S975 package - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 4Likes

post #1 of 31 Old 07-25-2019, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

S975 package

I have a few questions more about daily street driving than track or dyno.

1) Are there any reliability issues with long highway drives regarding temperature. I would assume not but just asking because I have owned many modded vehicles in the past and there always seems to be some gremlins. I will be moving to Tampa so heat/humidity are a daily occurrence that gave some of my previous modded cars problems

2) I didn't buy this vehicle for gas mileage but just curious what the larger injectors due to fuel consumption. I do drive long trips quite a bit and need to know how much more often I would be fueling up

3) What are the real world difference in performance on the street with the Performance pages readings 0-60 and 1/4 mile?

Thanks
Bill
post #2 of 31 Old 07-25-2019, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

I think you aren’t sposed to tow anymore but that’s the only thing I’ve heard. Just finished putting the 1025 on mine so I don’t have any time with it to have an opinion yet.
post #3 of 31 Old 07-25-2019, 04:03 PM

Bill... there are guys seeing 0-60 going from 3.2-3.1 down to 2.6-2.7, all else being equal. As far as 1/4 mile... expect low-10s from the 975 or higher packages.

Current Stable:
'18 Billet Silver Trackhawk
'02 Lingenfelter Twin Turbo Z06
'11 Corvette ZR1
'14 Audi SQ5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 07-25-2019, 04:54 PM

I can't wait to do mine..... Aug 13th cant come fast enough.
post #5 of 31 Old 07-25-2019, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNXtoWS6 View Post
I have a few questions more about daily street driving than track or dyno.

1) Are there any reliability issues with long highway drives regarding temperature. I would assume not but just asking because I have owned many modded vehicles in the past and there always seems to be some gremlins. I will be moving to Tampa so heat/humidity are a daily occurrence that gave some of my previous modded cars problems

2) I didn't buy this vehicle for gas mileage but just curious what the larger injectors due to fuel consumption. I do drive long trips quite a bit and need to know how much more often I would be fueling up

3) What are the real world difference in performance on the street with the Performance pages readings 0-60 and 1/4 mile?

Thanks
Bill
temp issues are typical the hotter it is the more timing is pulled. thats all cars but you are spinning the SC faster so it will be hotter.

on freeway gas mileage is pretty good I have seen 16-17 MPG compared to my 9.5 for street traffic driving MPG. the gas tank is small and I run E85 so I am at the gas station all the time. E85 burns faster then regular gas plus small tank sucks. hopefully your on 93 and it wont be as bad?

I dont know the 975 package so cant say times etc?
post #6 of 31 Old 07-25-2019, 08:15 PM

I have the S1025 package. The mileage has gone from high 12s to high 8s in a mix of city/highway driving. Trust me, it's going to hurt the wallet if you are going to do long trips.
I don't hammer it all the time nor do I drive it like a Prius to gain the best mileage. I am on E85 but tried 93 and did not get much better mileage.
I am in Naples FL, it's hot here and been taking it to the dragstrip twice a month. It's a blast but I would not be concerned with heat issues.
As others have said, I went from 3.1 to 2.6 0-60 and low 10s now in quarter mile (my license plate is LOW10S lol). It's an absolute blast but I would not have done it if I was going to do more than 500 miles per month with it.
post #7 of 31 Old 07-26-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emericr View Post
I have the S1025 package. The mileage has gone from high 12s to high 8s in a mix of city/highway driving. Trust me, it's going to hurt the wallet if you are going to do long trips.
I don't hammer it all the time nor do I drive it like a Prius to gain the best mileage. I am on E85 but tried 93 and did not get much better mileage.
I am in Naples FL, it's hot here and been taking it to the dragstrip twice a month. It's a blast but I would not be concerned with heat issues.
As others have said, I went from 3.1 to 2.6 0-60 and low 10s now in quarter mile (my license plate is LOW10S lol). It's an absolute blast but I would not have done it if I was going to do more than 500 miles per month with it.
Awesome! I cant even imagine what that is like. Tell me it is totally noticeable from stock to the 1025 package. and is there any sound difference with the pulley change to the super charger or the exhaust ( I wouldn't think this would change but im muffler delete ). My PCM is going for unlock Monday and the engine under the wrench on Aug 13th. Nobody should be concerned with gas mileage if they are doing this my guess us you'll get 220 miles out of a tank. I get 265/285 now depending on how I drive. pretty sad lol.
post #8 of 31 Old 07-26-2019, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

I’ve only gone for a few short drives since I finished my S1025 and the power is very noticeable as is the whine. The whine is constantly present now at all RPMs. Exhaust seems to be a little louder too.
post #9 of 31 Old 07-26-2019, 10:34 AM

Sweet. Looking forward to this!
post #10 of 31 Old 07-26-2019, 10:39 AM

Question what is the advantage if anything to the thermostat, what is our stock stat at and what is the best one to go with if I wanted to upgrade to?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page