tow bar/hitch part number and availability? - Jeep TrackHawk Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 30birdy99

post #1 of 8 Old 06-20-2019, 04:48 AM Thread Starter

tow bar/hitch part number and availability?

Hi, first post here I'm expecting to pick up my new Trackhawk next week - replacing an elderly GC Hemi 5.7 I've had for over 10 years. That's the good news...

The bad news is in the UK Mopar have not made the tow pack available and the dealer tells me the tow bar/hitch isn't even shown on their options/parts list. I also know my Jeep will not have the wiring for the tow bar pre-installed. So it looks like I have to buy and import this from the US - not a problem as I have a couple of Indian motorcycles and I have to get most of the parts for them in the US. But what I don't know (and nor does the dealer) is the actual parts and part numbers I need (as above, this one isn't pre-wired).

Second, does any know (or even work for!) a Jeep dealer who'd be happy to engage with me and get the parts shipped over? I've emailed one already (I'm in the US in August and it was near where I'll be) but they haven't replied...which isn't encouraging.
post #2 of 8 Old 06-20-2019, 06:50 AM

I thought that the tow bar was the same part number as the SRT? Which if that is the case you can just order the SRT one locally here at a Jeep dealer in the UK.

Wiring will require parts ordering. Mine was early 2018 production and came with.
Check the aussies, they may have part numbers and you could also potentialy avoid any RHD and amber light issues that may arise.

In the barn:

‘18 Trackhawk
‘17 SRT
‘13 Rubicon JKU 10A
‘03 TJ Tomb Raider
‘42 Willys MB
post #3 of 8 Old 06-20-2019, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Make sure its the same part. I just ordered a bumper hitch cover with SRT logo on it and it was not even close to fitting . The dealer even said it would fit but nope I have to send it back.
So I am assuming the bumper cover dont fit the hitch wont either. Make sure cuz shipping back and forth will suck.
what trailer brake are you gonna use? I just started looking for one. Mopar dont offer one for TH according to two dealers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-20-2019, 03:07 PM

Red Arc makes the best brake controller IMHO. Super stealthy install and more control than most.
ROCKETW19 likes this.

1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am, 416 Cu. In.
2007 Toyota X-Runner, TRD Supercharged
2007 Tblaze SS, Slammed and Cammed
post #5 of 8 Old 06-20-2019, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30birdy99 View Post
Red Arc makes the best brake controller IMHO. Super stealthy install and more control than most.
Ill look that one up thanks
post #6 of 8 Old 07-09-2019, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

OK - back again. I now have the TrackHawk and with 500 miles on it the Launch Control is enabled - managed 3.3 to 60 on the first attempt so quite pleased.

Back to the tow-bar query though. I've tried a couple of dealers in the UK and both claim there is no tow-bar listed or available for the TrackHawk...but you guys get them?

Can anyone suggest a friendly US dealer that will be happy to discuss this with me and send the kit over? I get a lot of bike parts from the US so it shouldn't be a problem, but so far my emails to random US dealers are getting no response. Ideally one in/near south LA as I'm there in a few weeks, but anywhere that is happy to ship overseas really.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-10-2019, 01:52 PM

post #8 of 8 Old 07-11-2019, 04:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown7 View Post
Thanks for that - but what I really need (and can't get in the UK) is the bar itself that bolts to the chassis that this part goes into. But thanks for the pointing me to the site, I've had a trawl around and it looks like what I'm after is listed as a 'hitch receiver'; I'll get in touch and check compatibility with them

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep TrackHawk Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page