Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so since I just got my TH back from the dealer after the belt fiasco, I wanted to make sure it was running correctly. They also did the PCM reflash for the recall. It's 97^F here in N Dallas, and I have a near full tank of gas, so I wasn't expecting a lot. Typically has run 3.4-3.5 at 85-90^F ambient and half-tank in Track Mode, just power braking it to 1800 or so and mashing the gas. 1280 miles on the clock.

Was in kind of a hurry, and had some traffic way behind me. So I turn the AC off, turn the knob from Auto, and romp on it. It seemed to short-shift 1st to 2nd slightly compared to normal, but ran strong otherwise. I look down and see that I had turned the knob the WRONG WAY. In my other car, turning the knob to the right bumps up the performance mode, unlike the Jeep where you turn it to the left. So I made the pass in Tow Mode. 3.7 seconds. LOL I think that is pretty darn good. Seriously doubt it would have been better than 3.5 in Track Mode.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hear you. I was told 6-12 months to get a Canadian spec rig from Cottrell. All the builders are starting to deliver new rigs under US length laws of 80ft (25 meters) which is not yet allowed here. And I don't see it changing anytime soon. Which means 75ft (23 meters) for a while. I like the design changes for the Boydstun and I have a quote for a Peterbilt, but would prefer a WS, still waiting on that quote. And they seem to be super light. But buying a truck from Oregon with a past reputation of bad service scares me a bit. Then again I had Cottrells and had many problems with them too!!! They all have their own share of good and bad. Just really want a good rundown on of these units.....not just the sales pitch!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts