Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sounds like most people are having issues with the launch control, so maybe there isn’t anything wrong with mine. It works as it should, which is just a gimmick at best. That’s too bad. My best time still shows 4.1, but I rarely go all out from 0-60, it’s too congested by me.
I don't consider launch control a gimmick but it does take time to master the process. I've found the lower the RPM's the better (around 1200-1500). That said, I think that's why many have had success with just a foot on the brake - they are letting the supercharger fill up just enough before they mash the gas. My best 0-60 so far is 3.3 seconds and in Kansas we are experiencing high heat (88-93 degrees) and that was not using launch control. I'm confident those will be much better in the fall/winter.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I don't consider launch control a gimmick but it does take time to master the process. I've found the lower the RPM's the better (around 1200-1500). That said, I think that's why many have had success with just a foot on the brake - they are letting the supercharger fill up just enough before they mash the gas. My best 0-60 so far is 3.3 seconds and in Kansas we are experiencing high heat (88-93 degrees) and that was not using launch control. I'm confident those will be much better in the fall/winter.
When I see it work properly, and consistently nets better times, then I’ll retract the gimmick statement. But at the moment, that’s what it seems to me, I hope I’m proven wrong.

·
Registered
412 Posts
It will still never work like it does in a vehicle equipped with a dual-clutch transmission (e.g.: Nissan GTR) or a car equipped with a trans brake (modified trans in a drag-oriented car). I think LC can help a novice be more consistent, but I don't think it will ever net the absolute best times.

It didn't in my '15 SRT (both when it was stock, and after I added a supercharger) and it hasn't in my limited time with my '18. I don't even consider using it anymore, to be honest.

·
Registered
695 Posts
It will still never work like it does in a vehicle equipped with a dual-clutch transmission (e.g.: Nissan GTR) or a car equipped with a trans brake (modified trans in a drag-oriented car). I think LC can help a novice be more consistent, but I don't think it will ever net the absolute best times.

It didn't in my '15 SRT (both when it was stock, and after I added a supercharger) and it hasn't in my limited time with my '18. I don't even consider using it anymore, to be honest.
So that’s the very definition of a gimmick then. When launch control doesn’t actually launch you off the line any faster than not in launch control, and possibly consistently slower = gimmick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Really interesting reads here guys. I've ran 3.2's in LC, and have never even tried old fashioned brake torques - but will definitely try now. Light quick brake hold and MASH. Thanks for the idea!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
122 Posts
i cant beat 4.0 in mine but the dealer says its normal. ....
I’m sorry but your dealer is wrong. I must admit that my experience with German Jeep dealers hasn’t been the greatest.
My best is 3.4s-100km/h(62mph). I constantly pull 3.4-3.8s. I pulled a 3.5s with 3 passengers. I have pulled a 3.6s on slightly wet road surface, this is when i walked all over a brabus 700 s coupe.

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
122 Posts
0-60 in 4 seconds. Anything 3.5 and under is good unless you’re at altitude, then 4 seconds is reasonable. My best is 2.5 but I’m heavily modified.
Totally agree with you. I think he might be refering to kph and not mph just like me, but still slow. I hit 3.5s-62mph at 1,200m(approx 4,000ft above sea level) altitude, but it was like -8degrees celsius 17,6 fahrenheit. It took a couple of pulls, but the tires did heat up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I turn my launch control ALL the way up and let it go just to heat the tires a little cause it will totally break the tires lose when doing that. Even at a lower rpm the tires spin off the Trans brake.

Its because of the shock to the tires. The TH doesnt like that in stock form with stock control arms and stock tires. But even heavily modified ones dont seem to benefit from the TB. Good for heating tires up thats about it imo.

I launch mine from the custom setting with trans in track and suspension in street. Foot brake at 1700 rpm. It really has to do with how u come out of the hole.

But smashing it seems to work well to as there is little to no shock to the suspension. I think it depends of ur power, suspension mods and tires of course. But in stock form the trans brake wont make u faster it will make u slower. Probably in modified form as well. Let u guys know soon as im about to go under the knife in a few weeks.....

21 - 37 of 37 Posts