Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yep... mine too! Consistent 3.1-3.3s once the weather got below 60^ here. 3.5s when temps are 90^+. So impressive from a big brick! :)

·
Banned
362 Posts
I've posted this here and on other TH sites a number of times, but here it is again. I usually get 3.1 to 3.3, depending on how much wheel spin I get off the line, but here's my best. (Note the 1/8 mile speed is in kph) Totally stock. BTW, I knew as soon as I launched this run it was going to be quick... It was a crisp cool morning and it hooked up perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
I've posted this here and on other TH sites a number of times, but here it is again. I usually get 3.1 to 3.3, depending on how much wheel spin I get off the line, but here's my best. (Note the 1/8 mile speed is in kph) Totally stock. BTW, I knew as soon as I launched this run it was going to be quick... It was a crisp cool morning and it hooked up perfectly.
Yes, this is the quickest I've seen from the Performance Pages. 11.2 @ 122 is flying, and I don't think most stock THs will run this at the track. You got a winner. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
define cool and crisp :) I'm at 3.1 with run flats on shitty Houston roads in the upper 40s . . . Seems like 3.0 is doable for a lot of us if the conditions are right and you might be able to get a 2.9!

·
Registered
168 Posts
define cool and crisp :) I'm at 3.1 with run flats on shitty Houston roads in the upper 40s . . . Seems like 3.0 is doable for a lot of us if the conditions are right and you might be able to get a 2.9!
I think if a stock 0-60 in 3.0 sec was possible that we would have seen it by now. They’ve been on the out for over a year and no one has posted a 3.0 stock yet. Someone prove me wrong (give me hope)!

·
Banned
362 Posts
The morning I got the 3.0 the air was dry (crisp) and and temps were in the mid 30's (cool). I make these runs on a 2+ mile stretch of road that I know very well. (and it's only 5 or 6 miles from home :) It's flat, straight, smooth and usually has no other cars in sight, especially in the early morning hours. It's about 200ft above sea level. I typically start my run on a bridge where there is a good concrete surface which I think gives me better traction on the launch.

I'm waiting for the air temps to get into the 20's and I'll probably try for a 2.9. That may be tough since I only got the 3.0 once. Usually I'm getting 3.1's and 3.2's...

·
Registered
30 Posts
According to my performance pages, my best 0-60 is 3.0 as well. No idea when it happened, but when I bought it used in October the best recorded 0-60 was 3.2 by the previous owner. But now it shows a 3.0 so apparently I did it sometime.

·
Registered
267 Posts
my best is 3.3 but yet to try my 305 Michelin pilot ss on 22 forged combo. what's your wheel tire setup carguy? I thought I saw you on some 22s...also any other modifications?

·
Registered
691 Posts
I am all for trying combinations of driving techniques, weather conditions and pavement variations to keep knocking the times down, but it is a fact that there is a limit to how quick you can go, in stock form.

The mechanicals of the car don't know that you just ran a 3.0. It doesn't try harder to reach 2.9. There's simply a limit to the amount of improvement that's possible, with a given amount of power/gearing/traction.

That said (my opinion honed from 35 years of drag and road racing), go forth and conquer, my friends!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.