Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week has certainly been interesting. Two accidents and then my TH was stolen. So how did we get here...

Last weekend I was expecting delivery of my 2021 TH (ordered in February). I headed out Saturday morning to get my daily-driver Cayenne washed and detailed so I could take some pictures. It is going up for sale as soon the TH is in the driveway. And then the bad week begins. I get rear-ended at the car wash by another driver. I had my tow hitch on, so he got the worst of it, but the bumper got scuffed. So a couple hours later after I'm done dealing with insurance and getting the paint shop booked, the Jeep dealer calls:
Salesman: "I've got some good news and some bad news."​
Me: "Let me guess. You got the car, but it is damaged."​
Salesman: "Ahh... yes. The transporter damaged the front skirt. We've got a claim in. We'll know more next week."​
Me: "Yeesh. OK."​

This week I've been patiently waiting. The dealer finally calls me today. Except it is the manager and not the salesman.

Manager: "Hi Mr. ____, this is a really difficult call to make."​
Me: "It got stolen didn't it."​
Manager: " Ahh... yes. This morning at 4am two guys broke into the building and took your TrackHawk and a Redeye. I'm very sorry."​
Me: "...."​
So, long story short, they've ordered a replacement and we have a request in for expedited scheduling. Time for some patience. Again.

Hope you find some humor in my experience with Jeep's legendarily secure key fob system. Happy motoring!

· Registered
9 Posts
This week has certainly been interesting. Two accidents and then my TH was stolen. So how did we get here...

Last weekend I was expecting delivery of my 2021 TH (ordered in February). I headed out Saturday morning to get my daily-driver Cayenne washed and detailed so I could take some pictures. It is going up for sale as soon the TH is in the driveway. And then the bad week begins. I get rear-ended at the car wash by another driver. I had my tow hitch on, so he got the worst of it, but the bumper got scuffed. So a couple hours later after I'm done dealing with insurance and getting the paint shop booked, the Jeep dealer calls:
Salesman: "Ahh... yes. The transporter damaged the front skirt. We've got a claim in. We'll know more next week."​

This week I've been patiently waiting. The dealer finally calls me today. Except it is the manager and not the salesman.

Manager: " Ahh... yes. This morning at 4am two guys broke into the building and took your TrackHawk and a Redeye. I'm very sorry."​
So, long story short, they've ordered a replacement and we have a request in for expedited scheduling. Time for some patience. Again.

Hope you find some humor in my experience with Jeep's legendarily secure key fob system. Happy motoring!
What a shitty week! Hope the new one is expedited

· Registered
119 Posts

Damn I’m trading my cayenne in on the 21 Trackhawk also 🙏😩

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well at least you'll get a new one instead of having that one repaired.
If theft is high in your area there's a thread here about putting a kill switch on the red ignition wire that works great and doesn't throw codes.
Thanks for the info. I was actually active in that thread and had plans to get a kill switch installed on Day 1 of ownership. Hopefully this helps others.

· Premium Member
61 Posts

Maybe, just maybe God is saying you shouldn’t have a Jeep trackhawk. Idk man that’s a pretty intense week. Or maybe it was just THAT particular TH.

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ha! Maybe.

Replacement order is in and I got my new VIN and VON. The stolen TH and Redeye have not been located and Stellantis has possibly not yet responded to the request to turn on tracking via SiriusXM Guardian. Unbelievable.

· Registered
2021 Trackhawk
109 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

Hope you get the order ASAP.

· Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
442 Posts
man what a rough week. Tell you the truth though, i would just about trade any suv in for the TH. This thing is just insane for it’s price point, that is if you get a good deal. The only thing you will miss from the Cayenne is fuel economy.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.