Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far so good and am lucky to have some roads nearby where I can really let her rip.

Today I went to install Mopar roof rails to attach cross bars to but mounting is not compatible.

The rivnuts are all flush but need to have the ones on ends of each rail to stick up to catch reliefs in the rails. Anyone experienced with installing roof rails?

The neurotic guy in me does not like water spilling through the hood vents onto that beautiful mill so I sealed the underside openings with gorilla duct tape for now. Pretty crazy, eh? Any comments on that?

·
Registered
411 Posts
So far so good and am lucky to have some roads nearby where I can really let her rip.

Today I went to install Mopar roof rails to attach cross bars to but mounting is not compatible.

The rivnuts are all flush but need to have the ones on ends of each rail to stick up to catch reliefs in the rails. Anyone experienced with installing roof rails?

The neurotic guy in me does not like water spilling through the hood vents onto that beautiful mill so I sealed the underside openings with gorilla duct tape for now. Pretty crazy, eh? Any comments on that?
Yeah, I really don't like the design, either. I had a GT500 with vents that allowed water in, too. I would open the hood and put a towel under there when I washed the car.

The vents are functional as heat extractors, though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just finished installing the Mopar roof rails and crossbars.
For each of the rail end bolts I made them out of flat head one by 6 mm screws and stainless steel fender washers that I Epoxied together just to hold it for assembly and I screwed it down backed out about one or two turns so that I could slide the rails in for a snug fit
For the other bolts I used the stock torx screws with the stock plastic washers used as spacers And held in place with contact cement for assembly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts