Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m not certain but I believe my 180* Mishimoto Thermostat has failed. Only 6,000 miles on this Thermostat.
Is this common with these Mishimoto 180* Thermostats ?
I do take long trips out of state and besides Performance I do need Reliability!
Truly Appreciate the Feedback

·
Super Moderator
2,393 Posts
Grab a Delco or whatever and toss it in. It’s a pretty cheap part. Is the temp too high?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope it’s not the Water Pump, can’t believe a Water Pump or Thermostat would fail after only 6,000 miles ?
Fans are staying on and not shutting off and running hotter than normal.
Quite irritated

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
DHawk was it the Low Temp 180* Mishimoto Thermostat failed in your Engine ?
Do you now have the Mishimoto in your vehicle ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
My first thermostat was an evenflo from livernois. I ran into a ton of issues with there kit (including the thermostat failing while I was driving) so I have upgraded to an HHP/BES 7.0L stroker with a redeye blower from High Horse Performance. I cannot say enough about that shop. I am not sure which thermostat they have installed. I have had no issue for the past year and 7,000 miles. I have taken a couple long trips with this build.

This seems like it will work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m not certain but I believe my 180* Mishimoto Thermostat has failed. Only 6,000 miles on this Thermostat.
Is this common with these Mishimoto 180* Thermostats ?
I do take long trips out of state and besides Performance I do need Reliability!
Truly Appreciate the Feedback
180* Mishimoto Thermostat has failed me 3 times. I'm sticking with stock!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
How exactly are these thermostats failing?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, HHP and BES Racing are reputable shops
I’m only referring to the Mishimoto 180* stats. Cant believe 2-3 aftermarket companies can’t develop a reliable Thermostat

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have read multiple situations where their T-Stats fail. I have one now and for the past 14K miles no issues but after I read that so many people were having issues I bought another to keep in my car in the event it fails... I also bought another Super Charger belt also. Sounds like I should get another water pump also...

·
Registered
231 Posts
I’ve been running the Reische 170* for the past 2 yrs in both my TrackHawks and the JGC SRT with no issues, good thermostat.

·
Registered
670 Posts
What are the actual benefits of 170 -180 thermostats?

I've tried those in other cars, over the years, and it hasn't improved anything that I could tell.

Seems like it would result in slower warm-up to operating temp on a very cold day.

On a hot day, how would it help anything? The cooling capacity is what it is.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Benefits in comparing 170*/180* to the stock 203*? I can’t really tell if any, to me it’s always been the heat issue although these engines are designed to run in the 210-220 degree range for ever I just can’t help my self thinking that 20*-25* cooler might help elsewhere, have I noticed diminishing performance on a hot 95* Florida day? compared to a cool 65* day on spirited driving not really. The cooling capacity is there though changing from a 203* T-stat to a 180* stat will drop temps by 15*-20* across the board including oil temps and IAT’s and putting a 170* stat will drop it another 5*, my main reason for doing the change was to get the coldest air posible into the combustion chamber since I’m not running a tune with my Demon supercharger, I’ve got a good CAI, spacers and thermal blanket exhausted out through catless mids and Borla S, I haven’t seen knock voltage change nor timing retard with my AeroForce gauge and my temps stay in check, heat soak IAT’s never go over 145* and yes warmup on a cold day is a bit slower.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I always thought the reason behind a lower thermostat on a computer controlled car was to let Tuners keep more timing.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes I believe that is true and in my case I was hoping to keep my timing and not get it pulled since I’m not running a tune and so far data and gauge show no retard or knock in all parameters 😎

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just had a Jet 180* fail on me with only 4000 miles on it🤬. Part# 10183. Replaced it and all is well again. Unreal it failed with only 4k miles on it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts