Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, at least we got some!:smile2:

20 2019 Trackhawks priced at 89,999 Pounds Sterling are hitting our shores. Our first ones through normal channels. Should all include roof, leather, Harmon Kardon, mostly in black leather and a couple give and take the stock versus black wheels.

Glad to finally get Hellcat engine training for the Jeep mechanics over here.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Right hand drives??

I was just reading about driving in the UK and found this interesting:

If you are importing an LHD car to the UK you need to make sure that you have a left-hand drive insurance policy in place.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes 20 right hand drives.

I imported mine LHD from Detroit myself. Just declare to DVLA (driving agency) that it is left hand drive when registering it. Insurance company here insured it LHD easy peasy no issues.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Yes 20 right hand drives.

I imported mine LHD from Detroit myself. Just declare to DVLA (driving agency) that it is left hand drive when registering it. Insurance company here insured it LHD easy peasy no issues.
Isn’t that a bit confusing (or harder to do) to drive around like that? I’d think if I were to drive a right hand drive car here in the US, that it would be much more difficult than LHD.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
That is very cool Volant165 you have had yours over 6 to 8 months earlier than anybody else. Also I am sure you are still the fastest TrackHawk over there still if not ship it back and we can get it better for you.

Maybe if you are going to be here for Christmas stop by and say hi it would be nice to finally put a face with the voice.
I also still have your goodie bag from when we did your TrackHawk.

Take care maybe see you soon.

Sincerely
Scott

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Isn’t that a bit confusing (or harder to do) to drive around like that? I’d think if I were to drive a right hand drive car here in the US, that it would be much more difficult than LHD.
When Jeep said they wouldn’t export the 10th Anniversary Rubicon to the UK in 2013 I did the same thing. Only two drawbacks with a left hooker here are narrow country lanes if you’re stuck behind a slow moving tractor etc where you can’t see around it as the Pentastar is just a bit shy on power to pass on very short notice. Having a Livernois Motorsports Trackhawk eliminates that problem.

The only other time is in a parking garage, getting the **** ticket from the machine if my wife is not in the car with me. Other than that it is a piece of cake, and when driving across to France, Germany, Austria etc its GREAT having the steering wheel on the correct side.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is very cool Volant165 you have had yours over 6 to 8 months earlier than anybody else. Also I am sure you are still the fastest TrackHawk over there still if not ship it back and we can get it better for you.

Maybe if you are going to be here for Christmas stop by and say hi it would be nice to finally put a face with the voice.
I also still have your goodie bag from when we did your TrackHawk.

Take care maybe see you soon.

Sincerely
Scott
Yeah it’s lonely over here crushing Range Rover SVR’s all by myself!

I am due to visit the fam in Detroit end of February maybe we can pop in then Scott? Could even bring the PCM for a flash update

1 - 12 of 12 Posts