Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a new screen for my Uconnect as it was peeling. I swapped them easily and figured this was a no brainer but when I re-installed the Uconnect the screen won't turn on. I tried putting the old one back and now nothing will work. Any ides as to what might be wrong? I've seated the ribbons as tightly as I can...not sure why this is happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I went back and tried one last time to swap the new screen, nothing. Then I put the old one back in as I had an appt to go to the dealership to get a new unit as they won't replace just the screen...when I plugged it all back in the old peeling unit turned on! So I think it's just a matter of me having to keep trying with the new screen. I really took my time to seat the ribbons and I assume that's what fixed the issue...I just need to find time when I feel like going through that time and time again as it's a pain pulling it in and out to test each time.

·
Registered
90 Posts
EDIT: I Just completed installing a new 8.4 Uconnect LCD monitor in my 2018 Trackhawk and it started right up with all the correct information on the screen. So I would suggest double checking all the connections.

Reactions: PBGas

·
Registered
83 Posts
It might also take a little bit to initiate when connecting everything back.
It should turn on pretty much immediately. Then it will update from generic Stellantis to Trackhawk. That takes a few seconds, but only the first time the new screen powers up.

Reactions: PBGas
1 - 6 of 6 Posts