Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
I am looking to buy a new Trackhawk. There are a few 2018 discounted new ones on dealership lots.
Does it really matter if I get a 2018 vs a 2019 new?
Unless it really matters to you then get the 19. But I got a left over 18 for 15k off sticker and can point you to dealers in the mass / NH area to find that same deal. tons on lots around here.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Trucks are almost the same. Dealers aren't selling good on either year and comparable deals can be made on both. The resale will be hirer on the '19 is you can snag one for about the same price. That's what I did and there are plenty out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great question. I saw the 2019s at the NYC Auto Show, and they are nearly identical. I was surprised to see that the Rhino color was retired after 2018, so if you like the Rhino color you will need to get an ‘18. The bottom line is that there is a bit of luck in this if the goal is to get one with no or few issues, all at a great price. They may change the engine in ‘20 to a twin turbo V6 which would be a deal breaker for me. Best advice - find the sweetest TH (‘18 or ‘19) and time it during your test drive. Just smash the gas on a straight, safe road in Auto. If you don’t get to 60 in 3.5 seconds or less, don’t buy it. All things the same, I’d get the ‘19 since it’s newer, and may smell better. Happy shopping!

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
if money is no Issue to you get the 19 just because its a year newer. Money was a issue for me I will not spend 100K on a car unless it was an old car lol. I got 13K off the 2018 and the only reason I bought one.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Keep searching because many deals out there if you have patience and persistence. I searched for 6 months and kept in touch with a dozen dealerships. I ended up negotiating a deal for $10K off a 2019. There may be drawbacks to either model year. I decided to get the 2019 because the bluebook value was over what I actually paid for it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
No more Rhino color but they added a green. I wish that was available in 2018. All you guys that find and got deals great. I ordered mine early and got NO deal. They need to put in the 797 hp engine for 2020, if that happens I will take the loss selling my silver TH and get a green one, but only if they power up!

·
Registered
415 Posts
No more Rhino color but they added a green. I wish that was available in 2018. All you guys that find and got deals great. I ordered mine early and got NO deal. They need to put in the 797 hp engine for 2020, if that happens I will take the loss selling my silver TH and get a green one, but only if they power up!
I would hunt down one of the sold out Helllephant motors and just do the 1000HP plug and play mod. LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts