Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:frown2:I have a 2018 track hawk that I put a cold air intake on and I just bought a 2019 track hawk and the stock air box is way different it now has some kind of valve and electrical connectors going to it? Has anyone put a cold air intake on a 2019.

Reactions: Broken98

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wow you got a 19 ! Post pics of the airbox im curious as to whats different. CONGRATS on the 19 .
Any other obvious differences in 19 to 18. New options?

·
Registered
67 Posts
:frown2:I have a 2018 track hawk that I put a cold air intake on and I just bought a 2019 track hawk and the stock air box is way different it now has some kind of valve and electrical connectors going to it? Has anyone put a cold air intake on a 2019.
The 2018 airbox/intake tube has a PVC valve as well as IAT sensor - there's more than that on the 2019?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow you got a 19 ! Post pics of the airbox im curious as to whats different. CONGRATS on the 19 .
Any other obvious differences in 19 to 18. New options?

Will do. It's getting tints today so I will post a pic tomorrow. No difference at all just the radio bezel sticks out a little more.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Can anyone elaborate on the 2018 vs. 2019 airbox differences? Is there an aftermarket CAI available?

·
Registered
168 Posts
The 2018 airbox/intake tube has a PVC valve as well as IAT sensor - there's more than that on the 2019?
I believe it is a mass air sensor. The temp sensor is at the supercharger (which is why you don’t see much change in temp no matter what you do short of interchiller).

Also curious what changed on 2019. That sucks for all the aftermarket companies that R&Ded and now can only sell to 2018 owner if it is true.

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
There’s a IAT (pre intercooler) probe and a connection point from the breather valve on the intake for the 18, the mass air sensor is further back and the other temp sensor referred to earlier is the intake manifold temp sensor (post intercooler) I’m pretty sure. The PCV connection is at the supercharger intake, not on the plastic OEM intake. Again, this is for my 18, haven’t compared to a 19.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
We at Livernois Motorsports have a solution.

I have on the shelf and have installed several of the 2019 cold air kits on the TrackHawks. There are some changed on the 2019 I'm not to sure of the verbage on the new items that were added but you have a new solenoid that is incorporated and some other goodies but we have it all figured out.

I have attached some pics of the 2019 CAI installed.

As always if you have any questions feel free to call text or e-mail.

Sincerely
Scott
Office 313-561-5500 ext 122
Cell 313-213-0273
E-mail [email protected]

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts