Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since purchasing my 2018 I have had a bit of buyers remorse for not going for the Rhino color and the upgraded leather interior... So I have been watching for details on the 2019 models with the thought that if I did start over, I might as well start with a year newer.

Unfortunately the Rhino color is no longer available in 2019 (neither is True Blue, my second choice) so I probably won't do it but I got to looking at the new radio style and can not decide if I like it or not?

In 2019, the radio will be a two piece unit with the touch screen brought further forward and integrated into a piano black bezel with a greater angle up...

The picture (and integrated bezel) makes it look larger but its not, still same size.

At first I really liked it, cleaner looking, more refined...

But now I have flipped and prefer what I have. The stronger angle and glossy finish to the new one I am afraid is going to show fingerprints more and reflect light easier. It may still IMO be more refined, but is that really what I want anyway. Maybe in a Chrysler Pacifica (first vehicle to have this design) but for a Jeep, especially a SRT or TH, I like the look and feel of the 2018 version better.

Other thoughts? Better, worse? More refined / classier or no? If yes, is that even needed for a TH?

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
Didn’t know this about the rhino color. I freaking love this color, almost went granite like my last one. So glad I didn’t. This thing changes color all day long. Good luck finding what you want.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn’t know this about the rhino color. I freaking love this color, almost went granite like my last one. So glad I didn’t. This thing changes color all day long. Good luck finding what you want.
eh, I'm not disappointed in what I have, just thought that if I could do it all over again I would have changed things up slightly, and with the 2019s coming out I potentially COULD do it all over again...

At this point I will likely hold on to what I have, maybe toss a leather covered panel or two in it from eBay as they start to show up and just trade it in on the next TrackHawk when / if it comes out on the next chassis in a couple years.

Just curious if others liked or did not like the radio changes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
After owning a Cadillac with that piano black finish, I would be very hesitant to do it again. I shows finger prints and is in need of constant cleaning.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Since purchasing my 2018 I have had a bit of buyers remorse for not going for the Rhino color and the upgraded leather interior... So I have been watching for details on the 2019 models with the thought that if I did start over, I might as well start with a year newer.

Unfortunately the Rhino color is no longer available in 2019 (neither is True Blue, my second choice) so I probably won't do it but I got to looking at the new radio style and can not decide if I like it or not?

In 2019, the radio will be a two piece unit with the touch screen brought further forward and integrated into a piano black bezel with a greater angle up...

The picture (and integrated bezel) makes it look larger but its not, still same size.

At first I really liked it, cleaner looking, more refined...

But now I have flipped and prefer what I have. The stronger angle and glossy finish to the new one I am afraid is going to show fingerprints more and reflect light easier. It may still IMO be more refined, but is that really what I want anyway. Maybe in a Chrysler Pacifica (first vehicle to have this design) but for a Jeep, especially a SRT or TH, I like the look and feel of the 2018 version better.

Other thoughts? Better, worse? More refined / classier or no? If yes, is that even needed for a TH?
Your issue about not being happy with what you picked is because FCA screwed up when they released this. We could only order them sight unseen, but how is that even possible for a major car manufacture?!? It shouldn’t be, but yet that seems to be the norm with FCA. If this was any other manufacturer we would’ve had a brochure with images, and leather and paint samples at your local dealer to choose from. Instead we got dealers that didn’t even know what a Trackhawk was, let alone brochures and sample swatches.

I feel for you with not ending up with what you really wanted - blame it on Jeep / FCA. I had to drive to a few different dealerships trying to find an SRT with the pearl white paint and another one with the sepia interior. That is what I ended up ordering, and I’m happy with it. But I never should’ve had to waste a full day driving all over south Florida looking for SRTs on lots with these options on them just to confirm that this is what I wanted to order. And yes it took the better part of a full day because I leaned the hard way that their websites aren’t properly updated either, I’d go to a dealer based on seeing one on their website that had the options I wanted, but when I get there it’s gone. It’s amateur hour at its finest at FCA, as this process we went through when we ordered our TH’s is proof of that. This is a phenomenal product, but its manufacturer is seriously lacking in several other areas when compared to any other major brand that would sell anything of this level of performance.

I’m not sure how long I’d continue putting up with all of this BS at FCA, so who knows how long I own mine. When I had my 2010 GC SRT 8 I was more okay with dealing with their flaws and shortcomings, but with a 100k halo model vehicle I expect a helluva lot more, and we’re not getting it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts