Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Order banks are now open for 2020 models. Some interesting changes for the new model year...

First the Ruby Red interior is gone, replaced with Black / Ski Gray...

Second, no more Satin Black wheels. Standard will be a Gloss Black version of the 5Ten, and optional will be a Titanium Gray version....

Everything else seems to carry over, including all the same exterior colors as the 2019...

I am waiting for the 2021 refresh anyway but was still hoping for some new exterior colors.

I really like the new interior color though I would have preferred they ADD it and keep the red... The red was never for me but I liked they offered such a sporty option.

I like the wheel change but I'm biased since I had my satin black painted Titanium anyway...

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thanks for the head's up and pix. I was hoping they'd offer a polished five-spoke wheel, more like the ones on my '14 GC SRT.

Of course, that's what the aftermarket is for.

And I'm kind of surprised that FCA didn't decide to cancel TH production for 2020. Based on the sales of '18-19s so far, I was thinking they might.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Most of the parts are cross over between other trims or vehicles.

They sold twice as many as they planned to in 2018 so that means they more than made back any R&D or investment into TrackHawk specific components

And after that R&D was paid for, they make a lot on each sold so I don’t see any reason they wouldn’t keep making them in 2020.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still no big 12" touch screen like in the newer Dodge Rams?
No, no change at all for 2020.

2021 model year they are going to offer a larger screen (10.1" vs the current 8.4") and adding the HUD option but still no plan for the really large 12" version....

Reactions: hawkku

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well maybe they will just offer a Hellcat motor in the RAM? Win Win.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: PBGas

·
Registered
33 Posts
Order banks are now open for 2020 models. Some interesting changes for the new model year...

First the Ruby Red interior is gone, replaced with Black / Ski Gray...

Second, no more Satin Black wheels. Standard will be a Gloss Black version of the 5Ten, and optional will be a Titanium Gray version....

Could I have the last Ruby Red interior w/ Satin Black wheels? My truck was built on July 9th, 2019...

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Could I have the last Ruby Red interior w/ Satin Black wheels? My truck was built on July 9th, 2019...

Yep sounds like you might!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
Anybody "know" when the 2020's will start hitting the lots? I was looking today and only found 2 new 2019's still available within 150 miles of my location. I "may" consider trading my 2018 on a 2020.... I topically trade for a new car every year, but the 2018 TH I bought was so awesome and trouble free I just skipped this year. Not sure if I can wait until the 2021's come out so I'll see what kind of deal I can make on a 2020. (Maybe)

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2020 Grand Cherokees are already on lots.

Autotrader has a handful with pics.

Haven’t seen any TrackHawks yet but at this point most dealers are going to wait until they have a guaranteed buyer for that level.

The exception will be the large volume retailers but since many of them still had 2018s to move recently they aren’t going to be ordering many for the floor either.

Point being, the reason you don’t see them is not because a dealer couldn’t have ordered and had it already. Your best bet to get one soon would be to order one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
Thanks, I may just expand my searches for a 2019 rather than order/or wait for a 2020. That is, if I decide to trade in my 2018.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
Anybody "know" when the 2020's will start hitting the lots? I was looking today and only found 2 new 2019's still available within 150 miles of my location. I "may" consider trading my 2018 on a 2020.... I topically trade for a new car every year, but the 2018 TH I bought was so awesome and trouble free I just skipped this year. Not sure if I can wait until the 2021's come out so I'll see what kind of deal I can make on a 2020. (Maybe)
2021 will be twin turbo, lmao just playing no clue. just had to bust your chops. I will swap for new TH when they make a huge body change or serious power upgrade. Im to cheap/poor to just swap cuz of the date it was built.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2021 will be twin turbo, lmao just playing no clue. just had to bust your chops. I will swap for new TH when they make a huge body change or serious power upgrade. Im to cheap/poor to just swap cuz of the date it was built.
I know you were only kidding but they will likely go twin turbo eventually but they are going to milk this Hellcat thing as long as they can.

Future leaked roadmaps do show reference to a 6.2L HO for a future Grand Cherokee so speculation is that it could be a RedEye version or maybe something in between current Hellcat and Redye versions depending on what the drivetrain can handle.

The new chassis IS expected to be lighter (built on an Alfa platform) so even if the engine isn't bumped up it should still shave a a tenth or two off the performance times.

Biggest difference will be new and improved electronics, things like a larger main screen, HUD, 360 camera, foot activated tailgates are likely.

The biggest question is timing though, right now, as discussed at the beginning, the 2020 models aren't much different. FCA is currently moving production around at some of the factories and re-tooling & training will be needed which takes times. Plus, after the chassis change, they usually focus on the top movers first, Limited, Overland, Summit models. Performance models are usually a good 9+ months later.

Again, all speculation based on small bits leaked. I feel confident that the TrackHawk will live on for a few years and I am holding off for the next chassis before upgrading but really the only thing certain is that a new chassis is coming, what engines and when remain to be seen.

Reactions: ROCKETW19

·
Registered
47 Posts
I wished they kept the red interior. What a disappointment. I was willing to pay premium for the interior I wanted. But I ordered the 2020 TH with the black Nappa/suede interior, HK sound system, and the pano roof.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Dont tease us like that... My heart sank and i was so happy to read your first five words....

Im deff getting the new iteration of the trackhawk when it arrives... but I will deff be keeping my 2018 trackhawk forever!

As for the HUD, I made sure i got one in my z06.... After spending a year with it... I could DEFF live without it... My eyes are just trained to go to the dashboard for useful information, as its much easier to read with a lot more info!

I just hope they dont release a new trackhawk the same year they release the c8 z06

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As for the HUD, I made sure i got one in my z06.... After spending a year with it... I could DEFF live without it... My eyes are just trained to go to the dashboard for useful information, as its much easier to read with a lot more info!
Very Interesting! I have only had the HUD on a few rental cars and absolutely loved it. That was my second favorite new feature expected (first favorite being the new chassis being lighter, you know, go fasterrrrrr).

Seriously though, I really thought the HUD would be my favorite new toy but you got me thinking... Maybe I was just interested in it because it would be something new and I don't have it... The downside is it drastically increases the cost of the windshield and tinting the windshield (as I usually do) will likely reduce the display clarity....

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
I wished they kept the red interior. What a disappointment. I was willing to pay premium for the interior I wanted. But I ordered the 2020 TH with the black Nappa/suede interior, HK sound system, and the pano roof.
Yea I wont lie when I opened the door on my TH and seen the red interior it was game over I had to have it, lol

1 - 20 of 55 Posts