Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
I like the HUD in other cars my buddys have. specially when I get lost going around the corner the nav turn right left what ever right on the windshield was super cool in my buddys truck. I wouldnt buy a new car for it but would like to have it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dont tease us like that... My heart sank and i was so happy to read your first five words....

Im deff getting the new iteration of the trackhawk when it arrives... but I will deff be keeping my 2018 trackhawk forever!

As for the HUD, I made sure i got one in my z06.... After spending a year with it... I could DEFF live without it... My eyes are just trained to go to the dashboard for useful information, as its much easier to read with a lot more info!

I just hope they dont release a new trackhawk the same year they release the c8 z06
I'm thinking the came thing. I have a 2019 ZR1 and will be getting the C8 Z06 when it comes out. My wife will really cry it up if I get the C8 Z06 and the 2021 TrackHawk in the same year.. Lol

·
Registered
346 Posts
Anybody "know" when the 2020's will start hitting the lots? I was looking today and only found 2 new 2019's still available within 150 miles of my location. I "may" consider trading my 2018 on a 2020.... I topically trade for a new car every year, but the 2018 TH I bought was so awesome and trouble free I just skipped this year. Not sure if I can wait until the 2021's come out so I'll see what kind of deal I can make on a 2020. (Maybe)
Thanks, I may just expand my searches for a 2019 rather than order/or wait for a 2020. That is, if I decide to trade in my 2018.

okay, life is too short to wait.... Since it seems the changes to 2020 are minor, and it's going to be a while before they hit the lots, and since they seem to be willing to deal on the remaining 2019's, I found what I liked and was able to make a trade today. Traded my 2018 TH for a 2019 TH. Learning curve is going to be about zero seconds. :smile2:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hopefully you have time to swap any parts over so that you won't have to buy again.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm thinking the came thing. I have a 2019 ZR1 and will be getting the C8 Z06 when it comes out. My wife will really cry it up if I get the C8 Z06 and the 2021 TrackHawk in the same year.. Lol
If they come out in the same year.... We might be referring to her as your x wife =D

Ill deff be getting both... Probably, keep both of them stock, and try to send my current setup's from the 2650's to twin turboskis! lol

·
Registered
212 Posts
Very Interesting! I have only had the HUD on a few rental cars and absolutely loved it. That was my second favorite new feature expected (first favorite being the new chassis being lighter, you know, go fasterrrrrr).

Seriously though, I really thought the HUD would be my favorite new toy but you got me thinking... Maybe I was just interested in it because it would be something new and I don't have it... The downside is it drastically increases the cost of the windshield and tinting the windshield (as I usually do) will likely reduce the display clarity....
Yea, I really wanted to love it... and thought it would be a great feature on the track. The reality is, how clear it is depends on the angle of the sun, and how bright it is outside.

HOWEVER I will always purchase it if given the opportunity, as it doesn't hinder me, and im sure i glance at it now and then... But i mostly use it for my radio stations, to see what songs are playing...

The Dashboard is just so bright and lively, my eyes are trained to look for the oranges and reds of the tach to know when i should shift (Obv and sound of motor) Huds are very bland with Reds/Whites/and blues.

Again not something i dont like.... It just wont sway my decision either way!

PS (I loved the huds in my rentals which is why i got it in my vette, i think it was just something new to me but untill the tech advances... its just meh)

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
why have we not seen the ZR1? sneak a picture in this thread or there is a thread somewhere about other cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wonder...

What's new for 2020?

Nothing major changes for 2020. The Grand Cherokee Trackhawk gets a new yellow badge and optional 20-inch wheels with a titanium finish and a black and grey leather interior package. The Trackhawk and Limited models gain a standard sunroof, bi-xenon headlamps and LED fog lamps. Overland models get an available dark sienna and black interior while Summit models offer a Light Frost and brown interior finish. The Limited X, pictured above, returns for 2020 after its introduction last year.

autoblog.com/2019/09/03/2020-jeep-grand-cherokee-review

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wonder...

What's new for 2020?

Nothing major changes for 2020. The Grand Cherokee Trackhawk gets a new yellow badge and optional 20-inch wheels with a titanium finish and a black and grey leather interior package. The Trackhawk and Limited models gain a standard sunroof, bi-xenon headlamps and LED fog lamps. Overland models get an available dark sienna and black interior while Summit models offer a Light Frost and brown interior finish. The Limited X, pictured above, returns for 2020 after its introduction last year.

The new sunroof is single-pane, from what I've read.

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The new sunroof is single-pane, from what I've read.
Correct, the single pane will be standard but the panoramic will still be available as an upgrade. No option without one or the other.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wonder...

What's new for 2020?

I don't that is 100% correct, the Trailhawk is getting the standard sunroof, nothing mentioned in other articles about the Trackhawk getting the roof or foglights.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It's only the "winged" Trackhawk emblem on the rear lid that was yellow on my Velvet Red one. It's removed and I don't remember where I put it, so no photo. Sorry.
On our Granite 'Hawk, built about two months later, it's thankfully not yellow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, I haven’t seen a single pic of a 2020 with it yellow so I was wondering if it was false information. Thank you sir! I just got my VIN a couple weeks ago.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts