Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up every one, I have a 2021 TH with about 780 miles on it. I put a borla attak on it at about 450 miles and just dropped in a green filter two days ago. When I was on my way home tonight the car started sputtering when taking off from a stop sign or green light and it sounded and felt like the cat was clogged or there was a leak. I went and checked the exhaust and everything was attached and tight. (p.s. I had a professional install the borla cat back also) . When idling in drive it’s very shaky like a motor mount was broken or some thing of that nature. No my question is 1. has any body had this happen to them? 2. What was it? 3. could it be one of the simple mods I did? Other than the catback and green filter she’s bone stock with only 780 miles on her. If y’all could provide any insight I appreciate you and thank you in advance. Other than that I’m just gonna call the dealership and have them check it out being it’s still under warranty.

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
Whats up every one, I have a 2021 TH with about 780 miles on it. I put a borla attak on it at about 450 miles and just dropped in a green filter two days ago. When I was on my way home tonight the car started sputtering when taking off from a stop sign or green light and it sounded and felt like the cat was clogged or there was a leak. I went and checked the exhaust and everything was attached and tight. (p.s. I had a professional install the borla cat back also) . When idling in drive it’s very shaky like a motor mount was broken or some thing of that nature. No my question is 1. has any body had this happen to them? 2. What was it? 3. could it be one of the simple mods I did? Other than the catback and green filter she’s bone stock with only 780 miles on her. If y’all could provide any insight I appreciate you and thank you in advance. Other than that I’m just gonna call the dealership and have them check it out being it’s still under warranty.
This was just drop in filter? To me, it sounds like u created a vacuum leak

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes just a drop in green filter, after the vehicle cooled down I restarted it and nothing, I haven’t taken it for a drive yet though and let it warm up real good. It’s not throwing any codes, you think putting the stock air filter back in will resolve issues if it is vacuum related?

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
253 Posts
It’s not your Green filter nor is it oil on the intake air sensor, if it was any problem with sensors you should have gotten a CEL and you’ve stated you don’t have a CEL on nor that any codes have popped up. If you suspect the Green filter swap it out for the stock one and see if any changes since it was the last thing you did before this issue started, with only 780 miles on her I think it’s time for a dealer visit.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It’s not your Green filter nor is it oil on the intake air sensor, if it was any problem with sensors you should have gotten a CEL and you’ve stated you don’t have a CEL on nor that any codes have popped up. If you suspect the Green filter swap it out for the stock one and see if any changes since it was the last thing you did before this issue started, with only 780 miles on her I think it’s time for a dealer visit.
Thank you, appreciate it

·
Registered
133 Posts
Contradicting

It's happed in the past, the sensor hasn't failed to set a code, It's cover in oil and dust causing the reading to be off.

But what do I know. It took three days to start acting up, points to something getting coated in oil.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Get rid of the drop in filter, clean the sensor in the intake tube, check all other sensors for damage or being loose.

most importantly, when you fix it, report back just in case another person has the same issue
[/QUOTE
Get rid of the drop in filter, clean the sensor in the intake tube, check all other sensors for damage or being loose.

most importantly, when you fix it, report back just in case another person has the same issue
just swapped the filter back to stock and sprayed sensor. Will post back in 24 /48 hours after running her for a good drive. Thanks again everyone who has given advice. Trackhawk community strong 💪🏻💪🏻 Appreciate the forum and all the other enthusiasts.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As promised the follow up, everything seems fine after switching back to stock air filter and cleaning air flow sensor. That being said I’d know how I feel about the green filter. I did feel the improvement on the throttle especially with the catback system on. Definitely felt like it could breath better but made the vehicle not run right after a day of hard driving. So I’m gonna say not worth it, probably just put a whole new CAI on. I ended up doing the green filter after reading about it on here but I’m surprised this hasn’t happened to anyone else. Long story short don’t mess with the green filter and if you want too still I’ll sell you mine it has like 60 miles on it, comes with the cleaning kit and oil too. Thanks to all who responded and helped with my issue.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I ran a green filter for the first 800 miles without a problem. Keep us updated if the problem reoccurs.

Reactions: StevenTrackhawking

·
Registered
253 Posts
I ran the drop in Green Filter for over 15k miles with no issues before installing the DDR CAI, which uses a Green Filter as well, both my TrackHawks run Green Filters, sooo.... unless the Green Filter came over oiled from factory or damaged which could be possible, or the OP re-oiled before installing, or didn’t have a good seal after install, I just don’t see a new good Green Filter causing that issue. I’d reinstall Green Filter and see if issue returns and if so then I’d call Green Filter for an exchange or refund.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They must have over oiled it, i just installed it right from the factory box. I brought the cleaning kit with cleaner and oil because I figured I was going to keep it in for a while. I wanted to put a livernois intake on but was unsure if it would void the warranty. I don’t think it will and it sounds like it depends on the dealership.

·
Registered
2021 Sting Gray Trackhawk
63 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles, glad to hear all seems to be working well now. Question, how do you like the Borla ATAK cat-back? It's definitely on my list of possible exhausts to get for the Hawk. I'm thinking about either the ATAK, S Type, AWE Track and or Touring exhaust and the STM Stainless exhaust.

I've yet to hear any of them in person on a Hawk, so I'm trying to get some more feedback. Sometimes they sound different from in-video compared to in person and different from outside the vehicle via something like a flyby versus what you actually hear inside the cabin and at cursing speed.

I had a Magnaflow cat back with a rear resonator delete on my SRT Jeep. I loved the deep growl and idle rumble it offered, as well as the flyby sound. But I hear a lot of Hawk owners mention that on the Hawk, the Magnaflow is almost too quiet, especially when compared to the stock exhaust. Some have mentioned the stock exhaust is a bit more raspy and seems louder at WOT than the MF.

The MF exhaust does seem to offer a deeper tone and deeper idle with more rumble than compared to the stock exhaust on the Hawk. Not sure if it offers more aggressive downshifts with the burble though.

I wish the Hawks stock exhaust had more rumble at idle, was louder on startup to hear and feel it further away then just 10 - 15 feet and had more aggressive sounding downshifts on the decelwith some gurgle and pops. The stock growl at lower speed and under mild acceleration, is fairly satisfying though and at WOT it definitely gets rowdy.

So, for those reasons I think at some point I'm going to try one of the other exhaust manufacturers this time around while anxiously awaiting the AFE CF intake in early January.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Trackhawk
41 Posts
I hear that the muffler may have been way too early to replace...breaking on period must occur i believe

1 - 20 of 30 Posts