Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Sorry to hear about your troubles, glad to hear all seems to be working well now. Question, how do you like the Borla ATAK cat-back? It's definitely on my list of possible exhausts to get for the Hawk. I'm thinking about either the ATAK, S Type, AWE Track and or Touring exhaust and the STM Stainless exhaust.

I've yet to hear any of them in person on a Hawk, so I'm trying to get some more feedback. Sometimes they sound different from in-video compared to in person and different from outside the vehicle via something like a flyby versus what you actually hear inside the cabin and at cursing speed.

I had a Magnaflow cat back with a rear resonator delete on my SRT Jeep. I loved the deep growl and idle rumble it offered, as well as the flyby sound. But I hear a lot of Hawk owners mention that on the Hawk, the Magnaflow is almost too quiet, especially when compared to the stock exhaust. Some have mentioned the stock exhaust is a bit more raspy and seems louder at WOT than the MF.

The MF exhaust does seem to offer a deeper tone and deeper idle with more rumble than compared to the stock exhaust on the Hawk. Not sure if it offers more aggressive downshifts with the burble though.

I wish the Hawks stock exhaust had more rumble at idle, was louder on startup to hear and feel it further away then just 10 - 15 feet and had more aggressive sounding downshifts on the decelwith some gurgle and pops. The stock growl at lower speed and under mild acceleration, is fairly satisfying though and at WOT it definitely gets rowdy.

So, for those reasons I think at some point I'm going to try one of the other exhaust manufacturers this time around while anxiously awaiting the AFE CF intake in early January.
the Borla Atak is great, I have no complaint. I’ve considered and have done the sound clips research on all the brands us THawk drivers like. I like louder exhaust and my vehicle to sound like a pro race car. That’s just what I’m int. Some people don’t like the aggressive sound so much. So obviously there’s choices than, but for what I was looking for I feel it came down to two things the Attak , gthaus, Corsa, and I’m sure there’s others out there too but I just found those to be popular for the TH. It sounds great outside, inside the cabin and I haven’t recorded a drive by but from the look on peoples faces i know it sounds great. When your driving it at WOT my friend says it’s sounds like two lions fighting lol. I have no complaints on it and happy with the swap from stock

·
Registered
2021 Sting Gray Trackhawk
63 Posts
Awesome, glad to hear it! I appreciate your insight on it. I'm definitely leaning toward the ATAK, especially since the options dwindle having the tow package.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think the exhaust tips are the limiting factor when it comes to the tow package, then u gotta do some grinding.
😂 Damn tow package!! This is why I can't have the Corsa Extreme or other exhausts! Well, I know I can have them modified to fit different tips that aren't stock but I just don't really wanna go that route. I just wanna buy an exhaust and have it put on, no welding and cutting.

I may change my mind, but the main ones I'm looking at, I definitely like their sound for the most part. They're at a decent price point too, but first I'll get the AFE CF CAI on and see how it all sounds with the stock exhaust. It might be good enough just to have some extra whine and maybe it'll help produce some more burble and pops on the decel downshifts.

You've got the S Type on, right? Definitely is deeper and has a growl to it from what I've heard (compared to stock). Is WOT raspy at all or just remains a deep tone?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine is attached to a 426 with no cats so it’s probably a bit more pronounced but not raspy at all. It sounds like a damn race car almost.
Nice, I'll definitely look more into the S Type and ATAK.

7 liter monster! 💯 You're a bad, baaaad man 🤣

Still running the stock blower? 2.7IHI? 3.0 IHI blower? Did you run the stock 376 for awhile or just swap in the 426?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Still on the stock blower but that’s my power limiter. You can read up on my build page to see the journey I’ve been through with the old money pit. Lol
Nice, I'll definitely check it out! Laaaawd, they're definitely money pits. So easy to drop stacks on customizations, performance parts, normal maintenance, wear and tear, etc. It's by far the most fun I've ever had with any vehicle, it never gets old, permanently grinning when I'm driving it. To be able to daily drive it all year long, with no worries during the winter, it's hard not to look for the next mod.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a similar situation with my filter. I think you should try swap it out for the stock one. I remember that after I changed it, everything was fine. Please try it out

·
Registered
414 Posts
Nice, I'll definitely look more into the S Type and ATAK.

7 liter monster! 💯 You're a bad, baaaad man 🤣

Still running the stock blower? 2.7IHI? 3.0 IHI blower? Did you run the stock 376 for awhile or just swap in the 426?
I've got the Borla S Type with the tow package and it sounds perfect. You'll like it much better over stock. Just the right amount of growl at idle and sounds great at WOT. Makes the jeep sounds like it should.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts