Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
181 - 200 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Slate, that’s awesome man!!! You’re getting closer! Question for you. If the dealership did NOT have an allocation for a Trackhawk order, what does that mean for me with my order?

dj hopefully your dealer gives you some good news fingers crossed!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put my order in back in April and have no emails. No VON or VIN, just the sales person sayinh the order is in. I am now losing hope for it. If they do not have allocations I assume it means back of the line then. Should I fimd a new dealership?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. I guess no allocations means back of the line. Not 100% sure though. And I would call around to other Jeep dealerships. Ask if they have an allocation for a Trackhawk, and if they are willing to order without a crazy “market adjustment” price markup.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. I guess no allocations means back of the line. Not 100% sure though. And I would call around to other Jeep dealerships. Ask if they have an allocation for a Trackhawk, and if they are willing to order without a crazy “market adjustment” price markup.
Yes you should do that because as of right now that’s not adding up

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congratulations
Thanks bro! Called SRT & Jeep, gave them that VIN & VON, and they didn’t have any record of the vehicle yet. They said it was still too soon and to check back in a week or so. Getting a little nervous with that video Jeep and Dodge just dropped on their YouTube channels but hopefully my order will still get built and shipped. Any update on yours?

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Nothing is adding up. Last week Stellantis e-mailed that they have received all the materials needed to start the build process for my vehicle. This week, the same old story - Stellantis continues to work closely with our suppliers to mitigate the manufacturing impacts caused by the various supply chain issues facing our industry." Due to the unprecedented global microchip shortage, production at the Jefferson North Assembly Plant will be down the week of July 12". "No additional information other than what has already been provided." So what is it? Do they have the parts or not? If so, why are they shutting down the plant?
My dealer says I'm in D1 with a schedule delivery date of July 29.
I ordered last year.
All of this conflicting information is no information at all.
At this point I don't trust anything being told me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That’s tough man! I feel your pain. Aside from my original order, I called a different Jeep dealership in the local area seeing if they had an allocation for another Trackhawk. The GM stated he did, but he already ordered one in 12/2020. So he gave me the VON number. I called SRT last week and they said the vehicle hasn’t even been built yet. I called yesterday and they advised the vehicle has been completed and has shipped. So the point I’m trying to make, don’t trust what you are being told me a customer service rep because I don’t think they really know what’s going on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’ve also gathered some information from talking with different people on YouTube that have ordered several Hellcat powered vehicles. I was told that Jeep / Dodge do not like canceling ordered. At one point, they actually re-opened the Durango Hellcat assembly line to complete some late orders. So I’m confident if our orders are in, we will get them. I also heard that the cut off date to order a 2021 TH would be around September. So I think we should all be good!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Like many of you, I am falling into the same hard-to-believe information trap. My problem was compounded by my salesperson moving into a finance manager role (he was radio silent for the past few emails over the past 90-days). Finally, another salesperson from the dealership called me to let me know they were assigned to my vehicle sale. He informed me that the vehicle was now in D1 status with a delivery date of 7/31. He claims that Jeep is working thru the backlog of orders that were, and still are, exaggerated by COVID supply chain constraints and the chip shortage from the Texas ice storm. He informed me that he has had a Wrangler 392 on order since November, that the vehicle got built in May and was then moved to storage, where it still sits today. He told me that he has never seen or heard of storage in all the years he has been working there and believes that a part or two might be backlogged, but overall, vehicle is built. While I don't want to assume, I wonder if many of you who ordered in late-2020 are in the same situation.

I run an IT department for a fairly large company and am responsible for ordering all the technology, so I am closer right now than I care to admit on the supply chain issues. Our computers, which used to take 6-10 days to be built and shipped, now have lead-times of 9-months for certain models. The other models are at least 30+ days out. All it takes is one part shortage, shipping delays, etc, to screw this whole thing up, and God forbid, it's a specialty part and only a few companies are capable of making it. As many of you know, countries outside the US is where a number of these parts are manufactured, and they have been hit the hardest with COVID, thus forcing them to shut down their operations until their workers can return. In some cases, they may have to rehire and train the new folks for those that didn't make it back. Sure, there is probably some automation, but certainly not 100%.

We are in unprecedented times and just need to do our best to be patient, as hard as that is.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Like many of you, I am falling into the same hard-to-believe information trap. My problem was compounded by my salesperson moving into a finance manager role (he was radio silent for the past few emails over the past 90-days). Finally, another salesperson from the dealership called me to let me know they were assigned to my vehicle sale. He informed me that the vehicle was now in D1 status with a delivery date of 7/31. He claims that Jeep is working thru the backlog of orders that were, and still are, exaggerated by COVID supply chain constraints and the chip shortage from the Texas ice storm. He informed me that he has had a Wrangler 392 on order since November, that the vehicle got built in May and was then moved to storage, where it still sits today. He told me that he has never seen or heard of storage in all the years he has been working there and believes that a part or two might be backlogged, but overall, vehicle is built. While I don't want to assume, I wonder if many of you who ordered in late-2020 are in the same situation.

I run an IT department for a fairly large company and am responsible for ordering all the technology, so I am closer right now than I care to admit on the supply chain issues. Our computers, which used to take 6-10 days to be built and shipped, now have lead-times of 9-months for certain models. The other models are at least 30+ days out. All it takes is one part shortage, shipping delays, etc, to screw this whole thing up, and God forbid, it's a specialty part and only a few companies are capable of making it. As many of you know, countries outside the US is where a number of these parts are manufactured, and they have been hit the hardest with COVID, thus forcing them to shut down their operations until their workers can return. In some cases, they may have to rehire and train the new folks for those that didn't make it back. Sure, there is probably some automation, but certainly not 100%.

We are in unprecedented times and just need to do our best to be patient, as hard as that is.
I’m not gonna lie when I got to where u started saying being patient all I heard afterwards was yadadadadada 😂😂😂sorry

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’m not gonna lie when I got to where u started saying being patient all I heard afterwards was yadadadadada 😂😂😂sorry
I did my post to tell myself that too! ha ha ha

Reactions: SlateBlue

·
Banned
391 Posts
...that the vehicle got built in May and was then moved to storage, where it still sits today. He told me that he has never seen or heard of storage in all the years he has been working there and believes that a part or two might be backlogged, but overall, vehicle is built.
Well, I'm not going to rewrite the post about storage not being uncommon, hence the JS code.

Apparently the virus, contrary to popular belief, did not originate in China, so a moderator deleted the post.
He/she didn't remove the word "China", which would've left the rest of the post useful as intended. Instead the entire post was deleted.

Unicorns and rainbows it is, even here on Jeep Trackhawk.org. And no, I don't expect this post to remain. Especially since it contains the forbidden word twice.

·
Super Moderator
2,306 Posts
Well, I'm not going to rewrite the post about storage not being uncommon, hence the JS code.

Apparently the virus, contrary to popular belief, did not originate in China, so a moderator deleted the post.
He/she didn't remove the word "China", which would've left the rest of the post useful as intended. Instead the entire post was deleted.

Unicorns and rainbows it is, even here on Jeep Trackhawk.org. And no, I don't expect this post to remain. Especially since it contains the forbidden word twice.
It’s all good, I just ban people that can’t take a hint. Take that noise to Parler or 8chan!! Here, we talk about Jeeps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Update to my prior post:
Cranes and Automotive News are reporting that the Jeep Grand Cherokee (and TH) plant will be shutdown through August 1.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Update to my prior post:
Cranes and Automotive News are reporting that the Jeep Grand Cherokee (and TH) plant will be shutdown through August 1.
Fake news - my dealership and SRT told me my vehicle will be built and delivered this month. ha ha ha ha

181 - 200 of 235 Posts