Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered 12/28/20. I am currently in D1 and have a VIN#. Talking to my dealer, he says a lot of his dealer stock orders are all stuck in BX. Mine was a sold order. Thats the only thing he can think of. My expected delivery date was 2/1. Lol never made it.
I’m confused how this all works. I ordered mine more than a month before yours and mine hasn’t even been scheduled. No VIN assigned yet either.

·
Registered
2021 Trackhawk, 2020 GT500, 2020 F250
10 Posts
I’m confused how this all works. I ordered mine more than a month before yours and mine hasn’t even been scheduled. No VIN assigned yet either.
I dont know. Maybe it was the way your dealer ordered it? Maybe its the options? I give up guessing when it comes to ordering vehicles anymore.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I dont know. Maybe it was the way your dealer ordered it? Maybe its the options? I give up guessing when it comes to ordering vehicles anymore.
This will probably be the last year of the HAWK. I'm exactly where you are. I'm in for the haul.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've ready everything I can find to read and talked to 3 different dealerships in the greater Cincinnati area. I think the piece you are missing is if they are only going to build ~1500 Trackhawks this year... not every dealer will get an allocation. I don't understand the allocation process at all but it is supposed to be based on volume of units moved by type and total number of cars sold. Allocations are distributed to the dealerships quarterly. Not at all an issue if you want to buy a Ram 1500 or minivan but for low production number vehicles like the Hellcats or Trackhawks your dealership probably did not get an allocation but took your order thinking they would get an allocation. I know from talking to the sales manager who worked this deal for me... they took the order and hoped they would get an allocation. We got lucky and got one like two days after it was ordered. Went into D status almost immediately. This link says it all... Chrysler Jeep Vehicle Order Codes | jeepfan.com

·
Registered
12 Posts

Yay!!! I was just assigned a VIN.
Placed my order 11/20/20 and I’ve been checking the status every week since the new year.
Finally an update.

·
Registered
102 Posts
There is a semiconductor shortage that is affecting the entire industry so I'm sure that is playing a part in the delays. That said, I read somewhere that TH production started yesterday so if that's true, things should start moving along.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Still waiting, no vin yet. Giving it until the end of February before I start looking for a slightly used one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys I just wanted to chime in here as well. I ordered my hawk 11/18/2020 from a herb chambers dealer in mass. The code has not changed since. Has been just sitting with a B status. Zero updates. I think I'm in the 13th week now. I even gave them my trade in about 6 weeks into the order thinking it was coming soon. Welp WRONG I went in and got my trade in back. Outlook not so good. I told them I'd give it till the end of March then I'm out. This is absolutely a insane amount of waiting. I'm gonna have to start looking for a used one I guess.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys I just wanted to chime in here as well. I ordered my hawk 11/18/2020 from a herb chambers dealer in mass. The code has not changed since. Has been just sitting with a B status. Zero updates. I think I'm in the 13th week now. I even gave them my trade in about 6 weeks into the order thinking it was coming soon. Welp WRONG I went in and got my trade in back. Outlook not so good. I told them I'd give it till the end of March then I'm out. This is absolutely a insane amount of waiting. I'm gonna have to start looking for a used one I guess.
I’ve heard that they just started building the 2021 Trackhawks in early Feb so hopefully you’ll get updates soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm only 7 weeks in since I ordered mine, but zero updates as of yet.

I'm starting to think about cancelling if something doesn't change within the next couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Stellantis is in flux. The SRT engineering division has been transfered to join the Alpha Romeo team. There have been some interesting technical post by the Euro testers. May be we will see improvements to the 6.2?
Like I said before, its going to be a bumpy ride, not for the faint hearted.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
anything the 2021 have new worth noting? heads up display ? anything cool?
The 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee brochures are out and available at Jeep. New is on Quadra Track on Demand 4X4, rear electronic limited slip, the titanium wheels seem to be an option,
electronically modulated torque converter clutch with 7 drive modes: Auto, Sport, Track,
Snow, Tow, Eco and Valet. electronic stability control.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Quick update on my 2021 TH. Jeff at Jeep said it would go into production the week of 1/19/21. It went to E (framing) on 2/19 and then switched to G (trim) today. Confirmed by the dealership and Jeep corporate. I ordered on 10/6/21... two days after the dealership was able to build in the dealer portal. I went to D almost immediately because my dealer had an allocation but hung in D/D1 status for almost 18 weeks. They are coming but seems like the dealers are taking orders without an allocation. That would explain all the confusion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Quick update on my 2021 TH. Jeff at Jeep said it would go into production the week of 1/19/21. It went to E (framing) on 2/19 and then switched to G (trim) today. Confirmed by the dealership and Jeep corporate. I ordered on 10/6/21... two days after the dealership was able to build in the dealer portal. I went to D almost immediately because my dealer had an allocation but hung in D/D1 status for almost 18 weeks. They are coming but seems like the dealers are taking orders without an allocation. That would explain all the confusion.
Sorry.. Jeep said it would go into production on 2/19/21.. they were on target... finally!

·
Registered
1 Posts
ordered my th on 2-6-21 and it was in production with a vin within a week. According to dealer should be here by end of March. He said they had 10 plus allocations so that would speed up the process and they could fast track it with some special order coding. We will see as I have waited for a long time before

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm only 7 weeks in since I ordered mine, but zero updates as of yet.

I'm starting to think about cancelling if something doesn't change within the next couple of weeks.
Hang tight. They started building Trackhawks early Feb. Hopefully you’ll get updates soon.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts