Jeep Trackhawk Forum banner

2021 Trackhawk order

63K views 496 replies 53 participants last post by  30birdy99 
#1 ·
I ordered a 2021 Trackhawk on Dec. 3rd 2020. I was told the average wait time is 4-6 weeks. It is currently Jan 18. 2021 and I have no VIN number for the vehicle yet just a vehicle order number. Is this normal?? It’s been just about 6 weeks if not a little longer but 6 weeks and no VIN yet seems a little too much. I understand things may be slowed down due to COVID but jeez. How much longer you guys think this build is gonna take ?

#409 ·
Received an email from Jeep Customer Service the other day welcoming me to the Jeep Family (cc’ing the dealership manager as well) with protection options available for my new TH…but still no confirmation if it is done (last I was informed - 4 weeks ago) it was built pending additional parts (assuming chips). Anyone else receive a similar email before? Is that a sign we are close?

#410 ·
Got a call yesterday mine was built waiting final inspection and then would go to another place if had any of the add ons like stripes or painted roof which I don’t. Let’s see how long. Also mine was ordered by a dealer less than 30 miles from plant so it will be delivered by truck.

#413 ·
It is crazy to see how random some of the order/delivery dates are. I ordered mine on 4/9 and put down the deposit. I received my VON 5/3. I check the staus weekly via Jeep chat and just got an estimated dealership delivery date of 10/11/2021 - 10/25/2021. My salesman says his system still doesn't show an estimated delivery date. The wait is driving me crazy.

#415 ·
Received confirmation that the jeep is built and was sent to painting since I got the black hood and roof option. Hoping it will be delivered and ready for pickup in a couple weeks. But as they say, you can wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one gets filled first. So I will be happy with delivery any time early November!!

#431 ·
Well my excitement was short lived on Saturday. Picked up the new TH and on my way home it started making a grinding noise upon accelerating from a stop. Sounds like a metal touching metal. Like a part of the motor vibrating on the frame. It got worse and worse the longer I drove. So, now it sits back at the dealer with 44 miles on it. Hopefully it's something simple and I get it back tomorrow.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
White Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Tread

Also, the Jeep emblem on my hood is crooked.

Car Vehicle Plant Grille Vehicle registration plate
Automotive parking light Car Grille Automotive lighting Hood

#444 ·
It had been running great until yesterday. I got home from work. Went out to the garage after about 20 minutes of being home and I smelled coolant. Opened the hood and there was splotches of pink coolant on the air cleaner box. Got out the flashlight and there was coolant all over the heat shield on the firewall, and coolant pooled up in a couple of the screw holes on the top/back side of the supercharger. I can't find the source of the leak, but it's not leaking onto the ground. Coolant overflow tank still has coolant in it, but it is low. So I have an appointment for Wednesday at the dealer to get it looked at. 😔

#447 · (Edited)
While I am not a happy camper at the moment, especially after just dropping $100k on a vehicle which has required a dealer visit twice in the first 150 miles. I work for the dealer group in question, albeit at the Toyota store. I owned a 2018 Trackhawk that was traded in on my new 2021. I know it's not as reliable as a Toyota, but a Toyota isn't near this fun to drive. I know that I sure didn't expect to have these problems with a brand new vehicle. However I traded my '18 because it was out of warranty, for a reason.

I'm friends with the GM at the CDJR store and know it's not his fault. It's the manufacturer's fault. It's their lack of quality control at the plant. Hopefully I will get these bugs ironed out, and I will have trouble free ownership from then, forward.

#448 ·
Look at the water pump. I’ve heard of plenty of them being defective and the location sounds right as well. Do not listen to johnyboy as you cannot get a new one under any circumstances now and pissing off the only people that can help you is rarely a good choice despite how pissed you might be.
Like you said, it’s not a Toyota and Jeep isn’t known for amazing build quality despite the price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.