Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to sound like I am complaining in this thread (I am) but I need some info from someone who is more knowledgeable than I am regarding the ordering process of a trackhawk.

Last week I traded in my 18’ SRT for the sole purpose of getting a trackhawk as a replacement. Nothing was wrong with the Jeep (I bought it new) and it was a really nice car. The trackhawk I want has to be ordered and the dealer stated they could no longer order 2020’s. A few days later, the salesman emailed me saying he will not have allocation to order a 2021 until early January 2021 “Or one to two months sooner.”

I’m curious as to why a dealer cannot order one sooner (or when the 2021’s actually come out). I know my SRT was only a SRT but the dealer ordered it for me no problem. Does the dealer have to wait until the larger dealers get their orders in to have allocation? I was under the impression they were cranking out hellcats left and right too.

This is the only vehicle I want, at the moment, and I have no problem waiting. I even left a large deposit with the dealer to ensure they would order me one (no confirmation from my salesman saying they will actually order me one, just allocation will come in January 2021). I know COVID screwed everything up in the car world too.

Maybe a salesman or someone who works at a dealer can shed some light on this for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m going to sound like I am complaining in this thread (I am) but I need some info from someone who is more knowledgeable than I am regarding the ordering process of a trackhawk.

Last week I traded in my 18’ SRT for the sole purpose of getting a trackhawk as a replacement. Nothing was wrong with the Jeep (I bought it new) and it was a really nice car. The trackhawk I want has to be ordered and the dealer stated they could no longer order 2020’s. A few days later, the salesman emailed me saying he will not have allocation to order a 2021 until early January 2021 “Or one to two months sooner.”

I’m curious as to why a dealer cannot order one sooner (or when the 2021’s actually come out). I know my SRT was only a SRT but the dealer ordered it for me no problem. Does the dealer have to wait until the larger dealers get their orders in to have allocation? I was under the impression they were cranking out hellcats left and right too.

This is the only vehicle I want, at the moment, and I have no problem waiting. I even left a large deposit with the dealer to ensure they would order me one (no confirmation from my salesman saying they will actually order me one, just allocation will come in January 2021). I know COVID screwed everything up in the car world too.

Maybe a salesman or someone who works at a dealer can shed some light on this for me.
I'm pretty much in the same boat (in the dark) as you. I'm planning on ordering a '21 TH to replace my '18 TH since there likely won't be a WL Trackhawk until '22 or later if the rumors are correct. I do business with the second largest (by volume) Jeep dealer in AZ, and my guy there who's pretty knowledgeable recently said he can currently order all "21 GC models up to and including the SRT but not the Trackhawk. No mention of any January 2021 allocation (if that actually exists). My only concern is that now with the Hellcat engine being offered in the TRX and Durango, supposedly with some short run volume, and also considering the Challenger and Charger production requirements that Hellcat engine production might have a tough time keeping up. Could that be why they're not able to order Trackhawks just yet? Only a guess on my part.The GC production start date is September 14 so the picture should get clearer hopefully after then. Fingers crossed.

Jeepaug provided the link above from Scott stating the there will be a '21 Trackhawk. Scott is an insider who's pretty much always on the money so I'm just going to try to wait patiently until we learn more.

Reactions: jimvanpatten

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'm trying to add up the info we know, and read between the lines coming out of Jeep.

I've found that car companies typically Don't put out press releases saying they are Not going to build a particular vehicle. So, since we (and AFAIK the media) haven't heard anything about a '21 TH at this late date...my guess is it's a no-go.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you're right, I probably shouldn't sell mine. Then end up with seller's remorse and no way to order a new one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dealer stated his boss (owner of the dealer) talked to the area Chrysler Rep and he said there was going to be a 2021 trackhawk.

I was going to talk to my dealer again in early November to see if they have heard of anything. It doesn’t make sense how they would make all the other models and not a trackhawk.

I’m jealous of all of you guys who have one right now. I bought my old SRT right when the 18’ Trackhawks were coming out and I Regretted not buying the trackhawk at that time.

I contemplated whippling my SRT but after adding everything up, it made sense to just sell it while it was stock and get a trackhawk.

·
Super Moderator
1,108 Posts
Dont whipple the SRT You are correct it dont add up. I was gonna do the same but with the Cadi it just didnt makes sense so I got the TH.
Do you still have SRT? I have a TH Id be willing to do some trading plus cash?
I dont want the TH its to small for me I know SRT is same but I would let my wife drive the SRT no way she driving the TH I have to much money and to much power for her,lol. Mine is 18 also just hit 10K miles 101K sticker cant think on anything its missing plus tons of add ons and I can honestly say I do not beat on it at all. Ive still to this day not launched and ran 1/4 mile.
Mine is white with Red interior White and carbon fiber wheels that you can paint any color you want I like white on white with the black carbon fiber barrels looks good to me.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My 2018 TH is another one that has never been to the track or raced and has only 4300 miles on it. It lives in my garage, doesn’t go out in the rain or snow. It loves sunny days with the windows down and CCR playing.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Wow, that's impressive, it's probably the only one in existence that hasn't been beat on a little and/or run the 1/4....
I dunno, other than a couple of 60-120s (to compare to the Challenger) and using 2/3 or so throttle when passing traffic, mine has not been beat on in its 1,805 miles.

That will likely change now that it looks like it's going to a new home in CA.

·
Super Moderator
1,108 Posts
Wow, that's impressive, it's probably the only one in existence that hasn't been beat on a little and/or run the 1/4....
there was never a reason to. I only raced 4-5 people and its over so fast why keep going. I missed the few track days I wanted to goto and no other reason to beat on it. now dont get me wrong I drive it fast But I dont try for best launches or max speed I am just between that. I have had fast cars my whole life not this fast but still fast cars. when I was 23 I had a 930 Turbo Ruff slant nose Porsche. that had a bigger Ruff turbo. I seen that car at the local lambo dealer a few years back its over 100K now.

·
Registered
177 Posts
How much have you got out of it so far?
Maybe I'm doing this wrong, since mine is just costing me.

·
Banned
362 Posts
there was never a reason to. I only raced 4-5 people and its over so fast why keep going. I missed the few track days I wanted to goto and no other reason to beat on it. now dont get me wrong I drive it fast But I dont try for best launches or max speed I am just between that. I have had fast cars my whole life not this fast but still fast cars. when I was 23 I had a 930 Turbo Ruff slant nose Porsche. that had a bigger Ruff turbo. I seen that car at the local lambo dealer a few years back its over 100K now.
Personally, I guess I'll never understand why anyone would buy something like a TH and not "push the limits" at least sometimes.... But that's me... As I've posted before, in the past 12 to 15 years, I've had 4 Vetts, 2 SRT's and 2 TH's... I never "abused" any them (in my way of thinking) but I can guarantee you I could tell you the 0-60 and 1/4m times of all of them. I never went for top speeds on any of them just beacuse somewhere around 160 to 170, things are just going by a lttle to fast for me. Plus, while I don't care about a speeding ticket, I don't want to spend a few days in jail.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Personally, I guess I'll never understand why anyone would buy something like a TH and not "push the limits" at least sometimes....
I never went for top speeds on any of them just beacuse somewhere around 160 to 170, things are just going by a lttle to fast for me.
Sounds like we're just pushing different limits.

I don't care much about 0-60 or 1/4-mile runs, but do like going fast, including around corners.
And yes, it's a lot safer to be a few hundreds slow on a 0-60 than it is to run off a road with steep drop-offs that are several hundred feet deep.

·
Super Moderator
1,108 Posts
Personally, I guess I'll never understand why anyone would buy something like a TH and not "push the limits" at least sometimes.... But that's me... As I've posted before, in the past 12 to 15 years, I've had 4 Vetts, 2 SRT's and 2 TH's... I never "abused" any them (in my way of thinking) but I can guarantee you I could tell you the 0-60 and 1/4m times of all of them. I never went for top speeds on any of them just beacuse somewhere around 160 to 170, things are just going by a lttle to fast for me. Plus, while I don't care about a speeding ticket, I don't want to spend a few days in jail.
Ive been down the 1/4 more times then most I missed the 2 events I was gonna bring the TH but I never really cared about 1/4 times. I will race anyone as far as it takes to win and its not far so why keep going?
my buddy has bolt on CTSV and C7 Zo6 i beat them so bad we only race 400- 500 feet and I raced the zo6 on freeway from 80-120 we were pretty even he got the jump but I would of pulled him in I think at least. it was over to fast and we didnt want to go past 120 and end up in jail. I am an adult I did all that **** when I was a kid.
you drive your car the way you want I will drive mine the way I want.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Saturno_V wrote four weeks ago that FCA closed the 2020 TH order book on July 1. I placed an order on May 31 and received my TH end of July. My dealer explained that FCA overproduced in 2018 and therefore lowered the production for 2019 dramatically. The corona mess probably made things even worse for 2020. I wouldn't be surprised if 2020 production didn't even reach 1000! One dealer near by had one white 2020 TH in his show room at the end of May that was sitting there since the beginning of the year! If I were you I'd look for new inventory as close to your dream hawk as possible and close the deal.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts