Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
If I were you I'd look for new inventory as close to your dream hawk as possible and close the deal.
Is that your way of saying that I shouldn't sell my '20?
Heck, my girlfriend even says that she won't let me drive hers if I do.

·
Registered
505 Posts
My crystal ball is no more clear than anyone else's, but:

IMO, the "over production" of 2018 models, and the subsequent much lower production of the '19-'20s really shouldn't affect the relative value of any of those in the far-future (whenever that is.)

What I mean: Decades from now when (IF) people care about collecting gasoline-powered cars anymore, the difference in prices at that time (given an apples-to-apples comparison of like condition, like miles, etc.) for anyone looking to buy an '18-'20 shouldn't be all that great.

The fact that the TH hasn't changed much (and has the same styling, hp/torque, brakes, suspension, etc) in all three years, means a collector-buyer in the future will likely just find the best condition TH he can buy and won't care about the year.

Look at air cooled 911s, mid-year Vettes, and early Broncos. Those prices (Vette to Vette and 911 to 911, and Bronco to Bronco) are all relatively equal, regardless of the model year, even with many hp gains year-to-year.

I'm in this for the long haul with mine. Unless a Redeye version comes out. That would change the collectible $$ equation.

Other thoughts?

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Super Moderator
1,109 Posts
My crystal ball is no more clear than anyone else's, but:

IMO, the "over production" of 2018 models, and the subsequent much lower production of the '19-'20s really shouldn't affect the relative value of any of those in the far-future (whenever that is.)

What I mean: Decades from now when (IF) people care about collecting gasoline-powered cars anymore, the difference in prices at that time (given an apples-to-apples comparison of like condition, like miles, etc.) for anyone looking to buy an '18-'20 shouldn't be all that great.

The fact that the TH hasn't changed much (and has the same styling, hp/torque, brakes, suspension, etc) in all three years, means a collector-buyer in the future will likely just find the best condition TH he can buy and won't care about the year.

Look at air cooled 911s, mid-year Vettes, and early Broncos. Those prices (Vette to Vette and 911 to 911, and Bronco to Bronco) are all relatively equal, regardless of the model year, even with many hp gains year-to-year.

I'm in this for the long haul with mine. Unless a Redeye version comes out. That would change the collectible $$ equation.

Other thoughts?
if they stop production it will take time but these will go up in price way up id think. Not demon like I think thats a special car in the future.
the prices on TH are flattened out and even came up (from what I noticed) supply and demand if none are for sale when one pops up the price can and should be high.
exapmle Raptors 2010-2014 limited and the cost was high 10k over sticker or you wouldnt get one. even if it was used it was higher then sticker. they held the value till 2018 before they took a real hit. Now you have Raptors on every corner. dealers have **** loads of them and they are selling under sticker. its all about supply and demand.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Saturno_V wrote four weeks ago that FCA closed the 2020 TH order book on July 1. I placed an order on May 31 and received my TH end of July. My dealer explained that FCA overproduced in 2018 and therefore lowered the production for 2019 dramatically. The corona mess probably made things even worse for 2020. I wouldn't be surprised if 2020 production didn't even reach 1000! One dealer near by had one white 2020 TH in his show room at the end of May that was sitting there since the beginning of the year! If I were you I'd look for new inventory as close to your dream hawk as possible and close the deal.

MY 2019 production was about 500 pieces, for 2020 I suspect could be even less....when I got my TH in July, the closest one to Seattle was in Sacramento...heck it is rarer than a Ferrari 488!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
MY 2019 production was about 500 pieces, for 2020 I suspect could be even less....when I got my TH in July, the closest one to Seattle was in Sacramento...heck it is rarer than a Ferrari 488!!!
One of the insiders on the FB TH page quoted the following Trackhawk volumes: 2018-7500, 2019-1700
2020-approximately 2000 when the final numbers come in.

·
Registered
103 Posts
One of the insiders on the FB TH page quoted the following Trackhawk volumes: 2018-7500, 2019-1700
2020-approximately 2000 when the final numbers come in.
On the Hellcat forum I found this....the post was end of August so probably end of the 2019 run
You are right..I got confused, 588 only for the US but global production almost 1500.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No worries. I read somewhere that the 2019 TH numbers for Australia were 500 something so maybe that's where that number came from. I just want the 2021 TH order books to open and I'm not waiting very patiently. LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
You can now “build” a 2021 trackhawk on jeeps website.

Any updates from anyone trying to order a 2021?

·
Banned
362 Posts
Some things I noticed on a quick buildout.... No Redeye option:confused:black satin wheels are the only wheel option, :(you can now order a spare without the tow package:)..... Lot's of color options:) 2021 exterior looks the same as the 2020 :confused:....

Maybe things will change over time.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Some quick things I noticed...you can now order a spare without the tow package:)
As I recall, you could order the spare by itself in '20, too. But they were proud of it by itself, so I got the tow package and a much cheaper spare with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As I recall, you could order the spare by itself in '20, too. But they were proud of it by itself, so I got the tow package and a much cheaper spare with it.
I ordered my '18 TH with a compact spare only..

·
Registered
505 Posts
No Redeye for '21? Okay, unless they do a mid-year surprise (which I doubt) we've already got what we're ever going to get on this platform.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts