Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was WOT on way home from dealer... lol

I wouldn’t worry much about any problem with break in on drivetrain. I was about as hard as you could possibly be and in 54k miles exactly nothing besides a water pump needed to be replaced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like you have a very good TH almost no issues

·
Registered
278 Posts
Indeed, most people do get away with it, but I'm not one of them.
Have had too many axle issues as it is not to break things in as well as possible.

Also, if something isn't right I have two choices. Either visit a dealer or sell the vehicle. I dislike dealers enough that I have sold a Ram pickup with 400 miles on it, because it had a very noisy rear diff.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Anyone order a 2021 and get their VIN or anything yet? My dealer said my order was in but no vin at this moment. I’m not in a real hurry as winter is coming, just curious to see where everyone else is at.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Anyone order a 2021 and get their VIN or anything yet? My dealer said my order was in but no vin at this moment. I’m not in a real hurry as winter is coming, just curious to see where everyone else is at.
My TH was updated on 16 Nov with the current price, what dealer to ship it to and as far as I know my order is in, but no VIN # yet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My TH was updated on 16 Nov with the current price, what dealer to ship it to and as far as I know my order is in, but no VIN # yet.
Thought I would let everyone know that I was able to order a 2021 Trackhawk and I have my VON and VIN. It's production code is listed as D1. Hoping to get an early Christmas present but with all the COVID craziness.. who knows!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hoping to get an early Christmas present but with all the COVID craziness.. who knows!
I'd think that even without any virus, it'll take a miracle to have it arrive before Christmas.
Unless you mean Christmas 2021.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thought I would let everyone know that I was able to order a 2021 Trackhawk and I have my VON and VIN. It's production code is listed as D1. Hoping to get an early Christmas present but with all the COVID craziness.. who knows!
What does VON mean? and your code D1 means: Gateline: plant has sequenced the vehicle for production,estimated ship date. I have the other codes on a post here somewhere, but if you want then please let me know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yep... vehicle order number and yes... that is the right definition for D1. I am not a car manufacturer but by my best understanding of production scheduling, that means the plant has it on their schedule and just waiting on all parts to be sourced and staged. Once all the parts are staged it will get a firm production start date and go to D2 status. Next step is framing. Don't know this for a fact and maybe somebody who know the line better could clarify.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I found this somewhere on this forum, if someone does not know the codes, here they are.

Scheduling:
C – Tentative schedule
D – Firm schedule, serial number is assigned
D1 – Gateline: plant has sequenced the vehicle for production, estimated ship date
Build stages:
E – framing
F – paint
G – trim
Built/shipping:
I – vehicle is built; quality control and final inspection pending
J – vehicle has passed final inspection, but has not been released to carrier
JB – shipped to body vendor
JS – shipped to storage
KZ – released by plant and invoiced
KZLD - in transit, delayed

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I got my VIN # today, no estimated ship date though. Will be ordering girodisc (demon) 2 piece rotors, girodisc “magic” pads, eibach rear sway bar, per4mance development differential brace, and Mighty Mouse catch can for it soon.

·
Registered
278 Posts
If memory serves me, you wouldn't really need/want it until spring, so isn't it better the later it's built?

·
Super Moderator
2,061 Posts
I got my VIN # today, no estimated ship date though. Will be ordering girodisc (demon) 2 piece rotors, girodisc “magic” pads, eibach rear sway bar, per4mance development differential brace, and Mighty Mouse catch can for it soon.
Whatcha gonna do with your factory rotors??

·
Registered
278 Posts
Don't need it till May. But I figured they made all of the Trackhawks all at once and then store if needed later.
Nah, they're built as they're ordered, just like most any other vehicle. But now yours is secured, should things go even more sideways in 2020. If that is possible.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts