Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most go to a 22" Wheel with 305/40/22 tires. although I live in the northeast with potholes pretty $hitty road surfaces and 21" would allow for less meat on a sidewall then the 20" but a tad more then the 22". Regardless can someone confirm the correct tire fitment for a 21" wheel? Just wondering what the availability of tires are for that size rim. I do know that there are few options in the 22" 305 size.

Would 305/40/21 actually work and not throw of the speedo much?

Any assistance is appreciated. I want new wheels but feel that 22's might be to much trouble around my area.

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
Go to tirerack.com or discount tire.com. Punch in the stock tire/wheel size, then find our tire and look at the specs. Find height, I wanna say it’s 30” but don’t quote me. Now punch in whatever size combo your curious about, pick a tire and find the height. If it matches, then no speedometer adjustment is needed. If it doesn’t match, keep changing it up till you find one that does.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
21" wheel and tires might be alot more $$$.
I remember way way back in the day when 22s came out then 24s they only had super small tires for 24s so I found 23" wheels and tires were perfect and **** they were way more $ cuz they were not popular.
I am not sure but 21 might be the same? Def curious what you find and cant wait to see what it looks like.

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
You can play with the width n see if there’s not another sidewall combo that will suit ur needs if you want wider than stock

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
You can put whatever size on you want but if you keep the same “height” or OD you don’t need to worry about speedometer calibration.
I think I like the idea of a 21” tire combo. Still offers some protection against curb rash and still looks good.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea I just saw eastcoastjeep's vlog on 22" and he said hes prob gonna sell his 22" and stay with stock 20's. I just need to find a wheel that is made in 21" size not all are but there are a ton of tires for us at 21" size and they are cheaper lol... hard to believe.

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
Depends on what tire. If u want OE tires then I can believe it but I replaced my 20” OE with continental extreme contacts n hoping I’ll get more than 20k out of them (rates for 40k) and at 1300 for a set. Not going to do rims yet, I’ve got all my mods on their way here now so rims/tires are on the back burner.

Did you check if a 315 has the height u need?

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
stock tire dimensions but 21" wheel in there would look perfect IMO. adding 1' of wheel and taking 1" of tire perfect. if you are trying to go bigger tires call someone how has done this many times. Joe at Solis racing has set up hundreds of TH with wheels he prob seen it all and knows what will work. But dont call just for info he wont give it to you lol buy from him and he will set you up.

Like Lil Hemi the inter-chiller just set my wheels and tire mod back lol it set a lot of things back. I need a new job or win the lotto to many car things going on. But I really want to see what you come up with.

·
Banned
1 Posts
This has always been too much information for me. Quite frankly I have no idea how to choose what the most suitable tires would be for my car, apart from the original ones. I love looking at all those cool cars with even cooler tires, but I can't seem to get on their level. I've been trying to, but just so you can imagine, I don't even know the dimensions of my car. Just yesterday I used o be able to tell a friend how heavy my car is and some other stuff about it. So you can imagine that I would have a hard time figuring out cool tires. Any help would be gladly appreciated.

·
Registered
390 Posts
This has always been too much information for me. Quite frankly I have no idea how to choose what the most suitable tires would be for my car, apart from the original ones. I love looking at all those cool cars with even cooler tires, but I can't seem to get on their level. I've been trying to, but just so you can imagine, I don't even know the dimensions of my car. Just yesterday I used http://cararac.com to be able to tell a friend how heavy my car is and some other stuff about it. So you can imagine that I would have a hard time figuring out cool tires. Any help would be gladly appreciated.
Where are you located? I would imagine you have a higher end wheel and tire store that caters to luxury vehicles? Stop in there and they can provide you with options depending on what size you are looking for. They will be able to provide options with the right offset, backspace and bolt pattern. Many wheel companies now have the ability to show a computerized image of what a wheel will look like on your vehicle since so many of us need a visual. They also have the ability for you to type in your vehicle and the wheels that will fit correctly will be shown - like Vossen, Savini, Asanti, Velgen, etc.

·
Registered
154 Posts
This has always been too much information for me. Quite frankly I have no idea how to choose what the most suitable tires would be for my car, apart from the original ones. I love looking at all those cool cars with even cooler tires, but I can't seem to get on their level. I've been trying to, but just so you can imagine, I don't even know the dimensions of my car. Just yesterday I used o be able to tell a friend how heavy my car is and some other stuff about it. So you can imagine that I would have a hard time figuring out cool tires. Any help would be gladly appreciated.
Just currious what happens with this post above? The member has this one post and it says (edited by moderator) and the author's status says "Banned" ........on their first post? 🤔

Maybe he was trolling or an IP from a previously banned member?

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
Looks like a spam post where they had linked in some website. Website was deleted from post and person banned.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts