Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing a lot of reading on different forums about the uconnect 360 surround view found on the Pacifica minivan and RAM trucks. It seems that the actual 360 module can be connected to any UAV head unit with certain changes using AlfaOBD. I have just started looking for the module it’s self and I am going to attempt to get 360 cameras working OEM on our TH’s.

I will keep everyone posted with any updates along the way. If anyone has any knowledge about this mod/upgrade it would be great to read about your experiences and solutions

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chrysler pacifica 2019 video control module

68375113ab

this should be 360 surround view module from the pacifica. If anyone can double check it would be great.

at the end of next week i should be going to the dealership and getting the wiring schematics from the pacifica and TH for the head unit and control module.

i tried purchasing a mopar tech subscription but for some reason i cannot introduce my credit card details. Probably because i live in Romania

·
Registered
85 Posts
Interesting. Had a Nissan rental with 360. Side views were via stealthy cameras mounted under mirrors. That may be the only area you'll have to get creative with?

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Great system but not entirely integrated as the OEM surround view. Using blinker stalk for any birds eye seems awkward, specially when you are trying to park fast. The OEM system turns on automatically and gives you full control with the touchscreen.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok. Since saturday i have pulled all diagrams i need from mopar tech authority. From what i have seen, the standard rear view camera on both the TH and Pacifica connect to the head unit directly but are commanded by the LIN bus network. The Surround view takes power from the same pin as the RVC(rear view camera), it uses the CAN IHS system instead of LIN Bus, and connects to the exact same place on the head unit using the same connection points. Now, I am still waiting for my security gate module so i can connect with AlfaOBD to see all programming options regarding this setup. I know from the RAM forums that the "backup camera" button will change to "surround view", it's all about the programming.

If anyone has solid knowledge of AlfaOBD options it would be great if you can check what options we have to turn on/off on the LIN and CAN IHS networks

1) I need to turn off RVC communications on LIN Bus.
2) Turn on CAN IHS communications for Surround view module.
3) Calibrate Surround view modules and camera.

If I can get this to work the next thing will be 4 door keyless entry. My LC200 has this since 2012, it seems stupid not to be able to unlock/lock the doors using the rear handles.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have been looking into this as well.
Their is a kit out there for this. Also enables turn signal cameras.
I was going to go to a local audio shop this week to inquire.
Thats pretty cool! Looks like you can toggle and have both left and right cams visible max, but not a true 360/birds-eye view?

1) I need to turn off RVC communications on LIN Bus.
2) Turn on CAN IHS communications for Surround view module.
3) Calibrate Surround view modules and camera.

If I can get this to work the next thing will be 4 door keyless entry. My LC200 has this since 2012, it seems stupid not to be able to unlock/lock the doors using the rear handles.
Have you already downloaded the AlfaOBD app? If so, windows version or android? With the windows version, you can download it for free (can't really use it for downloading as it times out after a certain time frame). Also with the windows version, you can choose any vehicle and any module to see what features are available. Here are some screen shots of the rear view options and surround view options (2019 BCM). Did not see any modules specific for Surround View, so not sure if calibration can only be done with WiTech. But that should not be a show stopper, short term WiTech subscription and J2534 interface is economical and works like a champ.
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You have just made my day. Will pay and download Alfa right now and start the long search on how to turn off LIN looking for rear camera and turning on Surround view.
I have just ordered the multicamera module from a sight for just 125euro second hand. So no big loss if it does not work. But i still do not see why it wont work. After I see the on screen button switched to surround view i will order all the cameras. I am going to keep all my factory connections so i can revert back if i need warranty work done.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: the rear OEM camera must changed. The Pacifica has all 4 cameras the same just different mounting bracket codes. The RAMs are the same, all cameras have the same code only brackets differ.

after looking in the BCM option list. I am getting more confident that this is doable.

One option Iwill be looking into is splicing into the 4 cameras and connecting them to a mobile dvr unit. I have one laying around which i used for surveillance on one of my excavators. It has a lot of options including remote viewing using built in gsm, wifi and can record on usb stick, memory card and hdd. Reading all the stolen stories has got me worried.

·
Super Moderator
2,916 Posts
Update: the rear OEM camera must changed. The Pacifica has all 4 cameras the same just different mounting bracket codes. The RAMs are the same, all cameras have the same code only brackets differ.

after looking in the BCM option list. I am getting more confident that this is doable.

One option Iwill be looking into is splicing into the 4 cameras and connecting them to a mobile dvr unit. I have one laying around which i used for surveillance on one of my excavators. It has a lot of options including remote viewing using built in gsm, wifi and can record on usb stick, memory card and hdd. Reading all the stolen stories has got me worried.
This is all great information. Thanks so much for sharing

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good news, the CVPM has arrived. It is a lot smaller than I thought. I consoder myself with average sized hands and the unit is about the size of one of my hands.

If you zoom into the topview picture you will see the writing for the front, right, back and left camera plugin points. The larger connector has all the power, CAN bus and video feed to the nav unit.

I am waiting for the connector plug and pins for the CVPM and the male/female connector for the rear camera already installed the fakra video cables for the camera and the SGW bypass module to start working with AlfaOBD. I am trying to make everything plug ‘n’ play besides the BCM programming. That will be a step by step guide. So far the CVPM will be powered on and send video feed via the TH’s backup camera harness. So no pulling out the nav unit. I am searching now for all the CANbus network connection points. We have throughout our vehicles certain CANbus network connection points for all the different options that can be installed from factoryand always have a couple of plugin spots spare. The cool thing is that the BCM module looks for the option modules install if the BCM is programmed to know those modules are installed. So no head scratching figuring protocols or addresses, just patience reading thoroughly all BCM options and activating and deactivating certain options.

Wood Hardwood Metal Electrical supply Rectangle

Wood Finger Wood stain Gadget Electronic instrument

Musical instrument Guitar accessory Wood Musical instrument accessory String instrument accessory

Rectangle Gas Wood Font Gadget

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to bump an older thread, but did you ever make any progress on this? I’ve been wanting to tackle this on my Trailhawk, but just haven’t had the time. If you’re still working on it, I know that JScan (iOS) has the options to enable the camera through the CVPM. I got stuck on figuring out the rear camera replacement and how to mount the other cameras.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have the equipment but time has not let me deal with putting everything together and start testing. I am hoping on having a weekend to myself and connecting everything and start testing what options are needed to change. The problem I have read is what cameras are used. I have all 4 cameras from a 2020 pacifica. The side cameras where bought including the mirrors.
I have beed thinking of cutting the pacifica mirrors camera mount a little bigger and plastic welding them to my mirrors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the equipment but time has not let me deal with putting everything together and start testing. I am hoping on having a weekend to myself and connecting everything and start testing what options are needed to change. The problem I have read is what cameras are used. I have all 4 cameras from a 2020 pacifica. The side cameras where bought including the mirrors.
I have beed thinking of cutting the pacifica mirrors camera mount a little bigger and plastic welding them to my mirrors.
I get that! Do you have the part numbers for the other parts needed (aside from the CVPM and camera)?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts