Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the Trackhawk for 6 weeks. Dont drive it much. In fact the battery died. Got it started and it had a clicking noise from idle to lets say 2000 RPM. Then it went away. Took it to dealer and they said its in the blower pulley and it would go away after 500 miles or so. WELL SH-izzle. At 416 miles it has no oil pressure so I towed it in and now they say I modified it so there is no coverage. I never modded the vehicle = factually i did not even drive it short of 390 mile. The rest of the miles were on it when I purchased it.

They say I must have driven it too fast - too fast really? the Launch control has not been activated yet. I own other fast cars and I am know for building fast cars so they just assume I did something.

I asked specifically what cuase the failure and how they determined it. They said ...and I quote.."we dont have to tell you we are just not covering it" When I pushed the issue they said there are witness marks on the bolt that shows I took it apart. I asked what witness marks and what bolts. They and and I quote "Well we took it apart and we can see" So now the only one that took it apart is then and they say those scratch on the bolt heads are from me not them.

I asked for the zone service manager and they wont tell me his name and he wont call back. If I get a lawyer involved it just gets drown out and I am not look for trouble. - i just want what it right. I called another dealer 300 miles a way and they see the local jerk put a national freeze on my VIN

Any thoughts:mad:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Sounds like you got screwed, and maybe even got a lemon of a Trackhawk. After that experience I’d be looking into lemon laws in your state and dumping this problemed TH back onto the dealership that is screwing you, that is assuming that they are the ones that also sold it to you, not just wanting them to warranty and fix the problem. That may be your best option based on the stance they are taking, maybe that way they’d just give in and say ‘ok we’ll warranty the issue and fix it for you, just drop this lemon issue’. If this dealer is one in the same, it might be worth having an attorney call them on your behalf looking for a refund under the lemon law.

I, myself, bought an extended warranty, but I’m wondering now if that wasn’t such a good idea with how difficult it can be to get them to honor it. I’ve got a squeak in my passenger seat, from new, and dealer told me it should go away over time, instead of offering to find what is loose and tighten it down.

Good luck with this.

·
Registered
111 Posts
That is B.S. You need to get an attorney and get this handled. If you need a lemon law attorney I have a good friend in Huntington Beach. Just PM me and I can give you his info.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It makes no sense for a dealer not to perform warranty service......especially on a non-modded one with 416 miles. They get paid by FCA to do warranty work. It is a profit center for a dealership.

Did you purchase vehicle new from this dealer?

Reactions: TRACKHAWKTX

·
Registered
76 Posts
Agree with jkmejeep, makes no sense as this is revenue for the dealership. I've never heard of a dealer refusing to share a tear-down report, nor has a friend that's a service manager at a Dodge dealer ever heard of a "VIN lock" that would preclude having a 2nd dealer look at the vehicle (dealers cannot see each other's service work without client authorization however). What's the name of the dealership?

Clicking noise that goes away sounds like an oiling issue. Had you had a look at the oil level? Not that there should have been an issue, however no telling if someone on the line had a bad day and missed tightening something and it dumped all the oil out of it.

Give FCA customer service a call (877-IAMJEEP) and ask for help and see if that will get things moving if you've hit a wall with the dealership.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
??

It makes no sense for a dealer not to perform warranty service......especially on a non-modded one with 416 miles. They get paid by FCA to do warranty work. It is a profit center for a dealership.

The dealer claims its the zone rep that claims its modded - I have my doubts but at this point it looks like I need a lawyer. They wont even tell me the specific reason for the decline in warranty service - In fact they said the oposite. They claim they do not have to tell me why they are declining it

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes and a 2017 Fiat 124, and 2017 Jeep SRT8 Grand Cherokee, And 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, And 2018 Ram Rebel, And 2018 Ram 2500 Diesel

Needless to say I wont be buying from them anymore. I cancelled my order for the 2019 Ram 1500 Unlimited

·
Registered
695 Posts
Yes and a 2017 Fiat 124, and 2017 Jeep SRT8 Grand Cherokee, And 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, And 2018 Ram Rebel, And 2018 Ram 2500 Diesel

Needless to say I wont be buying from them anymore. I cancelled my order for the 2019 Ram 1500 Unlimited
You’ve bought more than enough vehicles from them to warrant (no pun intended) letting others know who they are. Sorry, that really wasn’t a joke, warrant was just the most appropriate word. Lol

I can’t beleive they’re willing to walk away from such a good customer like you, I can’t imagine how many better customers than you they have. If so, that’s probably a very short list. These are the types of people (businesses) to stay away from, as they are very short sighted and care less about their customer. If that one specific deal, or transaction doesn’t favor them, then they’re willing to burn that bridge costing them all the future business. They deserve to be outed and sued. Good luck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Agree with jkmejeep, makes no sense as this is revenue for the dealership. I've never heard of a dealer refusing to share a tear-down report, nor has a friend that's a service manager at a Dodge dealer ever heard of a "VIN lock" that would preclude having a 2nd dealer look at the vehicle (dealers cannot see each other's service work without client authorization however). What's the name of the dealership?

Clicking noise that goes away sounds like an oiling issue. Had you had a look at the oil level? Not that there should have been an issue, however no telling if someone on the line had a bad day and missed tightening something and it dumped all the oil out of it.

Give FCA customer service a call (877-IAMJEEP) and ask for help and see if that will get things moving if you've hit a wall with the dealership.
Let me Clarify:

Agree with jkmejeep, makes no sense as this is revenue for the dealership.
I agree as well but they claim a special rep came out and he made the determination. I asked to speak with him and they wont tell me who "he" is nor give my a number number.

The people at the dealership are no better - they wont help me and are all tight lipped. Its very odd and pissing me off

I've never heard of a dealer refusing to share a tear-down report, nor has a friend that's a service manager at a Dodge dealer ever heard of a "VIN lock" that would preclude having a 2nd dealer look at the vehicle (dealers cannot see each other's service work without client authorization however). What's the name of the dealership?
I would beg to differ with this statement. The dealer is refusing to give me any information other than to say "you are in the performance business so you must have done something to it that made it break" Vague comments and nothing specific.

By VIN LOCK i mean I DID CALL ANOTHER DEALER and they claim the notes in the Chrysler System state COMPLETE VEHICLE RESTRICTION. _CHRYSLER STATES "THIS VEHICLE HAS ZERO COVERAGE. When I ask the 2nd dealer to dig dealer he said - it does not say why, its just flagged with zero coverage.

So dealers can communicate via the Chrysler data programs. But yes it does not say why its flagged. If it did then the 2nd dealer could tell me where to start.

Sure I can tow it to another dealer and have them look at it but what are they going to say at this point - you need and engine and we are not paying for it. - sorry dude you are SOL

I agree its an oil pump issue - no question. It has all the oil. I never did an oil change, It still has all the original parts. It still has the plastic on the floor mats and nav screen. I even put black towels on all the seats.

I have already called 1-800-992-1997 for help. They just mimic what the dealer said. "They think the car is modded but wont say why" They claim they do not have to tell me - which we all know is BS.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If I was in your situation, I would:

1) keep calling FCA customer Service until I got the right person. Take it all the way to the top.

2) Would get an attorney today.

3) Would get the TH back in my possession.

4) Would not drive/fix the car until everything is documented

Have you had issues with FCA/dealership on any of your other recent purchases?

Keep us posted on your progress & good luck.

Reactions: TRACKHAWKTX

·
Registered
695 Posts
Have you talked to your insurance company? Maybe you can file a claim with them and they can go after the dealership and/or FCA. My insurance company covered a new engine replacement for me when I was out of warranty. To be clear, the warranty had expired on a stock car, I hadn’t modded it at all, and was needed for a different reason. If they won’t help, did you finance this or buy it outright? If you financed it I would get your finance company involved. They have risk too, as if I were you and had very little down on this I would consider walking away from it. Cause even if this specific issue gets fixed, I don’t ever see those notes getting removed from the system, which means you bought a 100k car without a warranty. I know walking away costs you in credit score, but it may be the least economically painful way out of this thing. That is unless you planned on voiding the warranty yourself anyways soon, as the dealership fully expected you to do. If so, then maybe losing out on the warranty isn’t that big of a deal if you can get this immediate issue resolved.

Sucks to be going through this with a new vehicle, keep us posted as to how it gets resolved.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I was in your situation, I would:

1) keep calling FCA customer Service until I got the right person. Take it all the way to the top.
Check

2) Would get an attorney today..
Check - i did that but I was hoping not to be forced down that path. I am giving them 1 more chance to not discriminate

3) Would get the TH back in my possession.
Check - I towed it out of there as soon as they started trying to pull a fast one

4) Would not drive/fix the car until everything is documented
Check. Its at an independent SAE Mechanic Shop who is currently drafting a report stating Tires still have nipples on them, oil filter never removed, coolant never drain, oil never drained. Its clear the oil pump failed. Not like its the first time that a motor had a bad Oil pump

Have you had issues with FCA/dealership on any of your other recent purchases?
My son had several recalls and failures on the Fiat 124 Spider. FCA ultimately took it back. However he works as a salesperson at the dealer in question. I had nothing to do with that. It appears as though they are discriminating because I am in the performance business and my kid (who works for FCA) had an issue. I have tried to be nice about this because I did not want my kid to loose his job but this is a 107k purchase so........

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you talked to your insurance company? Maybe you can file a claim with them and they can go after the dealership and/or FCA. My insurance company covered a new engine replacement for me when I was out of warranty. To be clear, the warranty had expired on a stock car, I hadn’t modded it at all, and was needed for a different reason. If they won’t help, did you finance this or buy it outright? If you financed it I would get your finance company involved. They have risk too, as if I were you and had very little down on this I would consider walking away from it. Cause even if this specific issue gets fixed, I don’t ever see those notes getting removed from the system, which means you bought a 100k car without a warranty. I know walking away costs you in credit score, but it may be the least economically painful way out of this thing. That is unless you planned on voiding the warranty yourself anyways soon, as the dealership fully expected you to do. If so, then maybe losing out on the warranty isn’t that big of a deal if you can get this immediate issue resolved.

Sucks to be going through this with a new vehicle, keep us posted as to how it gets resolved.
I did not call my reg insurance yet. I was hoping to not go that route. I already owned a 1000hp 2017 SRT8. I sold it to buy the 707 TH WITH A WARRANTY:surprise:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Like others have said, I am dumbfounded that they would deny warranty on something that seems so obvious. Their mechanics have certainly seen plenty of these motors, and it takes nothing to pull data off the PCM. Certainly they _know_ it hasn't been modded yet. smh. And you have to be one of their best customers... you've spend hundreds of thousands of dollars with them. I'd honestly expect them to look the other way on some things for you (if that was even necessary... its obviously not in this case).

Hope you get this resolved without all the other red tape and time involved. That part sucks as bad as the engine failure. :(

·
Registered
502 Posts
Man, I feel for you! That is really bad treatment of ANY customer, let alone a big time repeat customer like you!!

Your dealer is a fool. I hope we get to find out his name & city, once you are done with this problem.

I live in SoCal, and sure don't want to go to that Jeep dealer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
With only 416 miles and the dead battery there is not much data stored in the PCM. It says PCM communication failure and TCM after they jump started it. Only only know this because I was there when they original scanned it. I talked to them about that when I dropped it off. They agreed it was normal to get these codes after the battery is stone dead. It was stone dead right off the tow truck

1 - 20 of 63 Posts