Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. Figured I would throw out a post about my recent build and experience with Demon Performance. First, they are amazing. I have dealt with other shops out there and most are good but hands down the best experience I have ever had. Skip is extremely responsive and they produce some high quality work.

Went with the following parts for the build which made 1048 WHP and 918 WTQ on E85. Just got it back up here to VA and waiting on the winter blend E crap to go away and the tracks to open to start playing with it.

Callies stroker crank
Wiseco Boostline rods
Demon/TKM custom pistons
Demon custom stroker cam
ARP everything
Ported/polished/built factory casting heads
Kooks 2" long tubes with their green cats (dang emissions)
Jokerz race build blower
FI Inter-chiller system
ATI 10% OD balancer
2.70 Griptec Pulley
ID1300 injectors
JMS Fuelmax
Fuel-it bluetooth kit
VMP 105mm throttle body
GForce Outlaw axles
Tuned on HP Tuners

Sure there are a lot of other supporting things that went into it that I didn't list but gives ya'll a good idea of what went into it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Nice Build. Do post some numbers when you get it to the track.

·
Super Moderator
1,297 Posts
so curious how drivability is after. I have not found one person that says their build is perfect. Ha I didnt even do half the stuff you did and mine isnt perfect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so curious how drivability is after. I have not found one person that says their build is perfect. Ha I didnt even do half the stuff you did and mine isnt perfect.
Other than the extremely noticeable vibration/rocking at idle due to the big cam I can barely tell it is different than stock. Drove it all the way from Lower SC to Northern VA and got 17 mpg on E so not even terrible on gas on the highway. Driving around the city it feels like stock until you don't want it to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only thing that is a slight problem is the warm up in the morning and all the ethanol smell even with the green cats. But that is to be expected on E.

·
Super Moderator
1,297 Posts
Only thing that is a slight problem is the warm up in the morning and all the ethanol smell even with the green cats. But that is to be expected on E.
Yes E just stinks no matter what. I have no cats and when I start in morning my garage makes a wind tunnel and forces smell to the front of TH its nasty I agree.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Hmmmm, I’ve got no cats but I’ve got no bad odors with ethanol but when I run gasoline it sure stinks up the joint.

·
Super Moderator
1,297 Posts
Hmmmm, I’ve got no cats but I’ve got no bad odors with ethanol but when I run gasoline it sure stinks up the joint.
Hum I run a mix 50/50 I just assumed it was the E85. I guess it could be the gas. it makes sense its the gas as the E85 is supposed to be green and clean and all lol

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
I’m sure the tune and other conditions will affect the exhaust flavor but in my case, she stanks on 93 but smells like stock when on the corn 🌽. Also, when the exhaust is spitting moisture at startup, there’s no carbon buildup coming out on the corn whereas that’s an issue on 93. Lil Hemi is going back for some tweaks, just as soon as I can get it over there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts