Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m currently waiting for my trackhawk 2019 to come back from tuner I want to see what whp people are getting on 93 builds and what those builds consist of. I currently hope I can achieve at least 800 whp with my build but not sure of boost 13 vs 15 vs etc that tunner is using.
American racing headers long pipe to cat delete straight pipes
180 degree thermostat.
2.85 upper pully
catch can
ID1050x injectors
Interchiller by forced inductions stage2
Intake manifold spacers
Supercharger thermal blanket
True street AJ tune

·
Registered
173 Posts
Only been running E85 myself, but I think getting "at least 800 whp" is a little optimistic on 93 octane and 13-15 psi won't be enough either IMO.

Possible running E85 (will need larger 1300x injectors) or Methanol injection but not with just a 2.85 upper and stock lower pulley combo.

Currious what your tuner saying that build will put down? 🤔

·
Registered
375 Posts
I’m currently waiting for my trackhawk 2019 to come back from tuner I want to see what whp people are getting on 93 builds and what those builds consist of. I currently hope I can achieve at least 800 whp with my build but not sure of boost 13 vs 15 vs etc that tunner is using.
American racing headers long pipe to cat delete straight pipes
180 degree thermostat.
2.85 upper pully
catch can
ID1050x injectors
Interchiller by forced inductions stage2
Intake manifold spacers
Supercharger thermal blanket
True street AJ tune
My build is based off 93 octane. so 2.85 upper, innovators west lower 9% over lower, same injectors you have, new plugs - Brisk. I run meth when boost hits 9psi, 180 degree stat on a AWD dyno. I like my tuning done on a AWD dyno and I am a big advocate of this because we dont run 2WD so its more accurate to real driving power. I wound up with 743hp and 727TQ, Truck ran consistently 11.1 in the 1/4 mile on a hot 80 degree day. I boost out at 20psi.

I like you would like to be at 800+ HP. E85 100% brings more HP then Meth. Most with my build will run high 10's on E85. I think you will be in the 700 wheel HP fur sure. I am deliberating adding a ported snout and 105mm TB but I dont know if I can justify the cost of $3k for parts labor and re-tune for 50 more whp at best.

so far I have had no issues with the tune or reliability of the truck with 12k miles being modded

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My build is based off 93 octane. so 2.85 upper, innovators west lower 9% over lower, same injectors you have, new plugs - Brisk. I run meth when boost hits 9psi, 180 degree stat on a AWD dyno. I like my tuning done on a AWD dyno and I am a big advocate of this because we dont run 2WD so its more accurate to real driving power. I wound up with 743hp and 727TQ, Truck ran consistently 11.1 in the 1/4 mile on a hot 80 degree day. I boost out at 20psi.

I like you would like to be at 800+ HP. E85 100% brings more HP then Meth. Most with my build will run high 10's on E85. I think you will be in the 700 wheel HP fur sure. I am deliberating adding a ported snout and 105mm TB but I dont know if I can justify the cost of $3k for parts labor and re-tune for 50 more whp at best.

so far I have had no issues with the tune or reliability of the truck with 12k miles being modded
Thanks so much for awesome info it really helps me out keep the build coming I love to hear and see the builds for my education. Your truck sounds very fun thanks again best of luck

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only been running E85 myself, but I think getting "at least 800 whp" is a little optimistic on 93 octane and 13-15 psi won't be enough either IMO.

Possible running E85 (will need larger 1300x injectors) or Methanol injection but not with just a 2.85 upper and stock lower pulley combo.

Currious what your tuner saying that build will put down? 🤔
Thanks for awesome response. The tuner is conservative not saying much but he had gotten 750 on this build max but no Interchiller spacers or blanket so I’m hoping that gives me the 800. But I’m happy almost anywhere above 750 haha thank you so much

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks for awesome response. The tuner is conservative not saying much but he had gotten 750 on this build max but no Interchiller spacers or blanket so I’m hoping that gives me the 800. But I’m happy almost anywhere above 750 haha thank you so much
No matter what your Hawk will be a monster compared to stock and feel like a different motor was installed. 😀👍

With that said I am afraid you will be short of 750 whp and 800 whp is not possible with boost that low and without an OD lower pulley. 🙊 I do not consider the spacers or blanket (which are a good idea) to be a power adder but more of a power keeper that helps prevent loss of hp due to heat soak issues.

I am far from any kind of expert but do read the forums and own a Trackhawk with an s1025 hp package + a few extra mods to base an opinion on. It seems your tuner's numbers don't add up to 750 whp with just 13-15 psi boost from only a 2.85 upper.

Just look at scottiekay's post above he has a 2.85 upper, 9% over Innovators West lower hitting 20 psi of boost and he is at 743 whp on 93. His results are consistent with what is seen by Andy the tuner at Livernois as you can see below.....

Based on scottiekay's results and comments above there is no logical way 5-8 psi less will get anywhere close to that and 800 whp would not possible unfortunately.

Any chance your tuner is installing a lower pulley on your Jeep as he must have had one to make 750 whp on 93 it would appear.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
I agree with double G the FI spacers and interchiller wont add power they just let you keep the power you have longer. If your gaskets are leaking you will get that power back with the spacers but still wont "add" power.
IMO everyone should just get ID1300s from the gate because no one is ever happy. example look at scottie K he has a monster with zero issues but hes think about more,lol we all do it and paying for injectors 2 times is no fun better to pay up front a few bucks extra just incase. I already knew this and just went straight to flex tune and S1025. I just wish I was smart enough to do FI interchiller and spacers at the same time as the S1025 I just didnt know about it then

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

80 degree temps outside running on dyno long time and check that temp out!!!! 45 whp gained!! cant wait until this thing is done i think i may come close to 800.....

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hopefully you get the hp numbers you are looking for soon, if not swap on a lower pulley and add some more boost.😉

Currently I'm running the larger size race spec interchiller so well aware of how much coolder the intercooler air temps are with one. Still consider it more of a hp keeper than a hp adder. As in you don't really gain 45 hp you just don't loose 45 hp when conditions are less than ideal say during a long dyno session or a hot.summer day.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hopefully you get the hp numbers you are looking for soon, if not swap on a lower pulley and add some more boost.😉

Currently I'm running the larger size race spec interchiller so well aware of how much coolder the intercooler air temps are with one. Still consider it more of a hp keeper than a hp adder. As in you don't really gain 45 hp you just don't loose 45 hp when conditions are less than ideal say during a long dyno session or a hot.summer day.
yes im sorry i forgot to mention i was incorrect tuner running 20 lbs not 15 thank you for all amazing advice great help and idea of what to expect

·
Registered
173 Posts
I found this it is a great example of how just the spacers alone can add some hp...... how do i explain this video before and after blower spacer plates ??????
To answer your question we have to look at it logically.....

I personally think the video is a little misleading as they are not picking up 40 awhp just by adding spacers alone (assuming engine is in 100% operating condition and intake air temperature is the same). If spacers work that well then save all that money and skip the upper pulley, injectors and skip the tune all together. Why not just stack 2 spacer sets and pick up 80 awhp? 🤔

Because it doesn't work that way, if it did the fastest Hawks would all have taller hoods and guys would be cutting into their cowling to clear superchargers raised with 2" spacer plates. And to make a RedEye Challenger Dodge could have simply just put on some supercharger spacers to their HellCat engine and be done with it. But they didn't as it doesn't work like that.

So enough of the silly stuff... 😉

How do they pick up 40 awhp? Obviously the Hawk in the video is far from stock as getting to 830+ whp means they are pushing 17-18 psi to that engine. Very likely in the first run there was a supercharger gasket issue causing boost bleed and limiting the engine hp output as the boost psi was down from where it should be with pulley mods.

If the gaskets were leaking then they would get that power back with the spacers installed on the 2nd dyno run. Simply they were not making more hp but again likely gaining back what was lost. One of their key spacer marketing points is the OEM gasket design is subject to failure with increased boost psi like this engine is doing.

Are spacers still a good idea? Yes 👍
Are they going to net you 40 whp alone if your supercharger/engine is healthy, Um likely not.
Do I think this video is kind of a ringer, Yes I do. 😉

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I found this it is a great example of how just the spacers alone can add some hp...... how do i explain this video before and after blower spacer plates ??????
Any explanations! ? You all saying no added hp only helps keep hp on hot days but this begs to differ ?!?!? Am I missing something and this is jus
To answer your question we have to look at it logically.....

I personally think the video is a little misleading as they are not picking up 40 awhp just by adding spacers alone (assuming engine is in 100% operating condition and intake air temperature is the same). If spacers work that well then save all that money and skip the upper pulley, injectors and skip the tune all together. Why not just stack 2 spacer sets and pick up 80 awhp? 🤔

Because it doesn't work that way, if it did the fastest Hawks would all have taller hoods and guys would be cutting into their cowling to clear superchargers raised with 2" spacer plates. And to make a RedEye Challenger Dodge could have simply just put on some supercharger spacers to their HellCat engine and be done with it. But they didn't as it doesn't work like that.

So enough of the silly stuff... 😉

How do they pick up 40 awhp? Obviously the Hawk in the video is far from stock as getting to 830+ whp means they are pushing 17-18 psi to that engine. Very likely in the first run there was a supercharger gasket issue causing boost bleed and limiting the engine hp output as the boost psi was down from where it should be with pulley mods.

If the gaskets were leaking then they would get that power back with the spacers installed on the 2nd dyno run. Simply they were not making more hp but again likely gaining back what was lost. One of their key spacer marketing points is the OEM gasket design is subject to failure with increased boost psi like this engine is doing.

Are spacers still a good idea? Yes 👍
Are they going to net you 40 whp alone if your supercharger/engine is healthy, Um likely not.
Do I think this video is kind of a ringer, Yes I do. 😉
Yea I get that you could be right on I’m so curious about mine I’m busting at the seams. thank you I’m trying to find more stuff on the www but hard to know what is really real and not. You guys really know your stuff thanks for the help and advice

·
Registered
375 Posts
This is 100% the place to get your info. we all have good insights from our own experiences. Realistically after modding the tune is what will make the difference. I connected with many on instagram also for info on what they did. I took a lot into consideration on my build. Remember elevation matters - DA, on and on and on. My biggest suggestion is do what it takes to get the best bang for the buck.

As I have read in this forum so may times... your track time is the determining factor of your performance not the HP numbers. People can brag all they want but the slips from the track are TRUTH.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is 100% the place to get your info. we all have good insights from our own experiences. Realistically after modding the tune is what will make the difference. I connected with many on instagram also for info on what they did. I took a lot into consideration on my build. Remember elevation matters - DA, on and on and on. My biggest suggestion is do what it takes to get the best bang for the buck.

As I have read in this forum so may times... your track time is the determining factor of your performance not the HP numbers. People can brag all they want but the slips from the track are TRUTH.
Amen Love it!! Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Any explanations! ? You all saying no added hp only helps keep hp on hot days but this begs to differ ?!?!? Am I missing something and this is jus

Yea I get that you could be right on I’m so curious about mine I’m busting at the seams. thank you I’m trying to find more stuff on the www but hard to know what is really real and not. You guys really know your stuff thanks for the help and advice
very simple ask Kirk (FI intercooler) he will tell you the dude is cool and will text or message you at all hours. he told me almost word for word exactly what Double G just posted. if you search I have said the same things to other before you. I think the spacers and intercooler are one of the best mods we can do so dont think we are talking bad about it, I love mine.
saying all that Double G is correct your not adding power your keeping or possibly getting back lost HP for leaking gaskets.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
very simple ask Kirk (FI intercooler) he will tell you the dude is cool and will text or message you at all hours. he told me almost word for word exactly what Double G just posted. if you search I have said the same things to other before you. I think the spacers and intercooler are one of the best mods we can do so dont think we are talking bad about it, I love mine.
saying all that Double G is correct your not adding power your keeping or possibly getting back lost HP for leaking gaskets.
Yes I did call him about build about a week ago and not much convo on spacers but he confirmed the spacer video was no other mods run to run and e 85 build he did talk How with chiller off and race chiller on tuner should see 40 45 hp more do how is that possible push button off temps go up 40 go less. Then hit switch on cooler dryer air about 40 hp more? But if you guys running kit and dyno and see no change I can’t disagree with that. Just stoped by shop check out video. Maybe I missunderstood Kirk but even in his tuning instructions it states 40 to 45 whp with off and on otherwise question tune. Check out video 800 whp 93 octane build ?!?!?!?!? I hope ?!?!?!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I alway
I dont see anything in the video? just a TH revving the motor?
anyways I dont think you get what we are saying but no matter your gonna love it anyways. when do you get it back? Where do you live?

I hope for next week it’s hard to get videos I hate bugging the shop but I drove by and saw them working so I stoped in and got what I could. Sorry for poor quality I’m from Long Island ny

1 - 20 of 34 Posts