Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello group. Just signed on a dotted line, will pick up 2018 TH on friday. Test drove it past saturday. Owned WK2, wife refers to it as her all time favorite vehicle. She wanted a Summit, i wanted to choke myself with notion of that. So we compromised... test drove X5M, LX570, Q7. when wife realized that for exception of X5M those choices were draining life from me we test drove something i wanted... Zr1 convertible, Zl1 convertible, various hellcats, 911 turbo, ctsv. For exception of 200k Porsche or 100k caddy i was not happy with anything....at that point we decided to try a compromise. Well summits interior with stupid HP. I had **** eating grin entire test drive, i didnt need assistance to get up or get into the car (i am a fat 6'-2" with recently broken shoulder). Jeep was awesome for me in terms not needing to sit on a god **** floor to roll my butt into the drivers seat or needing a ski goggles because my line of sight is above the windshield frame ( chevy or corvette). It became obvious - trailhawk is not a compromise but a true dream car for wife and i.
Wheeling and dealing, i just signed the deal.
Looking forward to what i hope to be fun ownership.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Sounds like you did thorough shopping and research. Congrats on pulling the trigger!

A person can read all the tests, and watch all the videos they want. But, for a vehicle like the TH, there's nothing like the experience of driving it.

If the power, sound and performance of the TH doesn't convince a person to get one, then they should probably stick to girly cars.

·
Super Moderator
1,420 Posts
Hello group. Just signed on a dotted line, will pick up 2018 TH on friday. Test drove it past saturday. Owned WK2, wife refers to it as her all time favorite vehicle. She wanted a Summit, i wanted to choke myself with notion of that. So we compromised... test drove X5M, LX570, Q7. when wife realized that for exception of X5M those choices were draining life from me we test drove something i wanted... Zr1 convertible, Zl1 convertible, various hellcats, 911 turbo, ctsv. For exception of 200k Porsche or 100k caddy i was not happy with anything....at that point we decided to try a compromise. Well summits interior with stupid HP. I had **** eating grin entire test drive, i didnt need assistance to get up or get into the car (i am a fat 6'-2" with recently broken shoulder). Jeep was awesome for me in terms not needing to sit on a god **** floor to roll my butt into the drivers seat or needing a ski goggles because my line of sight is above the windshield frame ( chevy or corvette). It became obvious - trailhawk is not a compromise but a true dream car for wife and i.
Wheeling and dealing, i just signed the deal.
Looking forward to what i hope to be fun ownership.
ha good story. I was in market for Gen 2 Raptor - Escalade or H1 Alpha (old hummer with duramax) the new Raptors suck and was told the TH are going well under MSRP. I dropped everything and bought it. never even looked at the H1s or anything else lol sold.
Only regret was not looking into the H1s more. I am 6-2 also 275LBs with 85% of that muscle I dont fit in many things and the TH I just barley fit. but the performance makes up for the tight space.

whats first for you any mods planned? Id say everyone has to at least do intake the sound alone is worth it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome and I second the kudos on a great purchase story. I too was hooked the second I test drove it. I remember my wife telling me not to get too excited until I drove it. The strange thing was that I think my wife liked it more than I did. That was a first. She never once balked at the price. Lol!

Congrats again.

Reactions: Black Track

·
Registered
655 Posts
chad951: You scored! A great vehicle and a great wife!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts