Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First anyone have any idea of the HP difference you gain from 91oct to E85
Ive been running just straight 91 in winter cuz no traction anyways and e85 burns so fast I hate going to the gas station every few days. I get free gas but just hate going.
I just really feel the power difference and was wondering if anyone really knew. I was told 80-HP before but I dont really know.

second anyone know if the traction control is more forgiving in sport mode or does the computer act exactly the same no matter what mode until you turn off?
that one just always stuck in back of my head and wondered if that could even happen. it should lol

anyways my random questions for the day thanks for your time

·
Registered
582 Posts
Street, sport and track have different limits in stability and traction control.

Traction control alone, auto pulls power fairly aggressively, while in sport you can still lay tracks for a few feet.

Track mode, traction control is off, but stability is still active, with higher limits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Street, sport and track have different limits in stability and traction control.

Traction control alone, auto pulls power fairly aggressively, while in sport you can still lay tracks for a few feet.

Track mode, traction control is off, but stability is still active, with higher limits.

Ha thank you I was hoping you would reply.
I normally go regular or turn traction off in any car I dont use the modes but I have been in sport mode the last week or so as it makes my exhaust sound much more quiet.
it felt more forgiving in sport but wasnt sure if it was in my head.
Thank you.

any guess on 91 to E85 its a huge difference I believe the 80HP but wanted more solid info.

·
Registered
582 Posts
On stock boost, I’d say maybe 50-60 whp.

Higher boost the bigger delta, although psi is also going to be limited by the 91octane, which is going to be capped in the 13-14psi neighborhood.

Btw, I think the owners manual breaks down all the setting and the changes with the different drive modes.

·
Registered
376 Posts
We have no E85 in massachusetts well actually one station and its like 30 miles away - I realize that is not far but its not conveinent. I do wonder what the performance difference would be from what I have now " Snow Performance Meth Injection to that. I almost feel like buying 10 gallons and having another tune written to support E85 and trying that to see the gain difference if any in HP. I know im like the only one who has meth injection so I am not really expecting a response. Just talking out loud

·
Registered
173 Posts
91 to E85 is an easy 50-80whp gain. Of course this depends on how aggressive your tune is & if the ethanol fuel was actually E85. I think a lot of people are disappointed and/or surprised when they think they are running/tuned on E85 but they test the fuel & it's only like E65-E70. And our boost is limited by pulley size, not like the good ole Evos where we could just keep turning the boost controller up, haha.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have no E85 in massachusetts well actually one station and its like 30 miles away - I realize that is not far but its not conveinent. I do wonder what the performance difference would be from what I have now " Snow Performance Meth Injection to that. I almost feel like buying 10 gallons and having another tune written to support E85 and trying that to see the gain difference if any in HP. I know im like the only one who has meth injection so I am not really expecting a response. Just talking out loud
Well I would get a flex tune over a E85 tune. much safer and more options IMO. get a flex tune and when you are near the E85 just add it. I do not know what the meth feels like but 91-E85 is insane. you can even mix the regular gas with E85 just buy a 55 gallon drum of E85 and mix it as you go or on special days or track days just go full E85.

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
91 to E85 is an easy 50-80whp gain. Of course this depends on how aggressive your tune is & if the ethanol fuel was actually E85. I think a lot of people are disappointed and/or surprised when they think they are running/tuned on E85 but they test the fuel & it's only like E65-E70. And our boost is limited by pulley size, not like the good ole Evos where we could just keep turning the boost controller up, haha.
yea that wont fly here in CA they have people that drive around and check if the gas stations are shorting you testing content $ accuracy everything so if it says e85 its E85. I know a buddy has tested it with the tube a few times and he reports its legit.
But I do hear back east they have bad winter stuff not sure why that would matter but i hear it all the time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey guys, hope you are all staying safe. Random question for the smart guys lol. So I just hit 800 miles on my TH. Drove it soft for 500 miles, then started opening her up a little more and a little harder. The other day my buddy was in the car and asked, “What would happen if you slammed the gas pedal to the floorboard from a dead stop?” …. So my question is this. Is it bad for my TH in any way shape or form to slam the gas pedal all the way down from a dead stop? Is launch control a safer option? Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys, hope you are all staying safe. Random question for the smart guys lol. So I just hit 800 miles on my TH. Drove it soft for 500 miles, then started opening her up a little more and a little harder. The other day my buddy was in the car and asked, “What would happen if you slammed the gas pedal to the floorboard from a dead stop?” …. So my question is this. Is it bad for my TH in any way shape or form to slam the gas pedal all the way down from a dead stop? Is launch control a safer option? Thanks guys!
launch control is silly. Make sure you set it in track mode. It moves most of the power to the rear end when you launch. IMO just stomping the gas is silly also your gonna shock the suspension and the tires something is gonna brake hopefully tires break loose. put foot on brake push gas down till 1500ish let off break as you are pushing down nice even on gas. you will learn how hard fast you can push before the tires spin. it takes practice but these will launch hard on the street

·
Registered
79 Posts
launch control is silly. Make sure you set it in track mode. It moves most of the power to the rear end when you launch. IMO just stomping the gas is silly also your gonna shock the suspension and the tires something is gonna brake hopefully tires break loose. put foot on brake push gas down till 1500ish let off break as you are pushing down nice even on gas. you will learn how hard fast you can push before the tires spin. it takes practice but these will launch hard on the street
Thank you for the fast reply and info. Will try this. So when you’re hold the RPMs at 1500ish, you release the brake and slam the gas or gently push to the floor?

Also when doing this in track mode, should the traction control be off or on? I was under the impression that you want all 4 tires to grip instead of rear wheel drive. But I’m not educated enough hence why I’m asking lol

·
Super Moderator
2,526 Posts
Thank you for the fast reply and info. Will try this. So when you’re hold the RPMs at 1500ish, you release the brake and slam the gas or gently push to the floor?

Also when doing this in track mode, should the traction control be off or on? I was under the impression that you want all 4 tires to grip instead of rear wheel drive. But I’m not educated enough hence why I’m asking lol
Just practice some and you’ll get the hang of it. Track automatically turns of traction and the reason you want to put more pore to the rear is to protect the transfer case, a known breaking point.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just practice some and you’ll get the hang of it. Track automatically turns of traction and the reason you want to put more pore to the rear is to protect the transfer case, a known breaking point.
Damn TH’s have transfer case issues? That stinks! I thought the AWD is what these vehicles were all about :(

and what’s up with this 50/50 wheel option? Any good or don’t even mess with it?

·
Super Moderator
2,526 Posts
Damn TH’s have transfer case issues? That stinks! I thought the AWD is what these vehicles were all about :(

and what’s up with this 50/50 wheel option? Any good or don’t even mess with it?
Something has to be the weak part. You’ll probably be ok at stock power but the more power you put through it, the more you increase the odds of it breaking.

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
169 Posts
The best way to unload shock and torque in the drive train is through the wheels. Track mode lets the TH transfer most of the torque to the rear which will either slip a little or grip like a bullet out of the barrel. Obvisiously wheel slippage is not wanted but it can also be a blessing. As others have mentioned, grow into launching using different road surfaces so your never caught offguard. My best time is on winter tires and -5 celsius, track mode with traction control completely off(holding down the trac control button after putting in track mode).

·
Registered
79 Posts
The best way to unload shock and torque in the drive train is through the wheels. Track mode lets the TH transfer most of the torque to the rear which will either slip a little or grip like a bullet out of the barrel. Obvisiously wheel slippage is not wanted but it can also be a blessing. As others have mentioned, grow into launching using different road surfaces so your never caught offguard. My best time is on winter tires and -5 celsius, track mode with traction control completely off(holding down the trac control button after putting in track mode).
I appreciate the info! Thank you and I will try this. So launching in sport mode isn’t a good idea?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts