Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a few bars left from my last batch if anybody would like one, I have a couple just prepped and primed that I can send as is or paint to your liking and I have a caliper yellow and supercharger silver ready to go, thanks to all for your support.
How much for the supercharged silver ?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I hope I’ve answered all you requests and PM’s if I haven’t or I’ve missed someone please let me know, thanks.

James

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd like one in supercharger silver. Please pm details.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Only one supercharger silver left.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Do to a mixup in addresses on my part UPS had delivered a caliper yellow strut bar for a fellow member on another forum to the wrong address on the 2nd of this month, knowing this I sent another to the right address pronto to make it right. After calling UPS and talking with them may times and getting frustrated with them and filing claims and all I had just about given up and figured I’d never get the strut bar back but to my amazement my box with the caliper yellow strut bar got dropped to my door today 20 days later, thank you UPS, and UPS even credited my shipping charges. Sooo, I have a 3 leg base caliper yellow strut bar available if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 · (Edited)
Shipping a few out today. Had one painted in Hot Rod Black, not to flat and not to glossy, it came out awesome.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 · (Edited)
Had a member order one in Sublime he was posting in the TrackHawk forum so I didn’t think much of it, it does look cool though, so when it was ready to ship out of curiosity I ask him if he has a TrackHawk and he sadly said no, oh well it’s hear if anybody would like one, I can repaint to a different color.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
It worked great, driving with the strut bar in place made a feel nice difference it makes the steering feel a bit more solid, hard to explain, tracks truer if that means anything, well planted, less flex in the towers. In hard braking or nose dive it holds straight and true, before the strut bar in similar conditions the the TrackHawk would feel a bit looser. Now taking the on and off ramps to the turnpike at high speeds the TH feels well settled.
Is there actually flex in the towers without a strut bar? Can anyone actually confim that's really happening?? Surprised if so, as the engineers who designed the TH would have to have caught that. There is a lot of placebo effect that often goes into mods like this.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
I also wanted to know and yes I found out there is flex and the flex it has I guess must be in the acceptable range for the FCA engineers. I made several iterations of testing bars to try and measure the amount of flex, a bar within a bar and an O-ring to slide and help mark how much movement there was, that version seemed to show a lot of movement and I think vibration exaggerated those readings, made another with help from my friend Todd who runs a car in the Outlaw 632 Class and welded inline a wheelie bar load cell sensor and data logged with his RacePak and that showed what translated to be about a 1/6” or so of travel on the compression side, doesn’t seem much but flex is there. In any case with my driving style I can tell when the strut bar is on or off my TH, placebo? Who knows.... like when I change the oil in my car, it just seems to drive better.

·
Registered
172 Posts
New to the forum, can't send PMs yet, these look great! Could you send me a PM with pricing for one in SC Silver or Hot Rod Black? Thanks!!

81 - 100 of 134 Posts