Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do to a mixup in addresses on my part UPS had delivered a caliper yellow strut bar for a fellow member on another forum to the wrong address on the 2nd of this month, knowing this I sent another to the right address pronto to make it right. After calling UPS and talking with them may times and getting frustrated with them and filing claims and all I had just about given up and figured I’d never get the strut bar back but to my amazement my box with the caliper yellow strut bar got dropped to my door today 20 days later, thank you UPS, and UPS even credited my shipping charges. Sooo, I have a 3 leg base caliper yellow strut bar available if anyone is interested.
I am new here. I'd like the yellow one!

Johnny

[email protected]

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just installed mine this morning. Super easy install (like with any Strut Bar). Shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes, start to finish.

Torqued the included nuts to 50 ft/lb. Is there a specific torque we should tighten to? There were no numbers in the instructions.

Matches the Calipers pretty much perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
I believe the factory nuts on the strut tower studs are torqued to 22 ft/lbs so 20 to 25 ft/lbs would be ok, I’ll send you 6 new nuts in case you want to re-torque cause once torqued down the flange tends to flatten down and lock a bit not letting the nut spin freely when unscrewing the nuts.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I believe the factory nuts on the strut tower studs are torqued to 22 ft/lbs so 20 to 25 ft/lbs would be ok, I’ll send you 6 new nuts in case you want to re-torque cause once torqued down the flange tends to flatten down and lock a bit not letting the nut spin freely when unscrewing the nuts.
It's all good. It's not going anywhere / moving.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The yellow paint on mine started to peal away where I was tightening the nut, even with the special nuts.
So I went out and bought 6 chrome washers, that worked out well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
I made one for a customer in Mopar Orange to match the valve covers and accents that he applied to the top covers, looks awesome. I have a few left from the batch that we made, Caliper Yellow, Phantom Black and Supercharger Silver if anyone would like one.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think I asked you on hellcat.org but I was interested on pricing and availability of a strut bar in redline 2 color. you can pm me.

·
Super Moderator
225 Posts
I made one for a customer in Mopar Orange to match the valve covers and accents that he applied to the top covers, looks awesome. I have a few left from the batch that we made, Caliper Yellow, Phantom Black and Supercharger Silver if anyone would like one.
That looks awesome!!

When I get one, I think I have decided on the Hemi Orange for mine as well.

Unfortunately all my "extra" money is going to the family vacation right now, but hoping in a couple months I can bubble this back to the top of my list.

Reactions: X+ Pilot
101 - 120 of 134 Posts