Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday my AC blower motor quit working and it's in the upper 90's outside. :mad: I immediately thought to myself, well after 40k miles, I'm finally going to be forced to take the Jeep into a dealer to get something fixed. (I have an extended warranty to 75k miles). So about 20 mins later, I stopped for gas and to get something cold to drink. When I "restarted" the Jeep, the AC blower started working again. WTF? So I thought maybe the blower motor was just getting too hot and it would probably shut down again in a few minutes. Drove for another hour and no problem. :confused: Today, I just got back from another 3 hour drive and no problems. I even cranked it up to max cooling until it got so cold in the car it was really uncomfortable.

Looks like "possibly" another software anomaly that a "restart"" (reboot) clears. This is the third or fourth different problem that I've seen pop up with the TH and was fixed with a simple "restart"... Ghost in the machine. Just like any other computer....

·
Registered
485 Posts
You've got 40K on your TH?!? Holy sh*t, man, you really drive!

·
Super Moderator
1,048 Posts
I would be at the dealer trading my junk in if my AC went out. I am a hot ******* and AC is the only thing keeping me from killing everyone on the road lol. glad its fixed and fixed easy. avoid the dealer at all costs is my motto,lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Had the exact same thing happen. Mine would not come on after starting vehicle. Came back on after a couple of minutes. The next time it went off for about 20 minutes before coming back on! Got a great dealer. Took it in, said it needed three software flashes. The flashes failed and had to put in a new radio unit which apparently houses all software related equipment. So far so good after the new unit.
Chris

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My AC blower motor quit again (2nd time) about 3 weeks ago. I did the same thing again. Just stopped for gas and the problem cleared on the next restart. WTF? I guess I'll never know if it keeps doing it occasionally and/or what the problem was. (Trade it in on a 2019 TH) :laugh: Over 40k miles in ~18 months so I thought I'd trade it before mileage started to hit the trade in value.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I think you take the trophy for the most miles in the least amount of time!

What kind of deal were you able to get on the '19 TH? How much did they stick it to you for the high mile trade-in?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I think you take the trophy for the most miles in the least amount of time!
Probably. Several trips to Vegas can run up the miles pretty quick. Also, I may be one of the few that have bought a 2018 and a 2019 TH already.

What kind of deal were you able to get on the '19 TH? How much did they stick it to you for the high mile trade-in?
Well you never really know what they give you for the trade-in and what they give you for a discount off of a 98K+ window sticker. All that that matters to me is the difference I pay. I had it in my mind when I walked in that I would not pay more than 30k difference. In this case I paid about 28k. Probably could have got a little more off but I was okay with that. Also got a 100k mile FCA extended warranty and lojack thrown in too.

·
Super Moderator
1,048 Posts
Probably. Several trips to Vegas can run up the miles pretty quick. Also, I may be one of the few that have bought a 2018 and a 2019 TH already.

Well you never really know what they give you for the trade-in and what they give you for a discount off of a 98K+ window sticker. All that that matters to me is the difference I pay. I had it in my mind when I walked in that I would not pay more than 30k difference. In this case I paid about 28k. Probably could have got a little more off but I was okay with that. Also got a 100k mile FCA extended warranty and lojack thrown in too.
I agree as long as in your brain its good then its good. trying to make sure you get the best deal and best trade in will drive you nuts. You set it in your mind and got what you wanted I say thats the best deal.

that is alot of miles but I was once told do you not **** your girl friend to save her for the next guy? lol made me think and he was right enjoy your car or truck you paid for it. good luck on the 19 hope my AC never goes out Ill die. FCA needs to get cooled seat also the vent seats do nothing my lower back is on fire 5 min down the road

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NO.... I traded for a new one before I ever found the problem. I think it happens 3 times in about 2 months. Stopped the car, turned if off, waited a few minutes and a restart fixed it every time. Suspected either a software bug or something was just getting too hot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That stinks! Mine came back after literally months passed after they replaced my radio unit - aka computer. Has to be software. Mine will just start back working after a few minutes driving. This is after a cold start first thing in am. Did you do any mods? Only thing I have done is cold air intake. Thanks again for the info, but I have to say you have not encouraged me in a good direction - because I have already had the exact same thought that you have already completed - LOL!!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
No mods at all.... The problem was so intermittent that I never brought it to the shop especially since I have this OCD fear of dealership mechanics. :eek: They usually can't find "intermittent" problems and they often seem to break something else looking for it.

But after doing some reading last year, I was beginning to "think" it might be the blower motor resistor going bad or overheating.

Good Luck with yours.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2019 did this exact same thing 1 month ago 😮. It went away on it’s own and no other issues thus far. I’m modded so no mas warranty lol. Glad I know it’s more than likely a software update

1 - 17 of 17 Posts