Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Trackhawk Black
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had your active headrest restraint deployed. Mine deployed while I was driving. My Trackhawk is out of warranty and the dealer will not cover it. I only have 18,000 miles on it but it is over the 3 year mark. I also have the delamination of the touch screen and that is not covered. These are all know issues and they are not covering any of these.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Has anyone had your active headrest restraint deployed. Mine deployed while I was driving. My Trackhawk is out of warranty and the dealer will not cover it. I only have 18,000 miles on it but it is over the 3 year mark. I also have the delamination of the touch screen and that is not covered. These are all know issues and they are not covering any of these.
How far outside of warranty? Try taking it to another dealer?

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
122 Posts
Wow that sucks. I think the headrest are resettable. There are a couple of companies which will sell/repair your nav unit.

I agree with BTSRT, search for a different dealer. I was able to change front rotors under warranty with 30,000km while changing the water pump which failed. No issues at all, they also said that once out of warranty they can handle known issues upto 6 months out of warranty

·
Registered
2018 Trackhawk Black
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The warranty was out in December. The bracket that holds the pin broke. So you can't reset it. I looked it up and other Grand Cherokees have the same problem. There is a class action lawsuit for them breaking while people are driving down the road. I will try another dealer and see if I can get it replaced. It is a safety issue and should be covered.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had the delam issue outside of warranty and was able to start a claim with a stelantis and they ended up covering it. I would ask your service advisor for the contact information to start a claim for both items. Typically you hear back within a few days if they will handle it. Good luck. With your mileage I would think both would be taken care of.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It also appears there have been recalls for prior year products, and appears currently a class action law suit regarding the headrests deploying which include GCs from 2018.

·
Registered
2018 Trackhawk Black
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got a response back from Jeep Customer Care. They will not cover the headrest under warranty. The current recall is for GC built before Sept 1st 2018. Mine was built on October 28th. Even though it has the same system as before that breaks in the exact same spot.

·
Premium Member
2019, Jeep, Trackhawk, Granite Crystal
122 Posts
That sucks. I would still recommend going to a different dealer. The dealer has a lot of weight in a discussion regarding warranty repairs. They might offer to change the part with you purchasing extra warranty. If they do, you can negociate how much the extra warranty covers.

·
Registered
375 Posts
This is disturbing, definitely go to another dealer and let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Contact SRT directly. You’ll need a dealership to confirm the broken parts and write it up, but they’ll send it to SRT for review. Their number 855-778-8326. They’ve been awesome for me on taking care of stuff out of warranty. They realize we spent a lot of money on these and try to take care of us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts