Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that's an alternative but i like this one with the necessary piping. But it seems hard to get hold of. I have sent several message to them with no response.

·
Super Moderator
2,914 Posts
Yes that's an alternative but i like this one with the necessary piping. But it seems hard to get hold of. I have sent several message to them with no response.
That might be a red flag. You deal with Kirk at fiinterchiller and you get a response ASAP. It’s a passive system though, idk what makes the one you inquired about makes it active.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm running the fiinterchiller with the option to shut off the cabin air. I live where it is mostly hot in South Forida. I have yet to see 32 deg. Best has been 42 with no cabin air. In town with cabin air on IC will stay around 50 deg. I am on a road trip and have noticed that a long run on the highway averaging around 90 mph, the temp went up to 89 on IC keeping about a 30 deg drop from IA. I don't know what others get as a drop. After reading actives hype, I do wonder if fiinterchiller always also uses the air over water, active says no but not sure if thats all the time or when cabin air is off. Many shops can in stall fiinterchillers, the fact that they are down under does not mean much.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Same here, SE Florida

·
Registered
286 Posts
I like my Active Interchiller for its simple feature that I can turn off my a/c and it will revert to the stock intercooler keeping the temps in normal operating range, or if my a/c should fail intercooler temps will always be in normal range.

·
Registered
286 Posts
No not that great instruction wise but Dave would always be available for a ph call or email. Install is time consuming but not difficult if you’re mechanically inclined, it helps if you have a good relationship with a dealer so they can do the evac and recharge of freon.

·
Registered
301 Posts
No not that great instruction wise but Dave would always be available for a ph call or email. Install is time consuming but not difficult if you’re mechanically inclined, it helps if you have a good relationship with a dealer so they can do the evac and recharge of freon.
Yes it was no problem calling Dave andI talked to him for 15 minutes and sent him a deposit.
He said about a month to ship and a day to put it in.
Do you have any pictures of your installation?
Or if not could you take some?
My mechanic put long tube headers and a Procharger D1SC in my SRT and put together and installed a 426 Arrington short block when I blew the 392.
He also said he has installed an interchiller on a Mercedes.
I could have him call Dave when the time comes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I used Welcome to American Muscle Performance for my current tune and some other work. They can install an interchiller. I made a mistake and went to west FL shop for that and other work, then American M in Pompano fixed all that other work except for being loud. I run 93, have ported snout, 108 TB, 2.85 upper, ATI 10% lower along with fiinterchiller, lowered with heavy swaybar and all of bwoody. Just put on 305/35/R20 MT streets. CAI and very loud exhaust, I sure I forgot something. I wish the first shop I used would have followed my instruction which was don't make it loud, they threw away my suitcase mufflers and strait piped with a tiny magnaflow. I changed that with a bigger magnaflow but still very loud. Anyone want to sell their factory suitcase mufflers?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts