Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
The problem is shipping the suitcase and pipes.
You would have to cut it.
I don't want to sell mine

This $850.00 Maximizer exhaust is surprisingly quiet only slightly louder than stock.
Must be the angle of the X pipe

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
109 Posts
Same here, SE Florida
how do you like the interchiller?? worth it? also in florida
I just moved to the Melbourne, FL area from Las Vegas, NV. I have the Stage 2 FI Interchiller installed. On a 90*+ day in chiller + cabin mode, my IC temps hover around 50*. I don't have the Cordes expansion tank installed just yet but will be adding it here shortly. I haven't ran it solely in Chiller only mode yet here (too humid for me to shut off cabin AC lol).

·
Registered
286 Posts
Do you have any pictures of your installation?
Or if not could you take some?
My mechanic, I could have him call Dave when the time comes.
I didn’t take any pics of the install, installed it over a weekend with my friend Todd from Extreme Cryogenics whos main job is in refrigeration, seemed to be a straight fwd install and we called Dave a few times to get guidance, your mechanic shouldn’t have any problem with the install having installed a few. When I get back in town and r3member I’ll take some pics.

·
Registered
'18 Rhino | Red Laguna
109 Posts
I like my Active Interchiller for its simple feature that I can turn off my a/c and it will revert to the stock intercooler keeping the temps in normal operating range, or if my a/c should fail intercooler temps will always be in normal range.
Also interested in the install pics. Is there a "core" that gets installed anywhere? Big downfall of the FI Interchiller was the need to remove the OEM air-to-water intercooler and install the core. Had to fab a bracket, etc.

Also what temps are you seeing?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Also interested in the install pics. Is there a "core" that gets installed anywhere? Big downfall of the FI Interchiller was the need to remove the OEM air-to-water intercooler and install the core. Had to fab a bracket, etc.

Also what temps are you seeing?
When I talked to Dave he said you have to take the nose off to get to the AC Condenser and it fits mostly in the driver (I think) wheelhouse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
FWIW my experience with Dave Spurlock/Active Interchiller Was beyond lackluster. Ended up ordering in Oct of 2021 at which time he said he was 3 weeks out. I reached out at the end of November and so began the long sequence of events that transpired into a 5 month wait to which inevitably led me to having to file a chargeback and order an FI kit. Basically every few weeks starting in December I started to follow up with a status and I got the same BS answer “it was shipping next week”. I gave up February 2022 called my bank and initiated a charge back because he wasn’t responding to my request for refund either. March 2022 got my money back officially after the banks “investigation” and ordered an FI After talking to Kirk who btw called me on a day off because I’m retarded and called thinking they were open but they Are practically a day ahead. After Kirk immediately returned my phone call, I asked him a couple of questions, settled on some options/upgrades and ordered my kit A few days later 14 March 22. Kit shipped 23 March and arrived via DHL 28 March. Pristine setup and wonderful instructions couldn’t be happier with my choice.

·
Registered
306 Posts
FWIW my experience with Dave Spurlock/Active Interchiller Was beyond lackluster. Ended up ordering in Oct of 2021 at which time he said he was 3 weeks out. I reached out at the end of November and so began the long sequence of events that transpired into a 5 month wait to which inevitably led me to having to file a chargeback and order an FI kit. Basically every few weeks starting in December I started to follow up with a status and I got the same BS answer “it was shipping next week”. I gave up February 2022 called my bank and initiated a charge back because he wasn’t responding to my request for refund either. March 2022 got my money back officially after the banks “investigation” and ordered an FI After talking to Kirk who btw called me on a day off because I’m retarded and called thinking they were open but they Are practically a day ahead. After Kirk immediately returned my phone call, I asked him a couple of questions, settled on some options/upgrades and ordered my kit A few days later 14 March 22. Kit shipped 23 March and arrived via DHL 28 March. Pristine setup and wonderful instructions couldn’t be happier with my choice.
That's the risk you take with a one man band.
He seems to have a product that works well according to those who have one.
I emailed and texted him a few days ago if we are on track but haven't heard back from him.
If Dave doesn't have my kit ready by the end of the month I'll do a chargeback for my 500 deposit and order an FI that's basically 1000.00 more than the Active.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Sounds like the man i been trying to get hold of. Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
That's the risk you take with a one man band.
He seems to have a product that works well according to those who have one.
I emailed and texted him a few days ago if we are on track but haven't heard back from him.
If Dave doesn't have my kit ready by the end of the month I'll do a chargeback for my 500 deposit and order an FI that's basically 1000.00 more than the Active.
How did it go?

·
Registered
306 Posts
How did it go?
I spoke with Dave again after 3 weeks as I hadn't heard from him after sending him $500.00
I was going to cancel and get my $500.00 deposit back but Dave said he had some Trackhawk Hellcat specific parts being made by a supplier that should be in next week and the kit will be ready to ship possibly by friday.
So I said
To Be or Not to Be
That is the Question?
:unsure::unsure:
I'll let you know how it goes and will take pictures of the install when I get it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hey
I've been calling Dave weekly and he said he got the parts for my Trackhawk kit from the fabricator and is pressure testing them along with other parts he had made for other orders.
He said he will be able to ship my kit at the end of the week (y)

What I like about the Active kit is there is no cutting of the AC system.
It all bolts in place and can be removed
It took him 2 1/2 months but I don't want to cut my AC if I don't have to..

·
Registered
306 Posts
It would be great if you can post some pictures when you get it and under installation.
Yes
It hasn't shipped yet but it could be tomorrow.
Dave said he will send me the bill when it's ready.
I think I post more pictures here when I do stuff than anybody else.
I have an old cell phone I can give the shop to take pictures with if I'm not there
Make it easy.
I told Dave I would send him pics of the installation that he could use with my permission
When it actually ships I will make an appointment with my mechanic to put it in.

·
Registered
306 Posts
So Dave shipped my kit today.

Here are the instructions to figure out and pictures

INSTALATION TRACKHAWK ALL (updated 3/9/20)

Note:
Have refrigerant removed with proper recovery unit. I suggest laying wiring in place and
hooking up inside connections before putting car on lift if it interferes with opening door.
Keep refrigerant ports capped during installation as much as possible to keep humidity out of
AC oil, always use new refrigerant. Never leave refrigerant system open for extended time.
Wiring must be installed and verified working, check refrigerant solenoid operation and make
sure it is powered open before AC is turned on first time. Bumper cover removed.
There are slight differences from one install to another that we cannot account for within
these instructions. These differences will be minor and small adjustments will need to be
made to account for them, there is no problem that doesn’t have a solution, please call or
email us for assistance.

Wiring All: Competition solenoid is normally closed it must be powered on for cabin to cool.
Install wiring harness and thermocouple through grommet in firewall. Once under hood is
sorted, route wiring to proper locations and secure. The ground switch is a on on switch, it
either turns on refrigerant to cabin or the LED, this way LED is on when cabin is not cooling.
Find source in cabin for switched power, mount digital display, switch, (optional relay), and LED
in cabin, cut and secure wires.
Refrigerant Adapters All: Remove m8 nut from both ends of the liquid line and pull the line out
from the top. Assemble modified liquid line with refrigerant solenoid (arrow pointed up) using
new O-rings, and seals. Hold original and new liquid line side by side and compare they are the
same. Install new liquid line to condenser and assembly near firewall.
Remove 2 m8 nuts from the suction hose on assembly near the firewall (rear nut is 12mm OD),
move hose aside and start 2 jam nuts on the stud and completely remove. With new seals on
the adapter and hose start 90mm long bolt through hose and adapter and run bolt through
assembly. Center align all 3 parts and tighten 90mm bolt then secure assembly to body mount
with original nut on the back side. Feed new Chiller suction hose from front of the car above
crash bar and through core support along frame rail and start on the adapter with new O-ring
(see pictures).
Mounting Chiller All: Mount the Chiller centered on top of the crash bar using the 2 brackets as
shown.
 Barb AC Hose Fitting All: For ferrule clamps you need a crimper for #6 and #10 reduced barrier
hose, for Oetiker clamps you need a hand crimper such as Oetiker 14100396 Pincer. Clamp

fitting in bench vice and secure with enough barb exposed to slide hose to shoulder. Use plenty
pag oil on fitting and inside hose, fit 2 Oetiker clamps or 1 ferrule clamp over hose. With a tight
grip on hose, push hose and clamps full on in one motion (may twist hose) to shoulder and
crimp. Hose will not come back off before crimped; this is a one shot deal.
Once AC hose is crimped to fittings secure AC hose fittings to the Chiller with O-rings. Align TXV
on Chiller and secure, carefully bend capillary tube along Chiller body and up to suction fitting,
(do not crack or kink tube) clamp tube to fitting and insulate as shown in picture. Once suction
hose is roughted as desired align and tighten nut at the adapter. After leak check insulate all
cold fittings and TXV on Chiller. Coolant flows opposite of refrigerant in Chiller (see picture).
Evacuate, leak check, and recharge with the same type refrigerant as original. Increase original
refrigerant charge by 3-4oz, replace lost pag oil, and add 1oz usually around 2oz total.
Coolant All: Coolant flows opposite of refrigerant in Chiller (see picture). Mount thermocouple
in coldest hose before blower. Fill and bleed cooling system by running just the pump before
starting engine.

No HX with relay diagram

No HX or Relay ^^

·
Registered
306 Posts
Unfortunately a Doofus Pit maneuvered me into a guardrail trying to avoid the exit from the right lane at the last second.
I wasn't hurt.
So it's going to take a few months to fix but can be done while the bodyshop is fixing the damage since the front end is off.

Note tire marks on passenger 1/4 where he hit me like a PIT maneuver.

·
Registered
306 Posts
That sucks! Glad to hear you weren’t hurt. Did the airbags really help in this situation? looks like it’s going to be an expensive rebuild.
It was a surreal 4 seconds and the airbags didn't pop out as forcefully or quickly as I would have thought.
I think the seatbelts were fine and the airbags didn't need to go off to help but better safe than sorry.
If you don't wear seatbelts the bags can beat you up with a shot in the head or something like that if the collision throws you around the cabin.
It was like slow motion but the side curtain airbag fired my tweeter and separated it from the metal tuck in
to the top of the A Pillar across the car and slightly cut my hand.

I think I'll move my tweeters down to the dash out of range of the airbags.
Yes it's going to cost 20+ k to fix but it's cosmetic damage no bent frame and it's worth 75k.
As a Bonus so far it seems the collision has helped my lower back spinal degenerative issues but I'll have to wait and see.
The accident may actually help fix me :love::love: like Serendipity

Serendipity
A Fortunate Accident
or
You found something you were not looking for.

Serendipity is my middle name.(y)(y)

21 - 40 of 44 Posts