Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have their adaptive headlights stop steering?

Strangely, engineering was trying to tell my dealer the Trackhawk
doesn't come with adaptive headlights, which is extremely odd.

·
Registered
533 Posts
My TH does not have adaptive lights. I think this is cheap on FCA's part, as my '14 GC SRT had them. The TH should have the best of everything the other GC's get...plus a lot more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My TH does not have adaptive lights. I think this is cheap on FCA's part, as my '14 GC SRT had them. The TH should have the best of everything the other GC's get...plus a lot more.
Now, I'm confused. Mine definitely came with them, but I don't see that option listed anymore. Did they stop using them on some of the Trackhawks?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Just looked at my window sticker and there's no mention of adaptive headlights.
I remember being disappointed in that, the first night I drove the TH on my local curvy roads.

Others on this site have posted similar to mine.

Tell us more about your situation. When was your TH ordered/built?

Mine was ordered in Aug, right when ordering became available. It was built in Nov and delivered to my dealer on Dec 6.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or maybe I was just imagining it given I was so used to it with my prior SRT. It's also very odd to me that they would remove that feature.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's actually about the same schedule I had. Ordered in August, delivered around Dec 15 or so. I assumed it had the same headlights as the SRT. Maybe I didn't really notice till recently. What strange is that dealer didn't know either. I asked if they could look at the headlamp assembly itself and see if it was adaptive capable (as they obviously can be adjusted up/down with the auto-leveling feature that is indeed advertised) but they didn't seem to know. When I go online, I see some dealers listing their Trackhawks with adaptive headlights while some don't. Maybe they're also mistaken.

·
Registered
130 Posts
They dont have adaptive (steering) they are supposed to auto level but they kinda suck at that. shoot even the bulbs that come in them are weak!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Jeep dropped the adaptive headlights on the Grand Cherokee for the 2016 model year in the USA. They were on 2014 and 2015 Summit and SRT models only. Thus, no TrackHawks have steering linked adaptive headlights in the USA. Not sure about specs in other countries.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Thanks for the info, 707Jeep. Another example of FCA trimming costs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was dissappointed at having no adaptive lights -- got used to them on the SRT and range rover -- so stupid to be so cheap

On another note got my fuel pipe recall done today -- its an easy fix but took 3 trips to the dealer -- inspection to see if i needed it -- check back to get an appointment and to order part -- then trip to fix -- oh well

·
Registered
29 Posts
Other cost cuts include the lack of power folding mirrors with puddle lights. Heck, the $299 a month lease special 2019 Cherokee Limited (only $35k) has standard exterior mirrors with puddle lights. Go figure. I was in my friend’s Summit this evening and miss the illuminated doorsills too. The illuminated SRT steering wheel logo on the regular SRTs would have been a nice touch to have too. After all, the TrackHawk is the flagship and should at least offer all the features and amenities of its lesser brethren.

·
Registered
533 Posts
+1 on 707Jeep's comments.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just looked at my window sticker and it doesn't say it has it. And for the last few days here I am wondering how come they're not working.

·
Registered
29 Posts
They weren’t on my 2017 SRT either

Do miss the fog lights

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too really miss them. I just traded my 2015 SRT for the Trackhawk. Whilst waiting for delivery I tried to find out whether this model still had the steering headlights, but nowhere does it mention this is. Jeep provides very limited data on their web-site on the fine detail of what you are buying for $100k. When I picked up the car, I was very impressed by how much more refined the car feels but disappointed to lose such an important feature. I live up a road with many switchbacks and no street lighting so REALLY miss this. Other examples of penny pinching include no re-chargeable flash lamp in the trunk and more, no fog lamps (I know they needed the vents, but c’mon this is still an SUV), and then cheap Jeep logos in the wheel centers, steering wheel center etc.... really?

Of course I could go on - like give me folding door mirrors, proper roof rails (rather than faux plastic ones) and a better choice of wheels - I will trade up to 22x10.5 Velgen Satin Gunmetal.... but hey I LOVE my Trackhawk, so overall very pleased.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine has them. January build (ordered over a year ago) and one of the first in Australia. Our Jeep website says SRT and TH have adaptive headlights.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also have auto folding mirrors. 19 speaker stereo and a lot of other extras, including a TAG watch. A launch edition limited to 62. But before you get angry, it was $165,000 in Australia. That about $123,000 US at current exchange rates. 😂. Awesome vehicle!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have the same disappointment with some of the things that were on my Summit and my SRT. Seems like small things to FCA, but to eliminate some really functional things like the adaptive headlights and power folding mirrors from a $100,00.00 vehicle is just plain stupid. The response I got from Customer care was just as stupid: "Well your vehicle has things like performance pages that the other GC do not have". Very lame.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I also have auto folding mirrors. 19 speaker stereo and a lot of other extras, including a TAG watch. A launch edition limited to 62. But before you get angry, it was $165,000 in Australia. That about $123,000 US at current exchange rates. 😂. Awesome vehicle!
I’d prefer not having the auto folding mirrors for the extra 40k it costs! That’s 20k per mirror. 😱

1 - 19 of 19 Posts