Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I like my stock exhaust but sometimes I want it louder.
The problem with a loud exhaust is it's loud all the time.
So I added some US made 5 year warranty Stainless Steel
Badlanz exhaust cutouts.
I had done this before on my SRT.
It's pretty easy to do for a muffler shop or anyone with some skills and
access to a hoist.

Cut out 5 3/4" each side

Cut slots for better clamping

Made up some tail pipes with the 2 pieces I cut out and some cut offs I had from previous exhausts.

Tied up the plastic pan to make room for the cutouts

Wired it off the + terminal under the hood then down the rabbit hole to the 1"
oem hole through the firewall.
Got him to make me a 22' and a 24' cable so I could run them in through the firewall hole.
They're just 2 wires each that reverse polarity so they can easily be extended.

Used some Dielectric Grease to keep dirt and moisture out

The beauty of this system is the cutouts are only 335.00 plus the cost of the tailpipes
I made mine because I could but any muffler shop can make them and install the cutouts.
I think it's better than buying AFE, Solo, GT Haus etc because it's cheap and you can set how loud you want it by opening it just a little or to your satisfaction.
Have your cake and eat it too.
The switch will go here on the console like in my SRT next to my amp controls

I'm just about done so Ill post a sound vid soon by tomorrow.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I love it, make it loud when you want it, nice. BUT clean your interior man, that dial knob has 2 cm of dust on it. :) Just saying man. Otherwise I approve.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Very cool! Seeing more full systems with cutouts like these. One thing is in the 3rd and 2nd to last pics, is that servo body really close to the tank? Exhausts hop around, especially on these monsters...my bad if I am not seeing it right.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I love it, make it loud when you want it, nice. BUT clean your interior man, that dial knob has 2 cm of dust on it. :) Just saying man. Otherwise I approve.
The 10 psi SRT is my winter car :unsure: :unsure:
I had a CF laminate sticker on the knob and haven't cleaned off the residue yet.
Don't want to use a heat gun on the knob.
Been busy with mods 😁

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Very cool! Seeing more full systems with cutouts like these. One thing is in the 3rd and 2nd to last pics, is that servo body really close to the tank? Exhausts hop around, especially on these monsters...my bad if I am not seeing it right.
No the servos are all clear of rubbing on anything.
The gas tank is under the back seat.
I was highlighting the dielectric grease.
I ran this setup for a year with no issues.
I'll take some more pics later today.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Here's the SRT
The cammed SW long tube 10 psi Procharger 426 was unusually quiet so I added a 3" Maximizer exhaust which is just an x pipe and some small resonators and it was still not loud enough

Closed

Open
Mozart's 426 Symphony 😁

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I have my suitcase muffler from the SRT and some Corsa mid pipes so I cut it up like this to put them together.
I also heated and hammered out the right side oem dimple

Made it a true X Pipe.
Don't know why FCA doesn't do the X
Maybe I'll have this in by saturday.
Should be interesting.
Like an experiment.
And I'll have my stock Trackhawk suitcase exhaust if I want to put it back.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Success! 😃

I had some oversize ends for slip fits for the X Pipe so I could use the narrow band clamps

I pulled the suitcase

Put the Corsa mids in

And my oem modded now true X Pipe

Had some extra pieces from my exhaust parts so I didn't have to cut the pipes off the Trackhawk suitcase

She sounds real sweet closed with a nice part throttle knarly purr instead of the dull oem Woo.
Open is 10 db louder and more nasty.
Just still going to make some hangers for the Corsa mids that don't line up but they're not even really necessary.

It's been raining here so I'll post some open/closed vids by tomorrow.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How does the X Pipe improve performance, quality of sound, decibel level? I might get a shop to do that?
Well you'de have to take it out to weld up both sides.
Quality of sound is the primary benefit.
Adds raspiness

here check this link

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Ok
Here's the Corsa closed and my modded open airbox.
Pretty good when you get it on and otherwise no droning or Woo and not too loud as a Daily Driver.

Corsa open
louder at cruise than closed

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I am pleased with how this turned out.
Open is raspier and closed is pretty good.
I had the Corsa mids but a muffler shop can just use straight pipe and do the X fix and I think it will be pretty good, maybe even better, like my SRT with the Maximizer exhaust that's just an X Pipe and some resonators.
Having a muffler shop do this with straight pipe replacing the suitcase plus the cost of the cutouts I'd say is about 7-800.00.
Less than the cost of an aftermarket exhaust and better.
When the SRT is open it's basically straight exhaust pipe and nastier and louder than the Corsas in the TH with cutouts open.
Typically I like it slightly open on the SRT so I won't be adding straight pipes in the TH.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I am pleased with how this turned out.
Open is raspier and closed is pretty good.
I had the Corsa mids but a muffler shop can just use straight pipe and do the X fix and I think it will be pretty good, maybe even better, like my SRT with the Maximizer exhaust that's just an X Pipe and some resonators.
Having a muffler shop do this with straight pipe replacing the suitcase plus the cost of the cutouts I'd say is about 7-800.00.
Less than the cost of an aftermarket exhaust and better.
When the SRT is open it's basically straight exhaust pipe and nastier and louder than the Corsas in the TH with cutouts open.
Typically I like it slightly open on the SRT so I won't be adding straight pipes in the TH.
The sound is more refined and toned nicer without the Corsa rasp. Can't do that here because of bi-yearly emission inspections

1 - 20 of 26 Posts