Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
The sound is more refined and toned nicer without the Corsa rasp. Can't do that here because of bi-yearly emission inspections
Why not?
Anything past the cats doesn't involve passing emissions or visual inspection.
Sound issue?
you could put the cutouts on the stock exhaust and it will pass closed.
The Corsa mids are really awesome cruising closed, quiet like stock unless you get on it.
I closed off my open element back to stock and took out the plug I put in the silencer.
Now that the exhaust has a nicer lower purring sound at part throttle, I like it better like that.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Dr. Strangelove was happy with that. Put that kind of power in a Trackhawk and it would really fly like a bird.:p

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ok
These sound vids are better examples of this system than the other open/closed ones.
This is cruising and some pedal with the airbox back to stock closed

Open is 10 db louder

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
I decided that the Corsas were just a bit too loud closed for my liking with a louder Woo than I wanted.
I had some 4" twister mufflers amongst my exhaust stuff that are like a 1.5 " flow through pipe and an auger around it.
They were 12" long plus ends so I cut and rewelded them to 8" so they would fit.
No more too much part throttle Woo and nice just slightly open and still Nasty when open.
I would say after all this fiddling I liked doing the cutouts are a nice addition to enhance whatever no valve exhaust you have.

Cut one 4" twister in half and cut the ends off this one

21 - 26 of 26 Posts