Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member from Toronto Canada.

A bit torn, looking for a premium suv and the trackhawk is on my shortlist.

I've driven it several times and enjoy it.

Trackhawk (20" black rims and leather upgrade) 116k

Then other 2 I am looking at is the jaguar f-pace svr (550 hp) 90k

And the ALFA ROMEO STELVIO QUADRIFOGLIO (505 hp) 92k

Clearly the trackhawk is much faster but it's also significantly more expensive.

I've driven both jaguar and alpha Romeo as well and they are fast and very nicely appointed.

I need a daily driver but appreciate the ability to floor it as desired.

Trying to justify an almost 25k premium for the trackhawk. Any advice would be appreciated.

I currently have a 2015 BMW X6 M that I bought new.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was in same dilemma and the 3 vehicles on my list was the Alfa, the AMG GLC63 coupe and the trackhawk.
The AMG had the best exhaust and interior finish but was smaller overall.
The Alfa looks different in a good way inside and out, is by far the best handler and in Florida, they are rare but the reliability and the depreciation are factors I could not overlook.
The Trackhawk is the largest vehicle yet gave me the biggest smile every time I put the pedal to the medal. The interior lacks behind the italian and the german but is not bad.

What won me over was the technology with all the performance page and the fact that it is the easiest and cheapest vehicle to mod to supercar level. I plan to get this thing in the high nines and believe it can be done for less than 10K and it will still be an easy daily driver.
Not sure about Canada but in the US you can get a 2018 for a 15% discount. Koons dealership advertise it right on their website. I found a slightly used unit with the color I wanted for 20% MRSP. I agree the Jeep does not warrant an extra 25K and I would never buy a Jeep at MRSP especially the Trackhawk.

If you are not the type that mods vehicle and will keep it stock, I would recommend a lease on the Alpha as it is just about as fast. The bucket seats and the carbon fiber look the part, the driver position and cockpit look like a sports car rather than an SUV. If you can handle low mileage, the lease will protect you from the depreciation. I drove a Jaguar F pace for the weekend. The handling and the steering feels resembles the X6 the most but the technology inside a step back in the wrong direction.
At the end of the day, if you drove all 3 , the heart must be pointing you one way and you should follow that. You can't go wrong with any of the 3 on your list. God luck and post pics of your beast regardless of the brand when you get it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I traded a 15 Range Rover Sport on a 17 X6M, both purchased new. I traded the RRS because I wanted more speed and a more agressive exhaust note. The X6M really disappointed on exhaust but handled in the the mountains here great. If if just had a better exhaust sound. Traded it on the Trackhawk in less than a year. The fit and finish on the RR and BMW are far and away better than the Jeep but the stock exhaust sound on the Trackhawk is without compare. I am excited to drive it everyday. Have never enjoyed a vehicle as much. Have had it since March of 18 and just washed it yesterday for only the 2nd time. Here in the mountains it will be dirty again i a couple of days. Really don't care so much about how it looks because it is so much fun to drive. I am going to use all year round. The only thing I would trade it on as of today would be the Trackhawk Red Eye when they get them out...ride on.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I went with the TH over the other two offerings you are considering because of its size. I need a little larger SUV, and those others I would consider more as cross-overs...maybe a little larger than my wife's Audi SQ5, but not much.

As the others have said, no way the Jeep fit and finish will match the competition you are considering. However, it is good enough for me, and this thing is an absolute blast to drive. It can be driven easy and not beat you up on a leisurely commute or trip. But hammer the throttle and it has brutal acceleration for a vehicle its size... or any size, for that matter. With cooler air now in N. Texas, I'm seeing 0-60 in 3.1 seconds. In the summer, when i bought it, i was still seeing 3.5 seconds. So this thing runs better than advertised.

I have two 750hp Corvettes. Those are certainly faster from a rolling punch, but they sit in the garage a LOT more now that I've had the TH for 6 months. It is a great vehicle that does many things well.

That being said, I'm guessing you could slap a performance tune on either the F-pace or the Alfa and run some crazy quick times as well.

·
Registered
685 Posts
IMO, there's no way to directly compare the three you're choosing, except perhaps for how each delivers the fun factor.

Like others on here, I have owned many exotic and luxury cars and performance SUVs (as well as a ton of vintage muscle cars.) The TH is among my all time favorites because of how it does everything very well, and is stealthy enough to let you play faster on any road with lesser chances of being stopped by a LEO.

It blends in just enough to (if you're a very alert driver) let you get on the brakes and go by, as opposed to the "look at me" styling of certain other equally pricey vehicles that will get you nabbed.

Well, unless you're really flying when they see you, and then you're probably toast either way.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The reports of how often the AR needs to be back at dealership for service is something that should be considered as well.
Read any magazine long term test, about any any AR, and they all report multiple dealer visits over 10-20k for warranty repair.

MB Amg GLE is probably the closest you'll get to an apples to apples comparison of size, performance, and pure muscle sound when you step on it.
What the TH gives up on refinement, curb appeal and fit/finish, is more than made up with smiles per miles and price savings.

As stated, the Alpha is considerably smaller, as is the MB GLC63, which is probably the closest performer to the TH right now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Also think about how much utility you need and if you need to tow something. I had my choice narrowed down to the Alpha or the Jeep. The Alpha is a better drivers car but the rear seat space is very tight and trunk room is not that spacious. I already have a 900hp 997 track car, so I needed something to tow my car and put a bunch of tools, wheels etc in the back. You can’t even tow with the Alpha. It was an easy choice for me at the end of the day. The Jeep is a great daily driver, has a huge amount of utility/towing capabilities and you can beat almost anything on the street. Plus when something breaks it’s relatively easy to fix and modding is very cost effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback guys. I don't tow anything (nor ever plan to). I need 4 comfortable seats and do a fair bit of long distance highway driving (Toronto - Montreal regularly about 500KM each way).

I had read that the Alpha Romeo's are service heavy which pushed me back a bit on the vehicle. I'm definitely not a fan of Mercedes having owned one in the past. Coming from a BMW, no plans to go back to it either.

The Jag is definitely nicer inside and drives well but again compared to the Trackhawk, it definitely feels anemic in terms of power (crazy that a 580hp vehicle feels slow but its not tuned for acceleration).

I hadn't really compared the boot space but that could be a factor as well.

The only other vehicle I was considering was the Land Rover Velar but I haven't had a chance to test drive it yet. Mind you its best engine comes in at only 380 HP so it would be the slowest of the bunch by a fair margin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts