Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all just wanted to give a review on my new Afe cai.
Recently installed the Afe and it is great. The fit was good the build quality is good. There is a noticble gain in power and tq. The heat managment is great so far im in Mi so its winter the affects maybe due to the 30°weather also some. The intake really dumps the heat fast its actually pretty amazing over stock. The ic also are slightly cooler than i have been monitoring. Really happy with the product. I noticed that a couple of times getting on it in the colder air, in normal mode after an upshift it seems to cut power . Never really expierenced this before . I ussually drive it in normal mode. Want to see if anyone had expeirenced this. Sorry for the longer post just wanted to see if anyone has input thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also live in MI Farmington Hills area where are you from? I just ordered my afe yesterday and should be here Saturday. my Hawk is hibernating now. I was interested in your post to see if there are any issues that others are reporting? But I wont be installing till spring. I also have had this issue couple times, stock air box though. I just chalked it up to traction control throttling down or something. I have a Hennessey HPE 850 package on mine, so not stock at all. Good luck with your issue and I will monitor this post.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Took your jeep to Hennessy? Brave soul.
Yes despite all the negativity surrounding Hennessey I was brave enough to take it there. I have to say my experience with them was outstanding. I even blew the transfer case, and at there cost they paid for shipping both ways (from MI) and stood by there 12 month 12,000 warranty and fixed it, and I could not be happier. I really get a lot of people admiring it at car shows and out on the road. I was also a little nervous with serial#1 there first one. Anyway I hope you get LIL Hemi purring again, I have enjoyed watching your build process. I will post a thread when I have my AFE on and give my review.

·
Super Moderator
2,526 Posts
That’s awesome that they stand behind their work. They probably messed up the T case though. They don’t have an AWD Dyno and likely burnt it up on the two wheel, but in their defense if you were number one they didn’t know that yet.

The last part should be here today so I can fire up Lil Hemi finally. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That’s awesome that they stand behind their work. They probably messed up the T case though. They don’t have an AWD Dyno and likely burnt it up on the two wheel, but in their defense if you were number one they didn’t know that yet.

The last part should be here today so I can fire up Lil Hemi finally. Fingers crossed.
Yes LIL Hemi I to think they burned it up on the 2 wheel dyno. But they made good on it. was quite an ordeal in Dec 2017 and didn't get it back till April because at that time no one could crack the ECM even Livernois couldn't unlock till April. then got it home and 3 days later blew the transfer case out, and finally got it back in July. So long ordeal but definitely worth it. I have so many people (mostly younger) drooling at the Hennessey badging. I guess Trackhawk and Hennessey are in a lot of racing video games. didn't mean to get off topic on this thread but I will review YOUR or should I say my AFE CAI lol when its installed gonna be here Saturday.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,526 Posts
They fixed it is all that matters but must’ve been rough being without it for so long. I know I’m hating life for the last month. Good luck with the AFE, it looks pretty and I’ll probably reorder it in a few months when they can deliver them in a reasonable amount of time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts