Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just wanted to see if anyone has purchased this cold air yet ? Looks nice but kinda expensive.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wanted to see if anyone has one and what theirp thoughts are on it build quality , iats and supercharger whine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Talked to AFE about it already. Not released yet, will be tomorrow, on the 31st.

Looks to be the best one you can get, considering it's the only one that I found that uses a box that seals against the hood, and makes use of the little "Ram Air" thing that you can open up on the Rad Crossmember.

I'll be ordering one as soon as they go "live".

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have their CAI Momentum GT on my 15’ JGC SRT, works very well, I dyno’ed it back to back and it gave a 17 hp increase. I’m not a fan of AFE, had lots of problems with their cat back and catalytics and their customer service sucks but this CAI workes good so I think the one for the TH will produce good results.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have one on order... Should be here tomorrow or early next week....

I had the bwoody... Very hot and made you use a special plug (Gave it away)

Then legmaker.... Really nice, and kept temps down better then metal piping. but had no shielding (Sitting in my closet)

JLT is on there now.... The shield does an OK job of shielding the CAI from the headers and engine.

AFE is on the way and is what we plan to use going forward.... Hopefully it gets here tomorrow or early next week.. (Ordered it a month ago) Ill be sure to let you know how it works... Although my truck will never see a dyno again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have one on order... Should be here tomorrow or early next week....

I had the bwoody... Very hot and made you use a special plug (Gave it away)

Then legmaker.... Really nice, and kept temps down better then metal piping. but had no shielding (Sitting in my closet)

JLT is on there now.... The shield does an OK job of shielding the CAI from the headers and engine.

AFE is on the way and is what we plan to use going forward.... Hopefully it gets here tomorrow or early next week.. (Ordered it a month ago) Ill be sure to let you know how it works... Although my truck will never see a dyno again.
**** John, going on cold air intake #4! Do you really think there is a huge difference between all 4? I would guess very minimal if any.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, AFE got hammered when they posted this product on the TH FB page. But ****, it looks like a top notch quality kit. Too bad I don't want more intake noise otherwise I would order this in a heart-beat.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Very cool looking unit, but highly unlikely it would out perform the JLT. Apples to apples performance gains between the two I'm sure, but if it did out preform the JLT, you would never feel the difference. It's fancy and all but to me, not worth the added cost.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Very cool looking unit, but highly unlikely it would out perform the JLT. Apples to apples performance gains between the two I'm sure, but if it did out preform the JLT, you would never feel the difference. It's fancy and all but to me, not worth the added cost.
This is the ONLY one that isolates the filter from underhood heat, and also allows it to breathe through the hole in the hood.

Overall power gains are prob the same for all of the intakes, sure, but this one will allow you to maintain those power levels ALOT better than the others, once things get real hot under the hood after a few runs.

·
Registered
186 Posts
This is the ONLY one that isolates the filter from underhood heat, and also allows it to breathe through the hole in the hood.

Overall power gains are prob the same for all of the intakes, sure, but this one will allow you to maintain those power levels ALOT better than the others, once things get real hot under the hood after a few runs.

The JLT also isolates the filter from the heat and pulls air from the hood and they have back to back independent dyno testing that shows a 35+ whp gain. I'm saying that the added cost of the AFE is not worth it (unless you're trying to show off some bling when you pop the hood for whatever reason) when you will get the same gains with the JLT for half the price.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The blower is pulling air thru the intake. The blower is quite hot itself. A cold air kit is not helping as much as it would on a NA setup. The blower air heats it up substantially more then what is pulled into the throttle body. Go for the intake kit that you like for looks or what you prefer. All the power will be very similar.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Man was about to buy this but looks like 2018 only. Sucks they don’t make it for the later models. I know they changed the CAI for 19+

·
Registered
107 Posts
Love me some carbon fiber. I was pretty set on the Legmarker but I like the design of this intake & the airbox more. I will probably pick this up soon!

·
Registered
212 Posts
**** John, going on cold air intake #4! Do you really think there is a huge difference between all 4? I would guess very minimal if any.

Yea i do... We were sucking crazy hot air with the legmaker and bwoody....

The JLT has proved worth its weight in gold to me on this build so far... and for the price it should be a no brainer to people looking for the most performance.... I dono if the AFE will be any better... but with how isolated the box it... It has my attention. We might stick with the JLT....

I have a track rental in decemeber... so hopefully ill have it all sorted out by than!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yea i do... We were sucking crazy hot air with the legmaker and bwoody....

The JLT has proved worth its weight in gold to me on this build so far... and for the price it should be a no brainer to people looking for the most performance.... I dono if the AFE will be any better... but with how isolated the box it... It has my attention. We might stick with the JLT....

I have a track rental in decemeber... so hopefully ill have it all sorted out by than!
Can't wait to see these results. I'm banking on the JLT and AFE being very similar in performance, with the JLT being a better option in price comparison.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts