·
Registered
65 Posts
I love the look of AFE intake and how wide it is compared to my JLT

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I have the afe couldnt be happier with it. I also have the gray filter and blue filter . I can say that the blue filter does seem to work better than the gray just an fyi for anyone. When i first installed it i used the gray non oiled filter and it honestly didnt feel or perform any different from stock. The blue is far better in my opinion

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I have the afe couldnt be happier with it. I also have the gray filter and blue filter . I can say that the blue filter does seem to work better than the gray just an fyi for anyone. When i first installed it i used the gray non oiled filter and it honestly didnt feel or perform any different from stock. The blue is far better in my opinion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wondering if anyone else received there intake. I may just order something else considering its taking so long to ship...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just an FYI just wait it’s worth it. Have two TH’s here one with the legmaker, another with JLT, and I’m running the AFE that I waited forever for. Hands down the AFE sounds better maintains about 3-5 degrees cooler than the others and has shown a consistent boost pressures (others seem to fluctuate not sure why exactly) and almost 2MPG average better(Not that this matters but) than the others. And it looks really nice in my opinion.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just an FYI just wait it’s worth it. Have two TH’s here one with the legmaker, another with JLT, and I’m running the AFE that I waited forever for. Hands down the AFE sounds better maintains about 3-5 degrees cooler than the others and has shown a consistent boost pressures (others seem to fluctuate not sure why exactly) and almost 2MPG average better(Not that this matters but) than the others. And it looks really nice in my opinion.
nice
I currently have JLT but plannin on go with AFE.. How is the sound?

·
Registered
81 Posts
nice
I currently have JLT but plannin on go with AFE.. How is the sound?
Yes still has increase in blower whine but not too much. The JLT is just a bit too much for me. I’ll see if I can take and post a video clip next time we meet here so everyone can hear the difference.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have my AFE Carbon Fiber intake for sale if anyone wants it... My fuel orb for the triple fuel pump was in the way... And the JLT is performing fine! Hit me up and ill get it shipped out!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have my AFE Carbon Fiber intake for sale if anyone wants it... My fuel orb for the triple fuel pump was in the way... And the JLT is performing fine! Hit me up and ill get it shipped out!
Hi - I'm interested in your aFe. I can't PM you because I'm new so how can we make this happen.

Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Got mine in one day from Summit Racing. Installed it tonight, pretty easy. Trick is to put most of it together before placing it in. Power delivery feels much smoother, feels more alive at the upper end of the rev ranges and whine is not intrusive at all. If I had one complaint, they could have easily gone through more effort to make sure the bottom part of the intake housing seals with the bottom of the original OEM housing. Can’t figure out why they left a small gap allowing hotter engine air to seep in. I may wrap this with some material but might be pain in the ass to get to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
The whine is hardly noticeable in my opinion. Definitely louder when you stomp on it but very little in just daily driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts

Hi John,

If the other guy doesn't buy the AFE then I'm interested. How much are you asking and what is total with shipping to San Francisco 94127?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also very interested in some Dyno comparisons. Or at least the Dyno app graph comparisons back to back on the performance pages. Their momentum interested was shown to reduce power with other hellcats. I really like how it looks, but the lower ait and really a bit more power is really what the point is, right? I am sceptical, but would love to be proven wrong.

It does sound like a few people are noticing better throttle responses, so that's good. So there might be hope

101 - 120 of 131 Posts