Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also very interested in some Dyno comparisons. Or at least the Dyno app graph comparisons back to back on the performance pages. Their momentum interested was shown to reduce power with other hellcats. I really like how it looks, but the lower ait and really a bit more power is really what the point is, right? I am sceptical, but would love to be proven wrong.

It does sound like a few people are noticing better throttle responses, so that's good. So there might be hope
Here's a thread from the Hellcat forum where someone posted before/after dyno results on an HC.

The poster's conclusion was that the JLT added about 15 HP and I've seen similar numbers for the aFe.

EDIT: can't post links. Search for "JLT CAI fitment and performance" on the Hellcat forum.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Any difference on the dyno between the two would just be normal variation between runs. The JLT whines and is basic but inexpensive. The AFE is quieter, prettier and expensive-er. Pick your intake based on that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
10 different Trackhawks with the same CAI on the same dyno are gonna give you 10 different numbers. The Hellcat community has beaten this subject to death. So open elements give you more whine, closed give you less whine. After you decide that, then go with what is visually appealing to you.
I myself go with LMI. Carbon Fiber, He makes prosthetics for veterans, many record holders use LMI, and I want WHINE!
If my wife wants BWoody because of the color options then I’m ok with that also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
10 different Trackhawks with the same CAI on the same dyno are gonna give you 10 different numbers. The Hellcat community has beaten this subject to death. So open elements give you more whine, closed give you less whine. After you decide that, then go with what is visually appealing to you.
I myself go with LMI. Carbon Fiber, He makes prosthetics for veterans, many record holders use LMI, and I want WHINE!
If my wife wants BWoody because of the color options then I’m ok with that also.
I think the point is relative gains. Not numbers from several different cars, but numbers on the same car, the same day, as close together in time as possible. Output figures vary on oem setups and dynos are very iffy as far as absolute numbers, they are good for relative measurements when done as mentioned.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think the point is relative gains. Not numbers from several different cars, but numbers on the same car, the same day, as close together in time as possible. Output figures vary on oem setups and dynos are very iffy as far as absolute numbers, they are good for relative measurements when done as mentioned.
Yes. But, wow what a lot of work. Thoughts of the CAI thread on the Heckcat forum from ‘15 is giving me ptsd flashbacks 🥺

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yep, probably not worth it, if u want it just go for it I guess. It sure does look nice that's for sure!
I do it for the whine. When I put my LMI on my heckcat I immediately had to go test it out. As I pulled out on the main road (a lot of walkers/joggers etc...) I hot little thing and her dude were walking their dog. I got on it and they both turned around, the guy fell down never lost eye contact with me and he had a oh **** look on his face the whole time. So did I lol. I’ll never forget that reaction.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I can definitely hear the whine with my AFE intake compared to stock.
Performance gains? My butt dyno cant differentiate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can definitely hear the whine with my AFE intake compared to stock.
Performance gains? My butt dyno cant differentiate.
It's funny how the gains judgement is split! Some like you, say basically cant tell, while others swear they get like 20hp... I am really in the camp of assuming (I am no car expert) that the engineers that designed this awesome car also did a solid job designing the intake! Granted that it's not a pretty one, it probably had way more engineering go into it than any aftermarket intake you can get.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's funny how the gains judgement is split! Some like you, say basically cant tell, while others swear they get like 20hp... I am really in the camp of assuming (I am no car expert) that the engineers that designed this awesome car also did a solid job designing the intake! Granted that it's not a pretty one, it probably had way more engineering go into it than any aftermarket intake you can get.
There is that side of the discussion too. That, throwing in a K&N type filter in the stock air box gives more gains over a CAI. Some have proved it by dyno, but that does not disprove gains by adding a CAI. Do what you like everyone. My Hawk gets delivered hopefully this week and I’ve got a mod list longer than my wife’s No Mods list 😂. So, off I go into marital warfare! Just don’t make fun of me when I post up pics of my Pink Hello Kitty Korean Edition Trackhawk 😔.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts