Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a blast running laps at the Nurnburgring. Had a great time with three large beasts doing laps on one of the best tracks in the world. There is no replacement for displacement! And torque which the TH has in spades as you know. Unbelievable how it pulls through the corners. It's just too heavy for real continuous twisty track duty but is a blast regardless. We all know in a straight line it’s still hard to beat. 2 SUVs and one of the biggest trucks in Germany. My son and I ran respectable sub 10s in our boats. I put new tires on Friday, Michelin Latitude Sport 3 in (stock size, 110Ys) and broke them in on the autobahn going, running on the Ring and returning home. New tires are great and I was easy on the brakes with no fading. The trip up and back was also interesting as we transitioned on a couple of autobahns. My son in his Dodge Durango SRT 3 row SUV is a driving machine and had that heavy monster heating up the brakes. The Big Ford Shelby Raptor Baja is purpose-built vehicle in itself and really surprised many! A new BMW M6 pulled on me as we topped 250 but it's OK as long as the car cost more than mine. The TH is a brick above 270 and a friend reminded me, the TH is a brick all the time! Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Car dealership Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Regularity rally Sport utility vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Touring car racing Race track
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Off-roading Ford super duty

·
Super Moderator
1,443 Posts
that is one bad ass track day!
How did the Raptor do? could it hang with you in the corners? I know zero chance in the straights but curious. I love Raptors and wish I didnt sell my 14 that was so stupid I gave it away. Ill end up with another one I am sure as the TH is just to small for me I dont fit that good.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Raptor did surprising well. Handles well in corners even with the big MT tires. He did a couple laps in the 11s where we were running in the 9s.

Reactions: ROCKETW19

·
Registered
415 Posts
That brings back memories. I should take job over there again for a few years just to enjoy all the great automotive events Germany has.

Reactions: jimvanpatten

·
Registered
67 Posts
9's not bad! Not too many years ago that was a decent time for most sports cars. Ill venture to say you hold the TH 'ring record!!

Reactions: jimvanpatten
1 - 13 of 13 Posts