Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang -

Been a dream of mine since my younger days to have a JL Audio W7 and I think it’s time to get one. I’m looking at installing a single 10” in a sealed box + 1000/1 JL mono amp.

This sub will hit hard but I’m worried that I will suffer with annoying interior rattles lol. Anyone have subs installed? If so, did / does the interior rattle like crazy? I have the upgraded HK system and I already get alittle bit of rattle, I just turn the bass & mids down a bunch.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just messed around with the speakers again. I don’t have interior rattle like I thought I did...It’s the speakers that clip at high volumes when there’s too much bass.

·
Registered
218 Posts
May be better to just upgrade to better mids and sub in the stock enclosure. Find a good sub that is suitable with the type of stock enclosure we have.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
May be better to just upgrade to better mids and sub in the stock enclosure. Find a good sub that is suitable with the type of stock enclosure we have.
Think I may go JL Stealthbox enclosure and call it a day. I’m afraid of all the rabbit holes I’ll dive in once I start a car audio project again lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you haven't already done so, check the Jeep Grand cherokee Trackhawk FB page, there are pics and info of a recent install of the JL Stealthbox.
Thanks I’ll take a peek. I deleted my Facebook account many years ago and it seems to be one of the best places for car related stuff...Think it’s time to create another one lol.

I installed it. I wish JL Audio made OEM systems for Jeep.
Nice! How do you like the JL stealthbox? Did you go plug & Play w/ factory amp route or did you install a amp for it?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Nice! How do you like the JL stealthbox? Did you go plug & Play w/ factory amp route or did you install a amp for it?
I love it and wish the bass hit this hard from the factory for the money they wanted for the upgraded system. I ran it with a Line output converter from the factory sub signal to a JL audio 500W amp and that is wired directly to the battery. Easy install if you don't mind removing the HK rear trim and modifying it to fit the new subwoofer. I fit the amp in the spare tire well and hid most of the wiring.

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
I love it and wish the bass hit this hard from the factory for the money they wanted for the upgraded system. I ran it with a Line output converter from the factory sub signal to a JL audio 500W amp and that is wired directly to the battery. Easy install if you don't mind removing the HK rear trim and modifying it to fit the new subwoofer. I fit the amp in the spare tire well and hid most of the wiring.
Is the JL enclosure mounted on the left side and in conjunction with the stock sub enclosure on the right, or is it just replacing the stock sub enclosure?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Love how clean your install is...Good spot for the amp, also like how you wired it using rubber grommets. Think I may go the same set up. I’m sold! Appreciate the pics and recommendations!

·
Registered
22 Posts
A friend of mine has a high end car audio business. He said, for whatever reason, the TH handles additional bass well, especially with the proper enclosure. He's been able to duplicate the factory enclosure, made out of wood, with a JL sub and amp. He said very impressive results. I'm not surprised to hear the Stealthbox was a great upgrade. Huge fan of JL Audio!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A friend of mine has a high end car audio business. He said, for whatever reason, the TH handles additional bass well, especially with the proper enclosure. He's been able to duplicate the factory enclosure, made out of wood, with a JL sub and amp. He said very impressive results. I'm not surprised to hear the Stealthbox was a great upgrade. Huge fan of JL Audio!
Wish I had a friend in the field of work hah! Been obsessed with car audio equipment since a youngin. Never built custom boxes or anything, but loved installing things from amps, head units, components, etc. Watched a few install vids for the Grand Cherokee and it's suprisingly easy to install things. Battery is under the passenger seat, lots of room, easy to remove head unit, etc. Good to hear your buddy approves of the Trackhawk interior sound...Getting ready to order everything soon.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wish I had a friend in the field of work hah! Been obsessed with car audio equipment since a youngin. Never built custom boxes or anything, but loved installing things from amps, head units, components, etc. Watched a few install vids for the Grand Cherokee and it's suprisingly easy to install things. Battery is under the passenger seat, lots of room, easy to remove head unit, etc. Good to hear your buddy approves of the Trackhawk interior sound...Getting ready to order everything soon.
Wish I had a friend in the field of work hah! Been obsessed with car audio equipment since a youngin. Never built custom boxes or anything, but loved installing things from amps, head units, components, sound deadening material, etc. Watched a few install vids for the Grand Cherokee and it looks surprisingly easy to install things. Battery is under the passenger seat, lots of room, easy to remove head unit, etc. Good to hear your buddy approves of the Trackhawk interior sound...Getting ready to order everything soon. Thanks for the insights!

·
Registered
22 Posts
HAHA it has its advantages. He's done a system in every car. It normally is a necessity but this maybe the first time I hold off. Makes it difficult to hold off when my W7's and 1000/1 are sitting in a spare room.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts