Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you would be interested in a replacement for the stock quad tips for something slightly more aggressive? The stock tips measure at 3 3/4" diameter which is a bit too innocent for me so I was wondering what the community desire would be to have something that is like 4 - 1/14" in diameter that simply bolts up to most exhaust kits (SW/Borla/stock/etc.)? My friend can make this happen, but naturally the cost would go down with more demand so I thought I would see what the interest level was! Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't find aftermarket (larger) tips with the OEM joint on them.

·
Super Moderator
2,510 Posts
I’m pretty sure they do because it says u can reuse factory tips. Probably anyone with the Borla exhaust should be able to verify since their tips are backordered beyond their already backordered cat back systems and they’re currently using factory tips while they wait. Not saying we couldn’t use more options, just wanna make you aware of what’s out there.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m pretty sure they do because it says u can reuse factory tips. Probably anyone with the Borla exhaust should be able to verify since their tips are backordered beyond their already backordered cat back systems and they’re currently using factory tips while they wait. Not saying we couldn’t use more options, just wanna make you aware of what’s out there.
Agreed and thanks for the caution! The tips that they have bolt up to their catback but do not work with the OEM catback: "These black chrome tips are made to fit Borla® Cat-Back™ systems 140755 and 140756 and will not fit on the original equipment exhaust system.". How that is possible I don't know haha. They also measure at 4" which is 1/4" bigger than our stock tips, but I have a feeling if I got them their "4"" would be too similar to the stock look that I would have buyers remorse from spending that kind of dough.

My tips are at my buddy's house right now and I should have a picture of the larger option in a week or so. I also thought about making the tip the same shape as the exhaust cutout but then I saw a Summit on the road with that exact layout and the idea was squashed!

·
Super Moderator
2,510 Posts
Yeah, when you read the info on the tips it says they can’t be used on the factory exhaust and only on theirs but then the cat back page specifically says it doesn’t come with tips and you have to reuse the factory. They probably don’t want to sell the tips alone without the car back.

·
Super Moderator
2,510 Posts
Now that I have the exhaust on, I can see how the tips go on. For Borla at least, they come with a pipe that adapts to the factory style but you can’t just get their tips because their shaped differently.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now that I have the exhaust on, I can see how the tips go on. For Borla at least, they come with a pipe that adapts to the factory style but you can’t just get their tips because their shaped differently.

Good info! Mine are at a my buddy's machine shop right now so they can try to make 4.25" tips with the factory flange. The stockers are JUST under 4" in diameter so the extra 1/4" while subtle will definitely make it look a little meaner! I will post pics if they ever finish :p FWIW I put on the SRT8 Borla ATAK and it sounds AMAZING but the 5" tips, while aggressive, don't quite sit how I like.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good info! Mine are at a my buddy's machine shop right now so they can try to make 4.25" tips with the factory flange. The stockers are JUST under 4" in diameter so the extra 1/4" while subtle will definitely make it look a little meaner! I will post pics if they ever finish :p FWIW I put on the SRT8 Borla ATAK and it sounds AMAZING but the 5" tips, while aggressive, don't quite sit how I like.
How did these turnout?

·
Registered
7 Posts
pics?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts