Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the air intake yet? I watched video of a Bwoody Cold Air Intake install and it makes the supercharger whine much louder! I see two companies offering units. This one looks really nice and is carbon fiber, but the company is in Kuwait... Not so sure about giving my credit card info to someone that far away. Anyone have experience with DDR performance in Kuwait?

·
Registered
130 Posts
DDR is outstanding. They were very communicative through order process. And he actually CALLED me once I received it to make sure I was happy.

·
Super Moderator
1,871 Posts
Sounds good, looks good, fits good.

I think there’s some improved throttle response, maybe a tad more power but not worth buying if you’re looking for a noticeable power increase (that goes for any intake). It’s mostly going to be an asthetic and audible improvement.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I really like the BWoody intake. Easy install and shipped to me within 3 days. It sounds great, giving a nice loud whine when driving normal. And like other companies you can pick your color. I chose yellow to match the calipers. Throttle response is a hair better but the intake is more looks and sound.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,871 Posts
So is the Bwoody intake the same diameter all the way through? The Legmaker intake I got transitions from 6” down to the throttle body size.

Are you noticing a slightly higher intake temp as well?

I love the sound but it makes me drive it in sport more and makes me go to the gas station more 😆also makes me smile more.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I really like the BWoody intake. Easy install and shipped to me within 3 days. It sounds great, giving a nice loud whine when driving normal. And like other companies you can pick your color. I chose yellow to match the calipers. Throttle response is a hair better but the intake is more looks and sound.
I had a bwoody i switched... I wasnt comfy plugging in an extra wire that fools the ECU about what the AIT are... Putting the legmaker on today!

·
Super Moderator
1,871 Posts
When I replaced my intake I only saw PCV and MAF connections. Are you referring to the extension for the MAF? Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Aren't these air intakes going to suck in HOT engine bay air??? I notice my stock TH has inlet air temps from 120 to 140 while my new 392 Charger is always at ambient outside temps. Cold air is soooo important for HP.
so what do you guys see with the Bwoody and the Legmaker intakes for inlet temps now??

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does anyone make an intake that looks like it belongs there? It seems to me the Legmaker and Bwoody is a tube with a filter. The Bwoody cant flow as much air as a stock system with the filter they supply. I am sure it sounds more aggressive.

·
Registered
110 Posts
AFE is almost finished designing their intake for the Trackhawk. Most of there products look like a factory intake. It will probably be the nicest one available when released

·
Registered
33 Posts
K&N is coming out with a cold air intake for the TH soon. They noted "great power gains so far". I've been bugging them since the first of the year for a drop in filter. They did make a few prototypes and I was lucky to get one for free. They said they don't dyno the drop in replacement type so I'm guessing maybe 15-20 HP gain. Will probably switch to the cold air if HP gains are significant. Any guesses on the HP gain with the drop in?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am in the CAI market too. No hurry. DDR looks great and probably know a thing or two about performance engines in a warm climate. I like legmaker just not the look of their name on the shield --just not my preference. Will keep an eye on this thread. Maybe aFe will come out with one?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts