Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
K&N is coming out with a cold air intake for the TH soon. They noted "great power gains so far". I've been bugging them since the first of the year for a drop in filter. They did make a few prototypes and I was lucky to get one for free. They said they don't dyno the drop in replacement type so I'm guessing maybe 15-20 HP gain. Will probably switch to the cold air if HP gains are significant. Any guesses on the HP gain with the drop in?
Based on past experience you can expect 1-3hp with the drop in. Highly over-rated..

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just installed legmaker intake and it looks and sounds great! There is a little extra throttle response as well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
When I replaced my intake I only saw PCV and MAF connections. Are you referring to the extension for the MAF? Or am I missing something?

I have the Bwoody as well and I didn't use any extra wires I just plugged the stock connections back on.

I have also recently added the Bwoody Trackhawk Ram Air Shield

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just ordered the JLT intake and catch can. Any one else have that combo you can elaborate on? Can’t wait for it to come in!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just ordered the JLT intake and catch can. Any one else have that combo you can elaborate on? Can’t wait for it to come in!
Excellent choice going with JLT. More of a true CAI with the heat shield. I love mine and it does give it more whine. I was sold when I saw the JLT dyno runs before and after. I understand the dyno isn’t real world road conditions but the jump in HP from the intake alone was amazing.

Let me know what you think of their catch can.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How are you all finding your intake temperatures?
Mine seem to rise when coasting and drop when on the gas, higher than with standard air box.
Supercharger whine is very nice though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
looking at the JLT air intake for my 2018 TH which is better for the vehicle the oil filter or the white dry filter?
new member just bought my first TH yesterday and trying to figure it what people are running and what is better for the vehicle.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
39 Posts
Does anyone know about a Mopar cold air intake that can be installed and not void warranty? I will be doing a cold air intake within the year but do not want to void warranty either..please help fellow hawk owners.😊

·
Registered
217 Posts
It’s up to the dealer to void or not the warranty cause you changed the air intake, I myself haven’t heard of a dealer voiding a warranty cause of an CAI but I’ve heard of them voiding warranty for simpler stuff. Look into AFE they make a nice CAI and it’s a quick swap back to stock in case you have to visit your dealer.

Reactions: adamkc

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
39 Posts
It’s up to the dealer to void or not the warranty cause you changed the air intake, I myself haven’t heard of a dealer voiding a warranty cause of an CAI but I’ve heard of them voiding warranty for simpler stuff. Look into AFE they make a nice CAI and it’s a quick swap back to stock in case you have to visit your dealer.
Thank you for that. Will do.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts