Jeep TrackHawk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little concerned. Newly purchased 2018 with 23,000 miles. Has the key fob issue but engine was showing as red. Race mode. Logged 0-60 in 4.4 sec, HP graph showed just under 500 HP peak from what I could tell. Driver + passenger. However 95 degrees outside with high humidity. Normal or am I low on power??

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
Doesn’t sound right to me. It’s super easy to pull sub 4 second 0-60. Try doing a launch in just regular auto mode and see what you get. If ur in track mode and the road conditions are crappy, you’ll spin a lot. As long as the engine isn’t showing as yellow when in the drive mode screen then there’s no fob issue (to my knowledge).

·
Registered
582 Posts
On screen dyno should be hair over 600hp, not 500hp.

You doing all this in track mode?

Even with the heat here, power still shows 600hp.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea it was track mode. complete stop, then floor it onto onramp. Slight downhill if any incline. It was crazy hot today and still on stock tires which will need to be replaced soon. Ill try it again tomorrow in Auto mode and report back.

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
Also try launch control and set it at 1500RPM. This will keep you from overdoing the throttle to give us a baseline. Do a few to make sure it’s repeatable and get back to us. If your tires are shot, you’ll loose quite a bit of time there too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ran it again this morning (9/5). 84 degrees ambient. Got a 4.4 and a 4.3. No passenger. Weird thing is that this TH is pre-owned and best stored 0-60 is a 3.3, so could the difference between 3.3 and 4.3 be explained by ambient temperature? I confirmed that engine was red, so I don’t think this can be the fob issue.

Did use LC, but I do have to replace the tires soon. Maybe bad tires + warmer outside temp, or is something wrong here?

Also planning to have the fob recall performed in about a month with the 24k service.

·
Super Moderator
2,296 Posts
I mean if your tires are to the wear indicators, then maybe. When u do a 60-100 pull, does it feel stupid fast or only regular fast? What are ur 1/4 mile times? Should be in the 11’s and trap around 117.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Id say it feels (to me) regular fast. About the same as my old FBO GT-R. Havent had a chance for proper 1/4 or closed course testing yet. Mostly zero-60 getting onto my favorite on-ramp. Here is another one of those this afternoon:

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Are you at relatively high elevation, too. It's hotter than you-know here in DFW, too... and I can get 0-60 in 3.4-3.5 all day in 85-90^F heat. But I'm at 600' above sea level.

That being said, I have only 8200 miles on my TH, and the OEM tires are still showing lots of tread left. If you're spinning hard (or much at all) on a typical 1000-1500rpm launch, that's what is killing your time... not an issue with engine power.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha we have the same elevation and outside heat issue....I'm in Flower Mound. Brought my TH secondhand and knew at the time that the tires were are almost at the wear bars. I got just under under 600HP peak on the dyno graph yesterday afternoon (98 degrees out), plus the stored best time in the computer is a 3.3, so the tires do seem to be the explanation here. Planning a new set next month. Thanks all for the help. Plan to check back next month after 24k service, fob recall fix, and new tires!

·
Banned
362 Posts
Agree with other that are saying mid 3's 0-60 are easy to get regardless of the air temps and mid 11's in the quarter are normal too. Of course in cold weather and you should see low 3's and lower 11's. Almost sound like you are running in valet mode.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know I also have the fob issue too...plan to get that resolved next month with the 24k service, even though valet and eco were off, and engine icon was red during these runs. Seeing the almost 600 HP on the dyno graph as I did (see above) apparently means im in the expected HP range, and thinking most likely culprit preventing those quicker times are those worn stock runflats.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It’s really sounding like the tires are the big contributor. Get some new shoes n hit the dance floor!!
I called the tire place today and was told that the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ is on 'National Backorder'!!! :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts